Indy 4 article

Brad T

I was reading a newspaper magazine lift-out today, and discovered an article on Harrison Ford that contained some information about Indiana Jones 4.

Some of it may be old news but I thought y'all would be interested, so I typed an extract from the article.

Ford, producer George Lucas and director Steven Spielberg have kicked Indy 4 ideas around for years as several screenwriters had a go at the script.

"We're now closer than we've ever been," Ford said in an interview. "I think it'll happen pretty soon."

At an American Film Institute bash for Lucas last year, Ford joked that they had to hurry or co-star Sean Connery would be too old to play Indy's dad. At 63, does Ford feel too old to play dashing adventurer Indy?

"No, no. Indiana Jones changes just like everybody else," Ford said. "I don't have any issues with that and I still feel physically adequate to faking it just like I've been doing for 30 years. I'm looking forward to it. It's good fun."

At one time, the three had hoped to shoot the Indiana Jones sequel in 2004 for release last year. Now, Ford said, production could begin this year, with the movie arriving in 2007. Lucas has laid to rest his sixth and final Star Wars movie, while Spielberg is fresh from his 2005 efforts, War of the Worlds and Munich.

"Part of it is finding a time when all three of us are available to commit to it," Ford said. "I think we've got that now."

David Germain
"Ford still revved up"
The West magazine
February 25, 2006

Brad

moondrifter

Hey Brad,

Part of it is old news, but it's good you posted it as kind of a sum up of what's going on. Thanks for your input annyways.

You don't seem to visit here too often...It'd be great to have you as a more frequent poster here on the raven, but still your few posts do have purpose and meaning, so i guess i can't complain...

Moondrifter xxx

IndyBuff

Thanks for the article Brad. Some of that news has been around for a while but at least Ford still seems confident that the film will happen, which is always a good sign.:)