Indy costume shown at forthcoming V&A "Hollywood Costume" exhibition

Archaeos

Not sure if this has been posted (please move to somewhere else or delete if that's the case), but one set of the Indy costume with some props will be on public display at the Victoria & Albert Museum in London from 20 September 2012 'til 27th January 2013. It's a rare opportunity to see the Fedora et al in person.

It's gonna be part of the V&A's Hollywood Costume special exhibition curated by Deborah Nadoolman (who we owe the costume's creation in the first place) and Christopher Frayling (whose The Face of Tutankhamun BBC book and documentary series is in my view a must-see).

Main Page - V&A "Hollywood Costume"

Info & Background - V&A "Hollywood Costume"

So that's another cool opportunity to see the costume this year, if travelling to the National Geographic Adventure of Archaeology Exhibition (discussed here) at CAC in Valencia until 16 September 2012 isn't an option for you.
(I am still working hard to get to Valencia, hope I can make the arrangements happen)

~~~~
Clothes are never a frivolity, they always mean something
James Laver (1899–1975), first Keeper of the V&A Theatre Collections

HenryJunior

Sweet, thanks for the link Archaeos! That first page also has a nice rare, large version of that Well of Souls Indy pic.:hat:

indywannabbe

Indys cosme on display at the V&A museum

in London, kensington. The exhibition is called hollywood costumes. It was so exciting to see Indies costume on display there, it was almost spiritual.

indywannabbe

Didnt know there was another thread, ta for letting me know. Yes i had to pay my respects to the costume.

While viewing it, i was thiinking is that the actual costume Harrison wore during filming for the film, or is it a replica?

My fedora is wrong colour, too dark comared to one at V&A. But Indies pants were pretty dark as was the shirt.

Last edited: