General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Indy's brother

RedeemedChild said:
BTW I'm of the notion that if Cowboys and Aliens is successful then we will indeed see a Indiana Jones V movie.

I don't think it will be any kind of deciding factor regarding Indy 5, but it certainly wouldn't hurt a thing!

.....unless GL sees the success and says "Well THAT movie had aliens in it before the events of KOTCS and people loved it! Screw the fans, I'm done."

Dr.Sartorius

Maybe we'll get aliens for Indy 5 too then. Only this time it'll be like in The Day the Earth Stood Still remake, they all look like Keanu Reeves.

RedeemedChild

Dr.Sartorius said:
Maybe we'll get aliens for Indy 5 too then. Only this time it'll be like in The Day the Earth Stood Still remake, they all look like Keanu Reeves.

Woah Sartorius! I really got a good quality laugh out of that one!

RedeemedChild

Seeing as Harrison Ford is continually aging and won't be do things like he used in the way of stunts and all; would it be to much to ask if we got Lucas and Spielberg to simply take a computer and feed a younger Harrison Ford into the movie the way Nolan used the tech to keep using H. Ledger as The Joker or the way Singer used Routh in Superman Returns?

Montana Smith

RedeemedChild said:
Seeing as Harrison Ford is continually aging and won't be do things like he used in the way of stunts and all; would it be to much to ask if we got Lucas and Spielberg to simply take a computer and feed a younger Harrison Ford into the movie the way Nolan used the tech to keep using H. Ledger as The Joker or the way Singer used Routh in Superman Returns?

Wasn't that The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus?

I wouldn't really want to see a CG Harry being passed off as the real thing. An actor is still an actor.

Indy's brother

Although it flies in the face of my preference for practical effects, if done right, and opening 3rd act with a ROTLA-era Indy featuring an actor with prosthetic makeup and some cgi tweaking to really sell the effect wouldn't kill me. I still think that Seann William Scott would fit the bill.

"Trust me"
piepre.jpg

I think he would have made a good Mutt, too.....

indy4242

Does anybody remember when exactly Indy 4 was announced, and how soon that was to them started filming?

Could it be they're ready to start filming completely under our noses!? [/wishful thinking]

Stoo

Montana Smith said:
I wouldn't really want to see a CG Harry being passed off as the real thing. An actor is still an actor.
I've mentioned before that it could be an animatronic Indy using the Madame Tussaud's waxwork as a mould for the face. That would be much better than CG.:p For more conversation on the possibilities (both actual & absurd), check out this thread: What Happens When Harrison Ford Dies?
Indy's brother said:
I still think that Seann William Scott would fit the bill.
He is GREAT as Stiffler but, nah, I can't see it.
indy4242 said:
Does anybody remember when exactly Indy 4 was announced, and how soon that was to them started filming?
Moedred should be able to answer that.

RedeemedChild

Indy's brother said:
Although it flies in the face of my preference for practical effects, if done right, and opening 3rd act with a ROTLA-era Indy featuring an actor with prosthetic makeup and some cgi tweaking to really sell the effect wouldn't kill me. I still think that Seann William Scott would fit the bill.

"Trust me"
piepre.jpg

That's not a bad idea man.

Have you seen the new Tron? In Tron Legacy they have Jeff Bridges playing against his younger self which is rendered via CGI. I haven't actually seen the entire movie but from what I have seen and read in magazines like 'Wired' it worked nicely.

The Drifter

RedeemedChild said:
That's not a bad idea man.

Have you seen the new Tron? In Tron Legacy they have Jeff Bridges playing against his younger self which is rendered via CGI. I haven't actually seen the entire movie but from what I have seen and read in magazines like 'Wired' it worked nicely.

There's more to playing Indy on the big screen than just someone looking like Ford. They have to be able to have Indy's mannerisms and his quirks down. Which, I doubt anyone else can pull off.

JRJENNINGS86

The Drifter said:
There's more to playing Indy on the big screen than just someone looking like Ford. They have to be able to have Indy's mannerisms and his quirks down. Which, I doubt anyone else can pull off.

very true. Steven S. in interviews has said many times that Ford really is Indy. Ford naturally brings Indy to life and that is somthing no one can do except for the man himself.

RedeemedChild

The Drifter said:

That's true. It just wouldn't feel the same without Harrison Ford although I'd love to see Hugh Jackman in a Indiana Jones reboot governed by J.J. Abrams targeted at a younger, newer audience much like was done successfully with Star Trek XI.

Perhaps we should just leave off with the Indiana Jones movies and let the Indiana Jones stories be told through some other means such as animation, video games, trading cards, role play and that kind of thing. I've been on various official Lucasfilm boards and I've been doing all I could to get responses from the representatives of Mr. Lucas but it doesn't seem like he has any interest in acknowledging us Indiana Jones fans. Or could he just be extremely busy? P. Ward of Adventure Time hasn't responded to my e-mails yet either.

Has anyone else here experienced such latency in communication from Lucasfilm?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Indy's brother said:

"Trust me"
piepre.jpg

Finally, someone who agrees with me! Ages ago on the Raven, in a thread about who would be a good actor to be Indy in a reboot, my suggestion was Seann William Scott- especially after watching Bulletproof Monk and Welcome to the Jungle (in which he finds a gold artifact, the Devil's Cat, El Gato Diablo).

And as for CGI Jeff Bridges in TRON:Legacy- I saw it at the movies, and I have to say they did a great job. There's a still a way to go yet with CGI, but it was pretty believable.

Indy's brother

Violet said:
Finally, someone who agrees with me! Ages ago on the Raven, in a thread about who would be a good actor to be Indy in a reboot, my suggestion was Seann William Scott- especially after watching Bulletproof Monk and Welcome to the Jungle (in which he finds a gold artifact, the Devil's Cat, El Gato Diablo).

Probably right around the same time I did back in '08. :hat:

It's too bad that too many people would only be able to see Stifler. In the 2002 heist flick Stark Raving Mad, he proved (to me, anyway) that he was capable of playing it straight in a lead role with a fun action premise. Not a great movie by any stretch, but he managed to carry the whole thing into "likable" territory.

Last edited:

Indy's brother

The Drifter said:

You are absolutely right, otherwise it wouldn't feel like Indy. To prove that it can be done though, I think River Phoenix pulled it off. While I do usually skip that part when I watch LC anymore, it took many years for me to tire of it. I'm also not so dense as to be unable to understand that you are talking about a grown Indy of the 30's......just stirring the pot a bit to keep an open mind about it.

Darth Vile

The Drifter said:

Indy's brother said:
You are absolutely right, otherwise it wouldn't feel like Indy. To prove that it can be done though, I think River Phoenix pulled it off. While I do usually skip that part when I watch LC anymore, it took many years for me to tire of it. I'm also not so dense as to be unable to understand that you are talking about a grown Indy of the 30's......just stirring the pot a bit to keep an open mind about it.

I can't really see the point of re-casting Indiana Jones for a 're-boot' if they just get an actor to imitate Harrison Ford playing Indiana Jones. As much as Ford is Indiana Jones, if the movies are going to go on without him, they have to get an actor who can bring something else to the role. Impersonating Ford would be the worst possible thing for me.