The All Things Alien Thread

slav3

"(...) To celebrate Close Encounters of the Third Kind's 30th anniversary, Spielberg has gone into the storage warehouse and dusted off those rubber Extraterrestrial dummies for a cameo appearance in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. You are probably wishing that I made that up. But, no, I am not.

The one thing everybody knows about the new Indiana Jones adventure is that it deals with aliens. Of some kind. There is a really cool article over at MTV that gives you all the information you'd ever want to know about the emergence of the Crystal Skull in our culture. How they came to be, what they are, and what many believe they are used for. These artificial artifacts make for the perfect Indiana Jones treasure. Read the article and it will all make sense to you. It's cool. (...)"

Source: http://www.movieweb.com/news/17/24617.php

Reggie snake

Say it ain't so

If this is true, it will ruin the entire franchise. I think Spielberg has enough respect for the audience not to do this............I hope :mad:

Finn

Staff member
If Area 51 is in the movie, they might just be props in the background, visible only for few seconds. Bit like the cameo those two most famous droids in the galaxy had in RotLA.

A_True_Believer

It could be plausible. I seem to remember that a while back another "insider" said that aliens were in Indy 4, but that they made a very brief appearance and did not have a large impact on the plot. As long as we don't see any living aliens, and as long as the film does not degenerate into a sci-fi theme, then I think it will be ok. It would add an interesting twist to the mythology of the skull.

Then again, this could be misinformation intentionally planted to throw us off. Spielberg even admitted to doing this already with the film's title. So who knows? ;)

deckard24

I don't know what else to say about this rumor other than I'm baffled!

Maybe there will be a few raptors running through the South American jungles where the Crystal Skull is hidden, and a 25 ft Great White that patrols the rivers of the ruin! And right before Indy gets to the temple or ruin, Sean Astin and the rest of The Goonies will have beaten him there. Then the mothership will come down out of the sky with Fracois Truffaut and the Close Encounters theme music will kick in, just like they did in LC when Indy saw the catacomb wall painting of the Ark.

Last edited:

tocksic

And in the river fight he kills some jaws after he had to save private ryan because his name was on schindlers list.

I TRULY HOPE THIS RUMOR IS FALSE... (n)

I know George Lucas showed some E.T.-like aliens in one scene of "Star Wars - Episode 1", but I would absolutely HATE aliens in Indiana Jones IV... even if they're only to appear as a brief cameo. (n)

DAMN, IT WOULD BE ABSOLUTELY AWFUL. (n) (n)

And I'm one of those guys who still hope not to see any reference to Area 51 either. I hope the rumors we heard about it are false, too.
The top-secret warehouse we have seen in the end of "Raiders" would be fine... but Area 51 and aliens are too sci-fi for me. I only want some good archeological oriented adventure, not a sort of horrible unrealistic spy story... (n)

mfisher

I have been a devout Indy fan since childhood... but aliens in an Indy movie would absolutely blow it for me...

indyt

deckard24 said:
I don't know what else to say about this rumor other than I'm baffled!

Maybe there will be a few raptors running through the South American jungles where the Crystal Skull is hidden, and a 25 ft Great White that patrols the rivers of the ruin! And right before Indy gets to the temple or ruin, Sean Astin and the rest of The Goonies will have beaten him there. Then the mothership will come down out of the sky with Fracois Truffaut and the Close Encounters theme music will kick in, just like they did in LC when Indy saw the catacomb wall painting of the Ark.

This is the best post!! :D

AHegele

Finn said:
If Area 51 is in the movie, they might just be props in the background, visible only for few seconds. Bit like the cameo those two most famous droids in the galaxy had in RotLA.

Bingo. I think this is the most realistic solution.

Kingsley

There are three of them, seated on thrones in The Kingdom (an Aztec structure that turns out to be a spaceship)
What!? :sick:

If that's true... why do they take such uncool ideas, that need a huge amount of work to be turned into something cool?
I think it's not an impossible task, but almost.
There are so many ideas for the plot that are cool by itself! Aliens aren't among them.

TheLastCrusader

What is everyone's problem? :confused: This isnt a sci-fi film! They'll probably do nothing more than just appear in the background, being very stiff and dead!! Along the same lines as R2D2 and C3PO in raiders. Now, there was'nt anything wrong with that now was there...

Zorg

This is probably

a) deliberate disinformation, or

b) an actual story by an actual worker on the KotCS set, only misunderstood and made a lot bigger than it actually is (if it is).

So, if the Close Encounters aliens really do appear in KotCS, it'll be very brief and an inside joke only to the fans of Spielberg's work to notice. I highly doubt we'd see Indy shaking hands with the aliens or any scene where they'd be featured prominently, for that matter.

People tend to understood every alien rumor in the way that it has to mean flying saucers everywhere and the Grays coming down and abducting someone. Please. It can be done so much more subtly.

IndyFan89

Sankara said:
This is BS! Anybody want's to bet with me? We will never see an Alien in an Indy-Movie. Fact!

Amen!

Maybe it's really called IVP (Indy vs the Preditor) :rolleyes:

I can even read this BS. :sick:

I'm hoping this is garbage info, however, they may just do it! We have already had swirling ghosts and demons at the end of Raiders. What is so different with aliens? If anything, they would be a tangible presence whereas ghosts are not!

Last edited: