Raiders Complete Storyboard Collection?

jambedavdar

Since I started working on my filmumentary, Raiding the Lost Ark, I've come across many Raiders storyboards from the varying artists. Has anybody attempted a full collection of the storyboards? I've even managed to get hold of a few production used ones.

Let me know what you think.

Stoo

jambedavdar said:
Has anybody attempted a full collection of the storyboards?
I am trying to collect them all (and I know Moedred is, too). Many of them can be found in the 1981 Ballantine book, "Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Illustrated Sceenplay".

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I have storyboards and FX storyboards collected from various books and magazines. (The rest of my off-site site is here.) The Raiders Illustrated Screenplay is the most generous source of (black and white) storyboards. Let us know if you need to check out a copy. Also give the continuity breakdown a look if you haven't!

Stoo

Another good source (most of which is shown in Moedred's links) is the 1994 book, "From Star Wars to Indiana Jones - The Best of the Lucasfilm Archives". It has colour versions of many storyboards that were featured in the "Illustrated Screenplay" of Raiders. (PLUS EXTRAS!)

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Prehaps this time our community would like to share because there is always something interesting to find...

...here's a trailer for those who would be interested...;)

ConceptStoryboardscommericalRaiders01.jpg

ConceptStoryboardscommericalRaiders02.jpg

ConceptStoryboardscommericalRaiders03.jpg

ConceptStoryboardscommericalRaiders04.jpg

ConceptStoryboardscommericalRaiders05.jpg

ConceptStoryboardscommericalRaiders06.jpg

ConceptStoryboardscommericalRaiders07.jpg

ConceptStoryboardscommericalRaiders08.jpg

ConceptStoryboardscommericalRaiders09.jpg

ConceptStoryboardscommericalRaiders10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Indy Brazil

JuniorJones said:
Prehaps this time our community would like to share because there is always something interesting to find...

...here's a trailer for those who would be interested...;)

Mother of God!!

jambedavdar

Thanks for the responses fellas. I have the Illustated screenplay as well as the LFL archives book. I am happy to share scans of my production used Raiders storyboards (when I get round to scanning them).

I also have several grabs from auctions etc. I'll check out the links that you guys have provided.

Does anyone know if storyboards of the Well of Souls sequence had ever been released? I need ones showing Indy pushing over the Anubis statue.
Thanks again

Last edited:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
jambedavdar said:
Thanks for the responses fellas. I have the Illustated screenplay as well as the LFL archives book. I am happy to share scans of my production used Raiders storyboards (when I get round to scanning them).

I also have several grabs from auctions etc. I'll check out the links that you guys have provided.

Does anyone know if storyboards of the Well of Souls sequence had ever been released? I need ones showing Indy pushing over the Anubis statue.
Thanks again

Jambe, this is your lucky day! Give me a few hours.

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
There was 1 or 2 that artist Dave Stevens did that was in an article in a comic book history magazine last year that were new.. I will send them over to you -- they were of the truck/horse chase.

Stoo

Holy Sh*t!:eek: Thanks for the 'heads-up'!(y)

P.S. I just read this: "May not ship to Switzerland". They only ship to the U.S.:(