Filming at Downey Studios

commontone

Well, they may have been a few years off on some things, but maybe that's all they could find--it's really splitting hairs. I'm sure they *want* and *try* to be as authentic as they can, but availability, budget etc. certainly must dictate mild deviations sometimes (as in "authentic Nazi flag from 1943, not 1938" that only Nazi historians could tell a difference). And possibly in some circumstances they might say, "That way is more accurate, but this way is really close and much easier to light" or something.

I mean, we surely won't be seeing '61 Fords in the New Haven scene, but maybe Karen Allen's shoes will be replicas from 1959--oh well.

Either way there will be a vintage 50's Nellis AFB sign in Indy 4; at this point make of that what you will.

Kingsley

I would like to see that Cold War "Dr Strangelove" paranoia somewhere in the movie, probably not so parodic. And a terrified Indy :eek: looking at an atomic explosion in the desert could be another cool scene.

Why bring aliens if we have enough stuff in this world alone, with humans and God the formula worked. This is a point where I want some complacency!!

jtobin13

best buy/Downey

Kingsley i was in there in july when i worked a night shoot on 1408. film at downey....didnt go for the boxed - iwanted a big screen tv--set nor didi know i would work on my favortie film sequel in less than a month!! jt

Last edited:

sarah navarro

jtobin13 said:
Kingsley i was in there in july when i worked a night shoot on 1408. film at downey....didnt go for the boxed - iwanted a big screen tv--set nor didi know i would work on my favortie film sequel in less than a month!! jt
Who did you play?:D

misnomer

I think it's really cool that "the warehouse" (although the content may always be on the move from one warehouse to another) is making an appearance in the new movie. why? it shows theyre confident about the movie. The mentality of "we mustn't interfere with the classic ROTLA" isn't there, and it's a really good sign.
To me it suggests that the filmmakers are really seeing Indy 4 as a truly worthy addition to the series....

Dr.Sartorius

Violet Indy said:
Like JT is going to say any spoilers. So stop asking, as it's pointless.

How do you know what he wants to do? If you're worried about reading spoilers then why are you in the spoiler section?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Dr.Sartorius said:
How do you know what he wants to do? If you're worried about reading spoilers then why are you in the spoiler section?

Coz everytime he has been asked about his direct involvement, what he saw on set, etc he has so far not given a clear answer. And he is more than likely under a confidentiality contract and I doubt he wants to go the way of Tyler Nelson. I would love a spoiler or two, but I don't think it's going to come from him.

jtobin13

no spoilers from me ever--violets correct

i was just happy to have worked on it this summer . and it wasnt at downwy .I worked Downey on the film 1408...and i also signed a conf. aggreement on All about Steve,,,why I dont know,,nothing to tell..thats close exciting as skulls.

anyway nice to meet you all here its a nice site\

Last edited:

joelwatts

commontone said:
The Area 51 connection came about for a reason..it's not just completely made up by fans. One of the hangars on the Indy 4 set in Deming had a certain banner, or painted sign, hanging on it; "Home of the fighter pilot" or something similar, painted in a certain font. It basically made the set look exactly like Nellis Air Force Base did in the 50s.

Nellis is the closest non-secret base to Area 51. It is also close to nuclear testing grounds. Has anyone official said anything about Area 51? No, but apparently, part of the film takes place at Nellis Air Force Base. Why they would go to the trouble to copy it so precisely, if in the movie it's a fictional base, I don't know.

Why doesn't anybody beleive that the Air Force base is in Morocco, since the production has stated that Deming was a stand in for Morocco? There is ample historical evidence to back it up

commontone

My impression when I read the articles months ago was that they built a set to look like a Moroccan city/town outside of Deming. And, they also used the desert to create an Air Force base, presumably one in the American Southwest, if not Nellis AFB per se.

Maybe the "Mexican Street" set is meant to be a village in Morocco, and they used the New Mexico landscape only as a stand-in for Moroccan landscape... we seem to know relatively little about the Deming period of filming compared to New Haven, Hawaii and LA. It's hard to make a judgment.