Hasbro IJ Figure Stands

"Bellosh"

Last week it dawned on me that there had been no talk, mention or rumor of an Indiana Jones collectors case to store all (or most) of the 3 and 3/4 figures. THIS WEEK it occured to me that as my number of such figures is growing (like many of yours) that I've arrived at the point of feeling like I should utilize figure stands if I'm going to continue creating displays with all of them. I wonder if Hasbro has any plans for special IJ figure stands like what they have done for Star Wars and G. I. Joe???? How cool would BROWN stands be with figure names stretched across the front of the base like the patented Indiana Jones mark??? Once I thought of this it seemed to be a no brainer. I would by an assortment of 30-40 for $10-$15 in a generic bulk pack...perhaps hte 2009's could be packaged with them...though if asked to pick between stands and relics I'd likely elect to stick with the relics, so I'm not knocking the current arrangement! :)

vf wing

I don't think i'd trade stands for relics either, but one nice aside is that Star Wars and Joe stands do indeed work for Indy figs. You just gotta turn 'em around so the names don't show!! I strongly suspect they could be painted or dyed brown as well...

Goonie

vf wing said:
I don't think i'd trade stands for relics either, but one nice aside is that Star Wars and Joe stands do indeed work for Indy figs. You just gotta turn 'em around so the names don't show!! I strongly suspect they could be painted or dyed brown as well...

If only Hasbro didn't mess-up the foot-peg holes. Some aren't that deep. I guess that could be fixed with a Dremel.

UIMJ

Awesome idea. I needed some display assistance myself, so I bought a couple clear acrylic display stands. They are sort of universal though, so I had to cut the nubs down with nail clippers to accommodate figs. I picked these up on eBay, 6 at a time with a pretty cheap BIN if anyone is interested in searching. I coded the direct link in for everyone's convenience.

KOTCS
KOTCS.jpg

Vintage
Vintage.jpg

Raiders
Raiders.jpg

Billy Ray

Bellosh said:
Last week it dawned on me that there had been no talk, mention or rumor of an Indiana Jones collectors case to store all (or most) of the 3 and 3/4 figures. THIS WEEK it occured to me that as my number of such figures is growing (like many of yours) that I've arrived at the point of feeling like I should utilize figure stands if I'm going to continue creating displays with all of them. I wonder if Hasbro has any plans for special IJ figure stands like what they have done for Star Wars and G. I. Joe???? How cool would BROWN stands be with figure names stretched across the front of the base like the patented Indiana Jones mark??? Once I thought of this it seemed to be a no brainer. I would by an assortment of 30-40 for $10-$15 in a generic bulk pack...perhaps hte 2009's could be packaged with them...though if asked to pick between stands and relics I'd likely elect to stick with the relics, so I'm not knocking the current arrangement! :)

According to last weeks Hasbro Q&A, looks like your wish will come true:

ActionFigs.com: What are the chances of getting stands or bases for the Indiana Jones figures, maybe as HasbroToyShop exclusives? Some of the figures (seems most notably the ones from KOTCS) have a hard time standing on their own without a lot of futzing.

Hasbro: Stands will be produced and included for all of the new 2009 IJ figures. We will look for a way to make additional stands available to fans if we can.

Personally, I would have rather had them continue with the hidden relics but I guess they would eventually run out of ideas for those. I'd much rather have stands I guess, than relics like the arrowhead :rolleyes: My only concern is, much like when they started doing stands for the SW figures, what about stands for the figures we already have? I refuse to buy repacks of the figures I already have if they go that route and re-release them with stands. hopefully they will do something like they did with SW and offer the stand packs with stickers. With all that said, I really don't have too much problem with my figures standing anyway.

UIMJ

KMcCallister said:
Great stands, where did you get them?

Thanks! If you go to the post with the images, as noted I coded a direct link to where I bought those stands from. :whip:

vf wing

Great displays! Having the classics alongside the latest offerings really underscores how far the figures have come in terms of sculpting and poseability.

I, too, would much prefer to see them continue with boxes and relics. Those pack-ins have been motivating me to buy certain figures and have ultimately turned me into something of a completist, as i now have everything but the jeep. I wish we could somehow get a whole slew of Terracotta Warriors and Horses. And those boxes-- specifically large numbers of them-- are so iconic to the saga as a whole that i would definitely support their continued production ad infinitum. Stands will be well-received by others though, so cool for them i guess!

Uki

For those of us who are/were Star Wars collectors, here's an idea: Some of the figures form the OTC and the ROTS sets came with bases depicting bits of planetary terain. I have often thaought that the stands representing Felucia and Dagobah might look rather spiffy with Indy Figures. Might be worth a gander on eBay. I'd bet you could get soem on the cheap-o.:D