Best Sidekick

who was the best sidekick

• Total voters

Coronado

"I said no camels - that's five camels. Can't you count?"

Every sidekick should be both useful and comedic, preferably at the same time - and that's why Sallah (IMO) wins hands down.

-Coronado

Crack that whip

I don't think I'd count either family (Henry Sr., Mutt), since they're a bit more than sidekicks, or traitors (Satipo, Mac), since they're perhaps a bit less. :p

Given that, I think I'd go with Remy, the one in my current avatar, but limiting it to the movies, I think... ;) oh, it's tough to choose between Sallah, Shorty and Marcus, but I'm going to go ahead and say Sallah. :)

(What, no love for Jock? :p )

Indy Byrd

I voted for Short Round (but named my German Shepard Sallah...go fig), cause I thought Shortie was like Indy's little guardian angel. He did get him back from the Evil of Kali, save him from the shootout in the beginning and set up the flight out of Shanghai, and got his whip, hat and bag back from the Thugee, and not to mention beat the s#@* out of the Mahahraga and got the knife out of the voodoo doll!!!:D

Mrs_Fedora

I voted for Sallah. Too bad that you can just choose one sidekick, cos i always liked Marcus and Henry Jones Sr. also. And Mutt was kinda cool, and Shorty was not too bad, and.... oh da**! i can't choose....

Maybe we can choose a favourite sidekick per movie? ;)

Agent Z

Indy Byrd said:
I voted for Short Round (but named my German Shepard Sallah...go fig), cause I thought Shortie was like Indy's little guardian angel. He did get him back from the Evil of Kali, save him from the shootout in the beginning and set up the flight out of Shanghai, and got his whip, hat and bag back from the Thugee, and not to mention beat the s#@* out of the Mahahraga and got the knife out of the voodoo doll!!!:D

Seriously, Short Round basically saved EVERYONE in TOD. (y)

sarah navarro

Jones sr.:D

Sapito? Serioulsy i dont know is it SaTipo or SaPito.This might turn into the Stupido or Saptio arguement :p I thought it was SaTipo.

The best one was Sallah to me. With Henry Jones Senior possibly holding the second place... and "Mac" McHale being a very close third. That would be my podium.

Sallah is the essence of the sidekick itself. He is the best friend to Indy, and his greatest fellow adventurer. He is so human, so fallible. He is indeed the deepest sidekick character of the entire franchise. Not to mention he is also a really funny character to watch.

Henry Senior is legend, I know. There's no need to add any other words.

Then Mac... he was probably one of the very few redeeming things featured in the new film. After seeing the trailer I was expecting him to be some kind of coward "ball and chain" for Indy to carry on. Instead I was pleasantly surprised when I saw him so self-confident and courageous. Even when he was threatened to death by a legion of russian soldiers with machineguns, he was still inclined to his sarcastic british humour!!
And I loved Mac's empathy with Indy during the jungle chase. The way they temporary forget their rivalry and begin to fight together, and they kick ***es!!! One of the best moments in the film!! (y) And what about the grand-finale, with Mac sacrificing to let Indy escape? He is a loyal good guy, after all... and he is ready to face his responsibilities when he realizes his many mistakes.
No contest, Mac is GREAT!!!!! :gun:
Shame they decided to put Mutt in the movie so that there wasn't enough space left for him... :( :(

HovitosKing

Wu Han. Because he died early on. Indy doesn't need a sidekick, and the best Indy sidekick is the one who isn't there long.