Indiana Jones and the Staff of Moses

jase

Staff Of Moses Comic Ideas from artist! "Jase"

Hi, its Jase :D I am drawing the Staff Of Moses comic at the moment, as you already know and just a request for anybodies ideas....
I'm now thinking about the finale of the Staff of Moses comic and am thinking how Indy should look- now I have a few ideas but I'm wanting to draw Indy in a particular unique way-
for example TOD had Indy in shirt with one sleeve
LC had Indy with black tie and jacket, both are easily recognisable for which film they're from- I'm just trying to think of a look for Staff of Moses thats unique but still obviously immediately Indy. I know theres only so much you can do with a leather jacket and shirt- but just wondered if any body had any ideas? guys?

:D

HovitosKing

Indy wears glasses when he needs to look especially spiffy (academic). I'd like to see Indy wearing glasses while in his gear, if for only a few moments. That'd be cool.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I saw a bit of Indy wearing a vest underneath the jacket in DH's Fate of Atlantis comics. I thought it looked pretty cool. Btw, I know I've said this before, I would just like to say it again. I'M LOVING THE COMIC!!!!!(y) You're doing an awesome job on the comic art. And funnily enough, the latest part came out in time for my birthday so thank you!

Dr.Sartorius

I think Indy losing his hat in the story's finale would be interesting. We usually never see him in an action scene without the hat (fighting the thuggee in Pankot Palace, jumping onto the Nazi sub, and the Venice boat chase are the major exceptions). It would also be cool if he finds the hat unexpectedly right before the story ends kinda like in Last Crusade after the tank chase.

jase

Thanks for all your comments guys, I am building an image up but more comments would be helpful:)

Methos

HovitosKing said:
Indy wears glasses when he needs to look especially spiffy (academic). I'd like to see Indy wearing glasses while in his gear, if for only a few moments. That'd be cool.

I second Hovitos!!:D Being a glasses wearin' kinda guy myself, I'm keen on seeing Indy in his specs, when in his traditional garb, more often. Besides, come Memorial Day '08, it'll give me an excuse for my specs (which I've gotta wear or I won't be able to see beyond five feet in front of me), whilst wearing Indy gear. I'll just tell folks that I'm 'Staff of Moses' Indy!:D

Mutt

Hello,

Sorry for my english but I'm french and I confess, It is difficult for me to speak English. I love your work on "Indiana Jones and the staff of moses" comic. It's great !

And, I have juste one question :

Are you going to continue ? Are we going to have the end of chapter 3 ? (especially Chapter 4 and the end of this wonderful story) ?

I certainly hope so.

In any case,

thanks again for everything...:whip:

jase

Hello Mutt,
Thanks for your praise of the comic strip, and yes the final part or chapter 3 is completed and Gilles has it, and will be posting it soon. I have already completed the final cover and am working on the first part of chapter4. I'm trying to do the best work I can. I'm concious more and more people will be checking out theraider.net as release of the movie nears.
Anyway thanks again-glad you like the comic so far.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Don't be too conscious, Jase. Your work is fantastic.(y) I didn't study art for five years in high school and know a good Indy story when I see one for nothing. ;)

Mutt

Cool ! Thanks for the information !

Mainly take your time, It's already super what you do. :) The work is so successful, that looks like a professional comic. For me, It's the same level as the Dark Horse Comics ! (Even if it's in black and white)

Thank you once again for this gift...Good luck ;)

Mike Dowswell

I just read the whole thing for the first time. Extremely good stuff...I was sitting here imagining how this would work as a film and I think there?s a lot of this would work very well...you?ve captured the spirit of the films I think. The action scenes are spot on and the drawing work is five star.

hemble

Just finsished reading the 3 chapters and totally enjoyed it the story and art work was awesome (y) (y)

Ron

jase

Thanks glad you like the episode, I added the fight scene into this part and tried to make it a little like the Raiders Cairo fight - in the way that Indy moves. I've nearly finished the next part and so far am pretty happy with it, and the next cover also. But after just seeing Hugh Flemings new KOTCS cover I feel a little inadequate.

MattJones

I never was much of a Indiana Jones comic fan, but I did pick up the Omnibus the other day. I was astounded with the atrocity that was the artwork. Sure, the general artwork was good, but Indy didn't LOOK like Harrison Ford. Not one bit...

After reading through the Omnibus, I decide to give Staff of Moses another look. I couldn't believe my eyes... I was looking at FANWORK that was much better than the actual thing! Indy looked like Indy. Henry LOOKED like Henry. It was awesome!

What I'm trying to say is: what an amazing job done in this graphic novel and keep up the great work.

jase

Yes mate I'm still working on it, the last episode came and went without any comments. But I am still working on it, theres only 3 more parts untill its completed, I'm definately going to finish it-I hope everyone is still enjoying it