Indys bag

indyclone25

it really is a nice bag! it is made very sturdy and looks very much like indys bag even down to the little peices of thread i think was used to tie down the gas masks tubes , but i could be wrong :D , just make sure that you order it with the strap it a good price for $49.95

Montana Smith

indyclone25 said:
it really is a nice bag! it is made very sturdy and looks very much like indys bag even down to the little peices of thread i think was used to tie down the gas masks tubes , but i could be wrong :D

I wondered what those cords were for. I have a 1/6 scale gasmask bag that came with the Dragon in Dreams John Colman 1940 BEF figure. It's extremely well detailed, but I don't know what Mark of bag it's copied from. It has a little pouch on one end into which the cords fit, and inside it's divided into two sections by a strip of cloth. As with most DiD pieces it's a little work of art.

I stuffed it full of guidebooks (to de-flatten it) it held 5 guidebooks and 2 smaller phrase books, I still have room for maps, too.
Can I get extra chicago screws at a hardware store or are they something special? They look like the screws used to bound documents.

indyclone25

there is a place somehwere in the threads were you can order extra screws i did and ordered 10 so i have extra screws because when i went on vacation last year to florida i was on the star tours ride and the screww loosen ed up and i lost it on the ride , so i made sure now that before i go out with my bag i make sure the screw is as tight as can be-------------------and if you need to have it replaced todds will send you and extra one if you need it cause i sent him a note when i lost mine and he sent it and then i found the site to order the screws from , i'll search around here or on cow to see if the chicago screws site is there .

Indy Byrd

indyclone25 said:
yep thats where i got mine from !!!! get them just in case you happen to lose the one that comes with todds bag and strap , you know , just to be on the safe side :)

I got me a few extra screws from my local tack shop... .15 cents apiece. Can't really beat that!

Anyone else customize their Todds bag? I cut the divider out in the middle. 1 big middle pocket is more useful than 2 half the size. Actually I cut one side of it. If knew how to stitch it together i'd fold that flap to the back to hold pens. I'll probably trim the strings off, there is the small loop one near the bottom & the ones in the tiny pocket. What are they for? I thought I read the interior ones were meant to secure the gas mask tubing & the outer one was for a leg strap.

Dr. Wolfwood

ddschneider1972 said:
What are they for? I thought I read the interior ones were meant to secure the gas mask tubing & the outer one was for a leg strap.
They are for securing the bag like this:

Corporal_2C_East_Surrey_Regiment_1940

first-world-war-002.jpg