Indiana Jones The Complete Adventures (Limited Edition Collector's Set)

IndyCam

Indiana Jones The Complete Adventures (Limited Edition Collector's Set)
Does anyone have any information about this box set. I have seen the Amazon UK link. Can this be played Region 1?

I would really like to get this set.

thank you

Indy Geek

Now what I wonder is the Grail Diary (that so many times I try to create, and so many times I mail Holt and Magnoli asking for tips (btw THANKS GUYS!(y) ))!

How it will be presented? I usually see them aged and handmade and handwritten, and now will be present a computer printed sheets. Don´t know, just thinking out loud here...

Will it be hero version or movie replica? will it be the same page order according to screen accuracy?

Lance Quazar

goodeknight said:
Yep -- all regions....

That just means there's no region coding.

However, there are technical differences between UK and and US players.

Only a small handful of US players are equipped to play UK blu rays.

Trust me. I found out the hard way.

I'd research the matter before committing to buy....

punkjumpu

I love the boxed set deals that Amazon.UK has every now and then. I got the Alien trilogy for only $18 and my player (older model) played them just fine.

I did notice that it took twice as long to do the initial load which may have something to do with PAL/NTSC stuff. I cancelled my US order for the regular set and preordered the hell out of this one. I'll have to wait an extra month but that is okay in my book. The extra $20 spent is fine by me.

Henry W Jones

I decided to give it a go. Hopefully it will play on my PS3. Region free should technically play on all region players from the research I've done.

caats

I'm debating buying this. AGAAAHHH

I think what Lance is referring to is that buying TV blu-rays from the UK is a bad idea because they're in 50hz instead of 1080i or something. From what I've read anyway. But that refers to TV shows, not movies.

anyone else pick it up?

JediJones

Those bonuses are awesome. I can't believe they don't make a U.S. version of this. What the heck is up with so many Blu-Ray exclusives only being sold in Europe? One review on this states that footage might be cut from the heart-ripping scene in Temple of Doom on the U.K. set. I'd definitely try to look into that further since they have different censorship laws about violence.

Montana Smith

JediJones said:
One review on this states that footage might be cut from the heart-ripping scene in Temple of Doom on the U.K. set. I'd definitely try to look into that further since they have different censorship laws about violence.

As quoted in other threads:

...for the first time ever on Blu-ray, Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom is presented in its uncut format 28 years after it was first released in cinemas. The original release was cut in 1984 in the UK to obtain a PG rating, however fans can now witness all the gory cut extras in all their glory.

http://www.indianajones.com/intl/uk/

Last edited:

IrishJedi

Lance Quazar said:
That just means there's no region coding.

However, there are technical differences between UK and and US players.

Only a small handful of US players are equipped to play UK blu rays.

Trust me. I found out the hard way.

I'd research the matter before committing to buy....

PS3's will play them.

sabacc

I've had mine ordered for a few weeks now. That AmazonUK video of the extras is what sold me. I actually have an unopened copy of the US edition from a pre-order that I forgot to cancel. It'll likely be given as a gift unless I have some sort of problem with the UK edition. It's pretty tough to have it just sitting there, not entertaining me. Fortunately, a couple of Raiders screenings in theaters in the last two weeks have helped tide me over till the October release.

It's hard to believe that neither version has everything from 2008's KotCS Blu-ray. And like the Star Wars Saga, Lucasfilm seems to like making DVD and Blu-ray editions that mutually leave off some of the other format's features.

Goodeknight

Collector's set PRICE DROP!!

Okay I just pre-ordered the limited edition collector's set from Amazon.uk.

FYI, the list price is 59.99 pounds sterling. But when I actually checked out, it came up at 49.99 pounds. BAM!!! I was worried about shipping, but it was only 3.08. So 53.07 total ($86). That's great news to me, because I was thinking I'd come in closer to $110 with int'l shipping.

Incidentally, when I ordered, Amazon.uk suggested I might also like their forthcoming Blade Runner collector's edition box set.

Behold....
918Wr78ryUL._AA1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B008PEHP8S/ref=pe_thx_sims_1
Only 28 pounds.

Stoo

goodeknight said:
Available for preorder here (ship date Oct. 8):
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Indiana-Complete-Adventures-Limited-Collectors/dp/B0089TGJ18/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347280268&sr=8-1

Oddly, it wasn't listed as available anymore about a week ago. Now it's back. Perhaps it's not as limited of an edition as we thought.

Get it while you can.
I've been trying to find out the number of editions the UK set is limited to but can't find any information. Does anyone know how many?:confused:

Crack that whip

And even more importantly (well, for some of us, anyway :p ), will there eventually be a North American release of the collector's edition?

Henry W Jones

So I received my copy last week and I have put in all discs and started the films. All work on my US PS3. Also tried bonus material. Works fine. I framed all the extras except the journal and the matchbox. Found a floating frame for the film cell so both side can be viewed. Overall fairly happy with the set. I just wish OT had the lithographs so I didn't have to buy two sets. You got me again Lucas!!!!!