TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Gear and Props
User Name
Password

Old 07-17-2003, 04:36 PM   #1
Patrick
IndyFan

Hi!I was wondering what a good starting size for whips and a good price. Is $80 the lowest price for a good whip

thanks
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 06:32 PM   #2
indyfan1202
IndyFan

You can get a 12 ft bullwhip for $25.00+S&H off of ebay from a certain seller, I won't give out his ID, but if you search on ebay for retail samplers, you'll find good prices.
indyfan1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 06:35 PM   #3
indyfan1202
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick
I was wondering what a good starting size for whips

thanks

My opinion for a starter size is 8 ft, but it only took me 2 tries to pop a 12 ft when I was 12-years-old. It depends on how good you think you can do it yourself.
indyfan1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 08:20 PM   #4
IndyA
IndyFan

20$ whips on ebay are a peice of junk, the core is uasualy a cheap straw or reed and has no belly or bolster, and a bad core will not be a good whip because it can easily break up.The best starter whips are from East Coast Whi(jim markell) or a nice cowhide bullwhip from lee keppler
(adventure supply) . Jim Has a good 8 plait indy meaning 8 strand roo hide bullwhip which is cheaper then his 12 plait because 8 is not as hard to do as a 12 and there fore is cheaper, it costs 140$ for a 8 footer which is very good. But the cheapest bullwhip to get if your on a budget and want it to last you through the learning stage of whipcracking (only thing its not quite like a indy cause its....well a black indy!)then go with lee kepplers whip which i have heard is nice and is only 90$ for a 8 footer. Lees whip may take up to a few months to, get to you because he travles the country stoping at gun shows and is always very busy. And on the other hand jims whip is roo (lees is cow which is cheaper) and its more expensive but he can make one to order for you in about 5 weeks, and lees is made from some place in texas.(but its still a great whip) Here are bolth of the links.
http://www.adventure-supply.com/whips.htm
http://www.geocities.com/ecwhips/
but keep in mind theres still a lot of places out there
to look that have great whips for maybe even cheaper.
Look at my site....i have done lots of work rounding up as many whip liks as i could find.
http://omarswhipbazaar.150m.com
Kindest Regards
IndyA

[Edited by IndyA on 08-31-2003 at 09:24 pm]
IndyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 07:19 AM   #5
Patrick
IndyFan

Hey thanks for the whip links ( It's my word now! ). Now I'll have to save a little bit more money and try and get my parents to let me buy one off the net. How does that work? Honestly I've never done it before. You have to type your bank card number out write? Hey... I'm going to get a bank account...so... I might get to buy one in a month. Is it really fun? I'm hoping it will be.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 09:20 PM   #6
IndyA
IndyFan

Indy ...

Well,
Yes Cracking is in my opinion very fun and its a great
way to exercise. But you have to remember that when the
whip cracks it is breaking the speed of sound and that
can hurt quite a bit. When cracking you should always
wear safety gear. Glasses, Long Sleeved shirt, pants, gloves,
and a brimmed hat to repel the whip from hitting your head.
All of this stuff is needed to protect yourself from getting hurt or cut.(which has never really happened to me)
but you always have to be cautious. I recommend you go
out and buy your self a whip cracking video so you have an idea of what you are trying to do. And make sure that you put leather dressing on your whip about 2 times a month depending how much you use it and put it on the fall regularly (easiest to get is pecards and leather dressing and if the whipmaker you buy the whip from, if they happen to sell any that should also be good). The cheapest way if you have never bought over the web before would be to send a check to the person through the mail, which is not expensive at all. Online payment methods often charge transaction fees.
Thanks and good luck!
IndyA
Old 08-28-2003, 02:57 PM   #7
chriscc
IndyFan

anyone

Does anyone know a good website to buy the indy whip for not to much money!
chriscc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 03:22 PM   #8
00Kevin
Indyfan

my mom bought me an indy bull whip replica that was from disneyworld. she got it on ebay for under $20
00Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 07:43 PM   #9
chriscc
IndyFan

the real indiana jones bullwhip

Doe's anyone know a good website to buy the real kangaroo skin indiana jones bullwhip or one like it for $150-$250 thanks chriscc
Old 08-31-2003, 09:23 PM   #10
IndyA
IndyFan

Indy ...

if you are really intrested in collecting gear you should go over to the http://www.indygear.com forum because you will get much better info there. The link on my other post did not work i guess. So here is the link
http://www.geocities.com/ecwhips/
jim markell makes great indy whips....and they are roo hide
I highly reccomed him like i stated BEFORE! dont you people look around on the NET AT ALL!
IndyA
Old 09-14-2003, 10:08 AM   #11
chriscc
IndyFan

thanks for the links
Old 09-15-2003, 08:41 PM   #12
IndyA
IndyFan

no problem.....sorry i got so harsh on you sorry!
good luck with the whips...
Mola of Cow
Old 10-12-2003, 04:42 PM   #13
Indy_(heheheh)
IndyFan

Question

how the h*** do u crack a whip without getting cut at least once (rubs his chin)