TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > General Indiana Jones Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 10-09-2009, 04:05 AM   #426
indycast
IndyFan

Hello Indy fans!

the Podcast Awards are here again, so if you like the IndyCast, why not show your support and vote for the show!

We are vying for 2 categories - Best Produced and Movies/Films.

Just visit http://podcastawards.com and put the IndyCast in those categories with the show's url - http://www.forcecast.net

Thanks!

If Adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast!
indycast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:06 PM   #427
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

already cast my vote .. I think theRaider.net needs to post this as news!!!
RaiderMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:16 PM   #428
indycast
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchellhallock

Thanks Mitch - I'd appreciate that!
Old 10-09-2009, 07:37 PM   #429
lao che & sons
IndyFan

I voted for the only podcast I listen to...

Battle Star Galactica Forum!

no but seriously I voted for IndyCast in both categories. Hope you all win it

Can't wait for Monday.
lao che & sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:39 PM   #430
lao che & sons
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVoss
Like I said, I'm still waiting for a Short Round contest!!!

"Hey lady, you call him DR. JONES!!!"

Oh yeah that's a great one!

"Wow! Holy Smokes! Craah Landing " "Okie Doke Dr. Jones, Hold onto your potatoes!"
lao che & sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #431
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
It would be a shame to win and The Raven only shows up for the after party...
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:27 AM   #432
throwmetheidol
IndyFan

Voted -- and posted as a story over at throwmetheidol.com

Good luck Ed!

Les
throwmetheidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:15 AM   #433
indycast
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwmetheidol
Voted -- and posted as a story over at throwmetheidol.com

Good luck Ed!

Les

Thanks Les, look forward to catching up next week!
Old 10-12-2009, 03:05 AM   #434
indycast
IndyFan

I'm back from Hawaii with a great interview with Assistant Sound Editor on the Young Indy Chronicles, Laird Malamed. We also have Sideshow news, look at the latest Indy novel, plus new reviews, opinions, trivia and a stack of your emails! It's a blockbuster edition of the show, so if adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast!

Check out the episode here!
Old 10-12-2009, 12:05 PM   #435
TheIndyOpinion
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycast
I'm back from Hawaii with a great interview with Assistant Sound Editor on the Young Indy Chronicles, Laird Malamed. We also have Sideshow news, look at the latest Indy novel, plus new reviews, opinions, trivia and a stack of your emails! It's a blockbuster edition of the show, so if adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast!

Check out the episode here!

Wow, what a great show this week! Nice interview, Ed! It is so good to have a new episode to listen to.
TheIndyOpinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:06 PM   #436
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by robisindy
Wow, what a great show this week! Nice interview, Ed! It is so good to have a new episode to listen to.

2 hrs! Great interview...looking forward to Area 51!
(what's with the Star Wars commercial? are they hard up for listeners?)
Old 10-13-2009, 05:37 PM   #437
indycast
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
2 hrs! Great interview...looking forward to Area 51!
(what's with the Star Wars commercial? are they hard up for listeners?)

Well the did mention the IndyCast in there and it is where our show notes live, and as Laird said, we feel like one big family so we may as well help out our poorer step cousin!

And glad you enjoyed the show!
Old 10-19-2009, 03:39 AM   #438
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast Episode 83 is here!

This week we have some news of Indy at Disneyland, find out some new offerings from Official Pix, listen to a Young Indy themed Top Ten plus Les David returns in the first edition of the collectibles segment Area 51. If adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast!

Check out the episode at here!
Old 10-19-2009, 12:16 PM   #439
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
IndyCast Episode 83 is here!

This week we have some news of Indy at Disneyland, find out some new offerings from Official Pix, listen to a Young Indy themed Top Ten plus Les David returns in the first edition of the collectibles segment Area 51. If adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast!

Check out the episode at here!

Love the Lance Le Gault, (Colonel Buck Greene on Magnum PI) voice over the Young Indy promo!

Thanks again Ed
Old 10-19-2009, 01:56 PM   #440
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
I'm back from Hawaii with a great interview with Assistant Sound Editor on the Young Indy Chronicles, Laird Malamed.
I just listened to chunks of #81-83 and wanted to add my 2 cents.

1) LOVED the Laird Malamed interview! Kicking myself right now because Rocket gave me a heads-up on it a few weeks ago and I never sent in my questions (and listening to his segment only raises more)! What a missed opportunity. He mentioned listening to playback of the audio on a regular TV and that most sets back then had 3" to 4" speakers but my brother had connected our TV to our home stereo system and 4 huge speakers placed around the room. I'd watch Young Indy with the lights dimmed and the volume cranked REALLY LOUD! It was one of the earliest series to be broadcast in stereo so during the battle scenes in the "Verdun" episode, bullets were firing/ricocheting from every corner of the room and almost made me want to dive under the coffee table!

If Laird is reading this, thanks to him, the sound editing team and the mixers for a truly immersive & memorable experience.

2) Being a sucker for anything related to deleted scenes, I enjoyed Mitch's top 10 and liked that fact that Old Indy was his #2! (Mitch, you mentioned doing a search for Old Indy on YouTube to find a series of the bookends but there was no nod to StooTV!) Re: the periscope scene. There is even more to say about this missing bit. Enough to make it an interesting piece for the Indy Cast.

3) This week's trivia question will be a toughie for the younger fans but I already gave Pat my answer. Lonseome Drifter should be able to get it, too.

4) Enjoyed the interview with Les and the top 10 Young Indy list from Junior Jones. I know this is an "Indy" show but the more Young Indy content, the more I'll tune in. Thanks, Ed.
Quote:
Love the Lance Le Gault, (Colonel Buck Greene on Magnum PI) voice over the Young Indy promo!
Is that him? The coolest thing about that promo is that Remy's voice is NOT Ronny Coutteure's. (BTW, I loved your Sol Rosenberg audio snippet!)
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:29 PM   #441
indycast
IndyFan

Quote:

Thanks again Ed

Weird - I just watched that episode! (Still trying to relive our Hawaiian holiday!)
Old 10-19-2009, 08:07 PM   #442
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo

2) Being a sucker for anything related to deleted scenes, I enjoyed Mitch's top 10 and liked that fact that Old Indy was his #2! (Mitch, you mentioned doing a search for Old Indy on YouTube to find a series of the bookends but there was no nod to StooTV!) Re: the periscope scene. There is even more to say about this missing bit. Enough to make it an interesting piece for the Indy Cast.

Stoo TV is great.. but I still have them all on my old VHS copies with Old Indy from when I taped them back in the 1990s... STOO TV did let me see the George Hall "mystery of the Blues" book end s which was cool.. especially now that my 9 year old son is taking sax lessons..

he might ne the next Clarence Clemons.. speaking of which.. Pat you still owe my a Bruce item for payment for the Marshall College tour.. just hinting!

This week I am reviewing my new Sideshow Indy - old version and reflect on my adventure at Big Apple Comic Con in another Raiders Rant!
RaiderMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:25 PM   #443
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
he might ne the next Clarence Clemons.. speaking of which.. Pat you still owe my a Bruce item for payment for the Marshall College tour.. just hinting!

I apologize unreservedly!

Actually I responded to you an another post that I had recently found it and I'm having it duplicated! Not much longer to wait!
Old 10-26-2009, 08:16 AM   #444
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast Episode 85 is here!

In this listener driven episode we hear of the new Indy animatronic at Disneyland, get a review of the Army of the Dead with Brother D of Mail Order Zombie, have another Raider's Rant and review from Mitch plus we hear from Young Indy sound Editor with his Top 10 plus LEGO Indy 2 news, trivia and lots more! If adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast!

Check out the episode here at the ForceCast.net.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:14 AM   #445
indycast
IndyFan

Another week, another episode of the IndyCast!

In this episode, Harrison gets to thank his fans with a Scream, we look at the first in a series of segments showcasing the vintage Making of Raiders special, review some of Indy's literary adventures, plus hear from you in the mailbag and lots more. If adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast!

Listen to it here!

Plus we'll be taking a week off next week, but we'll be back in a fortnight with our 2 year anniversary show plus a stack of prizes!
Old 11-02-2009, 09:47 AM   #446
indyclone25
IndyFan

i loved this episode --- i have the vhs version of the making of raiders and the great movies stunts i was able to burn them onto a dvd and it came out pretty nice , i do believe i made a few copies for a few raveners , but since then my vhs player of my recorder and dvd player broke so i will have to buy another vhs player and plug it into an the input 2 and record some more of those to give out .
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:16 PM   #447
indycast
IndyFan

Hey guys,

just a reminder there will be no IndyCast this week but we'll be back on November 16th with a special 2 year anniversary edittion of the show.

We should have some fun prizes as well so stay tuned!
Old 11-09-2009, 02:45 AM   #448
DoomTown
IndyFan

Location: The Atomic Cafe,on a highway somewhere in Nevada...
Quote:
Hey guys,

just a reminder there will be no IndyCast this week but we'll be back on November 16th with a special 2 year anniversary edittion of the show.

We should have some fun prizes as well so stay tuned!

1 more week!!!! *sigh*
DoomTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:37 AM   #449
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast Episode 87 - 2nd Birthday edition!

It's our 2nd birthday and YOU get the prizes! We look back at the past two years of the show, talk to a special guest in Club Obi Wan, look at part two in our vintage Making of special, review Sideshow's latest offering, have an encounter with High Adventure plus lots more. And did I mention you can win prizes? If adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast!

Listen to the episode here: http://www.forcecast.net/story/home/..._87_127684.asp
Old 11-17-2009, 07:37 AM   #450
DoomTown
IndyFan

Location: The Atomic Cafe,on a highway somewhere in Nevada...
Quote:
IndyCast Episode 87 - 2nd Birthday edition!

It's our 2nd birthday and YOU get the prizes! We look back at the past two years of the show, talk to a special guest in Club Obi Wan, look at part two in our vintage Making of special, review Sideshow's latest offering, have an encounter with High Adventure plus lots more. And did I mention you can win prizes? If adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast!

Listen to the episode here: http://www.forcecast.net/story/home/..._87_127684.asp

I think as a special birthday gift, being that your soooo close to getting your first avatar, they should make a special Indy-cast themed one, JUST for you!!! Anybody with me on this???
DoomTown is offline   Reply With Quote