TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > General Indiana Jones Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 08-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #1426
Dr.Jonesy
IndyFan

I really appreciate your show, guys! It's very well done. It's great to flip on and listen to when I'm cleaning or what have you.

The part around 40:00 was spot on. I've been saying that for years and so have alot of fans; it's "a very small group of voices of naysayers that make a big stink about things." Bingo, hence why to this day I usually just look at polls and ratings for a film quality consensus rather than forums/comments. In facebook comments/forums/comment boxes, few have little nice to say. Also nicely put about the Colorado Massacre. It was so unfortunate.

RIP to all affected.
Dr.Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:40 AM   #1427
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 150 is here!

For our 150th episode we talk Indy and Imax, we catch up with Mitch and Laird, chat to Throw me the Idol's Les David, have more blu-ray release news, talk Indy at Disney and have a bumper edition of the mail segment!

Listen to the episode here!
indycast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:42 AM   #1428
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 151 is here!

This episode we review Indy on blu-ray and Imax, have a new Indy Top 10 with Laird, give you the chance to win a piece of Disney history, have a bumper edition of the mail segment and lots more!

Old 10-01-2012, 01:36 AM   #1429
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: Episode 152 is here!

This episode Karen Allen talks Indy 5, Mitch returns with a Raiders rant, artist Dan Reed joins the Further Adventures of Indiana Jones team plus we have a signed copy of Poster Art of the Disney parks to give away plus more of your great emails!

Listen to the episode here.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:27 AM   #1430
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast Episode 153 is here! This week we review the deluxe Indy Blu-Ray set, have details of the Indy exhibit, Official IndyCast correspondent Mitch Hallock is back, have another chance to win a piece of Disney history, have more Marvel goodness with Joe and Keith and a stack of your great emails!

Old 10-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #1431
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycast
have details of the Indy exhibit,
With all due respect to everyone involved, it's been months since I've listened to the IndyCast but I tuned in to this one because of the promise of Indy Exhibit conversation. I must say that I was disappointed at the minimal discussion in this regard (only because the blurb advertised it as such.)

It makes me wish I'd done a segment regarding the exhibit while it premiered in Montreal last year. I made a recording of Harrison Ford's intro. Would this be something the IndyCast would like to air?

@Steve from Calgary
The IMAX presentation did play in Canada. It was in CINEPLEX theatres. You must have missed it.
MORE IMPORTANTLY: The National Geographic "Adventure of Archaeology Indiana Jones Exhibit" was CREATED & STARTED in Montreal, Canada!

National Geographic Adventure of Archaeology Exhibition

---
THE FURTHER ADVENTURES
@Joe & Keith:
Joe, you're still using some "Price is Right" music! The "Further Adventures" segment with yourself & Keith was GREAT! I liked it a lot. DON'T STOP!!!
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #1432
indycast
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
With all due respect to everyone involved, it's been months since I've listened to the IndyCast but I tuned in to this one because of the promise of Indy Exhibit conversation. I must say that I was disappointed at the minimal discussion in this regard (only because the blurb advertised it as such.)

It makes me wish I'd done a segment regarding the exhibit while it premiered in Montreal last year. I made a recording of Harrison Ford's intro. Would this be something the IndyCast would like to air?

Hey Stoo, sorry if we coerced you into listening!

I was waiting up to the last minute for some coverage from a listener who was there the opening night and was graciously going to interview the curator but it just got too hectic. He is going back to interview him so we should have the interview on the next show.

I only found out just before I was to publish and forgot to alter the blurb.

And yes, we would love to air it so please send it in!
Old 10-15-2012, 10:13 PM   #1433
throwmetheidol
IndyFan

Or of course you could use the interview we did for broadcast on The IndyCast (and another podcast) since I was at ground zero on Thursday the 11th

Michael and I heavily photographed everything, recorded the opening ceremonies in HD and interviewed one of the organizers.

Interested Ed?

les
throwmetheidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:10 AM   #1434
DoomTown
IndyFan

Location: The Atomic Cafe,on a highway somewhere in Nevada...
Quote:
---
THE FURTHER ADVENTURES
@Joe & Keith:
Joe, you're still using some "Price is Right" music! The "Further Adventures" segment with yourself & Keith was GREAT! I liked it a lot. DON'T STOP!!!

Thanks Stoo! We are really having fun talking to the creators, and just discussing the book and all things Indy! Next episode, Joe and I will have another very special guest in the newly opened "Ravens Nest" , and we'll discuss issue #9 among many other things!
DoomTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #1435
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Hey Stoo, sorry if we coerced you into listening!

I was waiting up to the last minute for some coverage from a listener who was there the opening night and was graciously going to interview the curator but it just got too hectic. He is going back to interview him so we should have the interview on the next show.

I only found out just before I was to publish and forgot to alter the blurb.

And yes, we would love to air it so please send it in!
Believe me, Ed, I want to hear the IndyCasts but just keep putting it off and procastinating because they are (usually) very long. I've been downloading them to my hard-drive but never get around to actually listening. Sorry, mate! (A lot of catching up to do...)

Will send you the audio file soon enough. (I sent it to Pat many months ago, and I think he sent it to Keith, too, so it's been circulating amongst the inner circle. It's high time to let the general public hear this nugget.)

Looking forward to the interview with the California exhibit curator!
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwmetheidol
Michael and I heavily photographed everything, recorded the opening ceremonies in HD and interviewed one of the organizers.
Sounds good, Les!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomTown
Thanks Stoo! We are really having fun talking to the creators, and just discussing the book and all things Indy! Next episode, Joe and I will have another very special guest in the newly opened "Ravens Nest" , and we'll discuss issue #9 among many other things!
Keith, for me, the "Further Adventures" segment is the biggest draw to listening these days. It's very good and you guys really do sound like you're having fun. It's so evident in the back & forth parole. A+ all the way!
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #1436
indycast
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwmetheidol
Or of course you could use the interview we did for broadcast on The IndyCast (and another podcast) since I was at ground zero on Thursday the 11th

Interested Ed?

les

Hey Les, that would be great! Between the 2, we should have some fantastic coverage.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:41 AM   #1437
indycast
IndyFan

It's time for another IndyCast Special! In this special edition of the show, Official IndyCast correspondent Mitch Hallock has a plethora of interviews including Lance Henriksen (CE3K, Aliens), artist Mark McKenna (Star Wars, Justice League), Adrianne Curry, Marvel CEO Joe Quesada, the producer of the Dark Night, Mike Mignola (creator of Hellboy) and more direct from New York Comic Con!

Download the episode on iTunes or listen right here!
Old 10-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #1438
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

The NYCC IndyCast special can be found here: http://theindycast.com/
RaiderMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #1439
JuniorJones
TR.N Staff Member

Quote:

It's time for another IndyCast Special! In this special edition of the show, Official IndyCast correspondent Mitch Hallock has a plethora of interviews including Lance Henriksen (CE3K, Aliens), artist Mark McKenna (Star Wars, Justice League), Adrianne Curry, Marvel CEO Joe Quesada, the producer of the Dark Night, Mike Mignola (creator of Hellboy) and more direct from New York Comic Con!

Download the episode on iTunes or listen right here!

Is it me or does an Indycast need to have a little more substance about Indiana Jones otherwise...

It's time for another IndyCast Special! In this special edition of the show, Official IndyCast correspondent Python Pants Pete meets plethora of random AVStars including Ava Rose (Carolina Jones), Legend Ron Jeremy (San Fernando ), the director and producer Mark Cummings (Indiana Bones and the temple of poon) and more snatch than Indy can snatch direct from AVN Adult Entertainment Expo!

I'm off to the paint drying expo - maybe Indycast could to a special if I ask the attendees about Indy. No?

Quite.
JuniorJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #1440
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

Well now that you say it... The AV Awards might have some folks with new whip tricks!

Coincidently we did get an offer talk to the producers of the burlesque show Indiana Jones and the Temple of Boobs -- seriously.

Last edited by RaiderMitch : 10-24-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #1441
JuniorJones
TR.N Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderMitch
Well now that you say it... The AV Awards might have some folks with new whip tricks!

If poon has a name...Bi'atch Phallic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderMitch
Coincidently we did get an offer talk to the producers of the burlesque show Indiana Jones and the Temple of Boobs -- seriously.

http://www.chicagostagereview.com/?p=22085

And?

Last edited by Moedred : 10-25-2012 at 02:11 PM. Reason: pic replaced with link
JuniorJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #1442
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

Too funny. Junior
Old 10-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #1443
harvey
IndyFan

Quote:
THE FURTHER ADVENTURES
@Joe & Keith:

Thanks for the accolades, Stoo! What a blast it was to get exclusive art from Dan Reed. And hopefully, there will be more to come!

As Keith mentioned, very special guest in the new Raven's Nest next ep...you won't want to miss it.

And...there will ALWAYS be room for Price is Right music!!
harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #1444
lairdo
IndyFan

Coming next week... John Williams Special 9! We look at 3 films celebrating their 5 year multiple anniversaries.

Ron and I are busy finishing editing, and Ed should be able to post it on Monday.

The next regular IndyCast should be going live on November 5.

Laird
lairdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:19 AM   #1445
indycast
IndyFan

IndyCast: John Williams Special #9 is here!

Ron and Laird return to celebrate the 5s - with three films celebrating their multiple 5 year anniversaries. Take a listen to some classic tracks including snippets of recent interviews with the Maestro.

http://www.forcecast.net/story/topst...s_1486 28.asp
Old 10-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #1446
russds
IndyFan

What a great episode. Thank you!

I was trying to get some show notes, so i looked over at theindycast.com, but the podcast isn't listed there. So i'm just confused, which site should I go to to keep most up to date? and is there show notes somewhere? I was just looking to share a list of the movies covered on another forum.

I really like how you've got audio from interviews, and sound tracks to cover what you're talking about, really well done. Thank you!
-Russ

Quote:
IndyCast: John Williams Special #9 is here!

Ron and Laird return to celebrate the 5s - with three films celebrating their multiple 5 year anniversaries. Take a listen to some classic tracks including snippets of recent interviews with the Maestro.

http://www.forcecast.net/story/topst...s_1486 28.asp
russds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #1447
lairdo
IndyFan

Thanks so much for the nice comments Russ. We only put up a short blurb for the show notes. I am remiss in giving Ed weblinks. I know the ForceCast webpage has the current info. Not sure why it has not populated to the IndyCast front page yet. It will soon.

We cover Black Sunday (1977 - 35th anniversary), E.T. (1982 - 20th) and Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002 - 10th). There are some Indy snippets in there too of course.

We really appreciate you listening and sharing the podcast with others. We'll be back with another JW special in December.

Laird
Old 10-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #1448
russds
IndyFan

Sounds good thanks! I would also add To Kill a Mockingbird to your show notes, as that was great to hear the little piano solo from JW there, and perhaps the sources of the Interviews. I just mention it because you've got quite a deluge of great information here, from great interviews, to great snippets of great scores, which aren't just the "Star Wars Main Theme" typical JW cover stuff. A real treat for JW fans.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #1449
lairdo
IndyFan

Good points. Yes, I was going to annotate all of that later today. Some of it is not available online anymore but I can at least state the sources.

The complete list of music used is:

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (three pieces, two referenced by name)
Black Sunday
ET (album and Hollywood Bowl 9/1/12 concert)
Poltergeist (Goldsmith)
Star Wars A New Hope
Star Wars Attack of the Clones
To Kill a Mockingbird (movie opening titles)

and interviews:
John Williams interviewed by the BBC's Tommy Pearson (2012)
John Williams and Steven Spielberg AFI Master Class (2011)

plus the Lincoln Trailer

(Now, I just have to send the links to these to Ed - so thanks for getting me to do them.)
Old 10-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #1450
russds
IndyFan

Perfect, thanks! just fyi I posted it over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lairdo
Good points. Yes, I was going to annotate all of that later today. Some of it is not available online anymore but I can at least state the sources.

The complete list of music used is:

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (three pieces, two referenced by name)
Black Sunday
ET (album and Hollywood Bowl 9/1/12 concert)
Poltergeist (Goldsmith)
Star Wars A New Hope
Star Wars Attack of the Clones
To Kill a Mockingbird (movie opening titles)

and interviews:
John Williams interviewed by the BBC's Tommy Pearson (2012)
John Williams and Steven Spielberg AFI Master Class (2011)

plus the Lincoln Trailer

(Now, I just have to send the links to these to Ed - so thanks for getting me to do them.)