TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Collecting Indy
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Are you saving your new Indy figure artifact crates?
YES - they are cool display pieces 16 84.21%
NO - they are worthless cardboard trash 0 0%
What's an artifact crate? There's new Indy figures? This has got to be some kind of joke. 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2008, 09:48 PM   #1
Crayfish
IndyFan

Are you saving your artifact crates?

For those of you who have the figures (I swear I wasn't trying to make that sound like I am rubbing it in)...are you planning on saving your artifact crates?

I have already opened all mine from series 1 (I have no series 2 yet) and removed the artifacts for display and the stickers for display. On a side note...I have even already dropped my mail-away card in the mail for my mail away figure.

Anyway..I taped the boxes back up and I am displaying them with my Indy figures. I like how each one even has its own unique government id number.

Sure if you collect alot..it won't be high enough for Indy to stand on and swing into passing vehicles...but it still makes for a great display.

So are you (or will you be) saving your crates or throwing these cardboard containers away?
Crayfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:58 PM   #2
Deckard
IndyFan

I dont know if it was smart to mail in your card already, its going to get there before they are officaly released.

Anyway if you don't want to keep your crates, send em to me, I'll build a mini ark warehouse.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:02 PM   #3
Snakes
IndyFan

Sadly, I do not have any new figures yet (GRR!). But I do plan on saving my artifact crates. I'll definitely find cool uses for them.
Snakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:04 PM   #4
metalinvader
IndyFan

Yeah,I'll be saving the crates.They'll look good displayed with the figures.
metalinvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:12 PM   #5
Crayfish
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
I dont know if it was smart to mail in your card already, its going to get there before they are officaly released.

It's not the only one I am mailing in. Two more figures and I will have enough to mail in another one...and I will wait until after the 1st.

As for the one I mailed...worse case scenerio...they can't cash my check. That would be mail fraud...a federal crime.

I'm not worried about stickers though...as many figures as I am buying I will have stickers to give away. (I only want two of the mail-away figure).
Old 04-20-2008, 10:16 PM   #6
metalinvader
IndyFan

How many stickers does it take for one of the mail-away figure?
metalinvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:21 PM   #7
Crayfish
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalinvader
How many stickers does it take for one of the mail-away figure?

It only takes 6 stickers. Plus the completed certificate and check or money order for $5.99 (or $7.99 CAD).
Old 04-21-2008, 12:01 AM   #8
The_Raiders
IndyFan

When I do start collecting figures I'm defenetly keeping the crates, like Deackard I think mabe I'll make a mini ware house, Or I might just display them, ther're pretty cool, i know I'll be keeping mine.
The_Raiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:20 AM   #9
Billy Ray
IndyFan

I'm keeping mine, they are a nice added bonus IMO. Hasbro really did a good job with the artifacts I think, they are quite nicely done and it is cool how each character comes with their own, individual, artifact unlike the holo-figures that came with the Saga line of Star Wars figures. The crates are just icing on the cake if you ask me.
Billy Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:23 AM   #10
bonoferox
IndyFan

They could be used to make a pretty cool warehouse display, so I'll save them if they age well (i.e. - don't get torn to shreds easily)
bonoferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:56 PM   #11
Sea Monarch
IndyFan

Location: In a canyon, opening up an Ark of whoopa## on some goosestepping morons
Additional uses for Hasbro IJ Artifact Crate

Major bump on this thread, since I see it has not been revisited since 2008, but I had some down time to hit some rabbit trails!

Here's another great use for them that I recommend:
Upon release of KOTCS to DVD/Blu-Ray, I threw an Indiana Jones Release Party Double Feature Bash!! And as a bonus, I gave out Indiana Jones merchandise prizes at the end of each movie!!

The way it worked is everyone who attended got to draw one of these fine crates from a bowl, with each crate having the artifact inside and a slip of paper, with a number on it. At the end of each movie I drew numbers from a bowl, and (of course) whoever had the corresponding number got to take home some dope Indy swag!! My Friends Loved It!!!

Try it with your next Indy Bash.
Sea Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote