indiana jones animated fanfilm why not??

Indy's brother

That is actually quite interesting! I think the only reason we needed to know where to put the eels was for an artistic visual reference. As far as storytelling goes, I don't think it really matters since the audience won't know where he is exactly and why in either case. It's only a ten second bit, you know.

Stoo

Indy's brother said:
For the eels/riverboat, I was leaneing toward twilight/sunset. Not only could you do some cool stuff with colors,sillouette, and shadow, but also the light bulb getting charged in the water would play better if it was dark enough to see it happen. It's also make the eels "pop".
I'll have to go back and read all the eel-related posts because I've somehow glossed over the light bulb bit. Now would also be a good time to review your list of scenes and flesh them out one-by-one so the storyboard process can begin.

@Le Saboteur: Love the research and virgin territory angle but Indy's bro' is right that the location is merely for visual reference. However, if there is a significant difference between the Orinoco and the Amazon environments, I'm all for making it the Orinoco. (Since the scene is entirely Indy's brother idea, it's ultimately up to him.)

P.S. Has anyone here seen the b/w footage of Teddy Roosevelt's 1913 expedtion to Brazil? Cool stuff!

Indy's bro' said:
Bahahaha!!! A brazier across Indy's face so he looks like some crazy spider-man!!! Seriously though,Having something cling to his body during his swing is more true to life, and actually has an Indy feel to it. Can't go too crazy with it, though or else it'll come across too goofy, ya know?

Transition? Lay it on me.
Ha Ha! Love the brassiere bit! But yeah, too goofy. The line could wrap around his chest/waist and break from it's anchors. Then the whole string of laundry could be trailing behind him.

The transition was an idea I had way back on the very first few pages but not sure where it would fit (or if it would fit at all) but here's a description anyway: Picture on aerial view of the truck in the desert with the wheels making tracks in the sand. Zoom out really far and high up so that the tracks become one black line on a beige field and the truck becomes so small it can't even be seen. The line eventually becomes the front of Indy's shirt where the button's are. Zoom out further to see Indy. (It was just an idea and doesn't really have a place anymore so I don't want to force it in.)

Summer is here and I imagine that this thread will slow down because of it. As for myself, I have quite a bit going on in July and (to the dismay of Junior) haven't touched the style guide for Indy's head in 3 weeks! I'll try to keep working on stuff as much as I can.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Summer is here and I imagine that this thread will slow down because of it. As for myself, I have quite a bit going on in July and (to the dismay of Junior) haven't touched the style guide for Indy's head in 3 weeks! I'll try to keep working on stuff as much as I can.

Slowed down! I don't think we've ever broken a trott!:D It's expected that as we are all volunteering our time to the project things will take time.(y)

HJJNR

Finishing jobs then I'm a go.

JuniorJones said:
Slowed down! I don't think we've ever broken a trott!:D It's expected that as we are all volunteering our time to the project things will take time.(y)

I know its hard to get into it when you have no momentum, like you say people are giving up their spare time etc so it's going to take a long time. Which means it will be even more AMAZING to see the finished product.

I have a couple of web sites to complete and then I'll get cracking properly.
:whip:

Stoo

Nice one, Sab.:) Is Indy's Brother still around?:confused:

Junior Jones said:
...It must be the holiday season...
You guessed it! Looks like HJJNR is out of action for a little while...but I'm pretty much back in business. Are we still on?

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:

You guessed it! Looks like HJJNR is out of action for a little while...but I'm pretty much back in business. Are we still on?

Count me in!!:D

HJJNR

Stoo said:

I've had my spanking but I'm back now. Right, what am I doing? I have a couple of days off so I can come up with some bits and bobs. :whip:

Heres what Ford said about a Indy animated series.

Ford said, though, he would not be game to making an animated "Indiana Jones" film, a notion that became at least a possible option after Lucas took his "Star Wars" theatrical saga into the computer-generated realm with "The Clone Wars" this summer.

"I'm not philosophically against doing animation roles but not for Indiana Jones," Ford said. "I'd hate to see it reduced in any way from the movies that we have done and the way we have done them."

Harrison%20Ford.jpg

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Le Saboteur said:
How'd this up nearly at the bottom of Page Two? Has the entire gone to pot, or is it festering somewhere?

Oh. We've been encased in Carbonite. Once we've been rescued from the Bounty Hunter, Boba Fett, we'd be back for more.

Ain't that right Stooie

Stooie "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgh!"

If i knew how i would make a Indy animated series i would but my friends say it's hard to make a Indy animated film so i decided not to try that. Love to see a fan Indy animated film i'm sure Lucas would not mind ;) .

Stoo

Indywolf, you may not have noticed but this thread is about a fan-made project rather than a discussion about the possibilities/desires/wishes for a legitimate Indy cartoon. (There are PLENTY of those threads around.)

Another thing...What is the point of posting that photo of Harry the Hunk?:confused:

Le Saboteur said:
How'd this up nearly at the bottom of Page Two? Has the entire gone to pot, or is it festering somewhere?
Hey, Saboteur. It's "festering" (good one!:))...JuniorJones and I spoke recently and we want to get it going again. As things stand, it looks like Indy's brother isn't around anymore but it seems as though enough scenes have been established in order to actually start production. Trouble is, after the entire summer, I don't really have anything new to show.:(

P.S. Just saw the last 2 replies. Hi, Junior!

IndyWolf15 said:
Love to see a fan Indy animated film i'm sure Lucas would not mind
I might be wrong but I think Lucas doesn't mind "Star Wars" fan-films as long as they don't use the official music. In our case with this Indy thing, we ARE using official music.:eek:

Last edited:
Stoo said:
Indywolf, you may not have noticed but this thread is about a fan-made project rather than a discussion about the possibilities/desires/wishes for a legitimate Indy cartoon. (There are PLENTY of those threads around.)

Another thing...What is the point of posting that photo of Harry the Hunk?:confused:

Hey, Saboteur. It's "festering" (good one!:))...JuniorJones and I spoke recently and we want to get it going again. As things stand, it looks like Indy's brother isn't around anymore but it seems as though enough scenes have been established in order to actually start production. Trouble is, after the entire summer, I don't really have anything new to show.:(

P.S. Just saw the last 2 replies. Hi, Junior!

I might be wrong but I think Lucas doesn't mind "Star Wars" fan-films as long as they don't use the official music. In our case with this Indy thing, we ARE using official music.:eek:
:eek: Oh know we Indyfans are dead T_T:dead:.

Le Saboteur

Stoo said:

I believe we're all in the same boat in that we haven't a heck of a lot more to show than when we started out. Of course, I assumed Indy's Brother was off hacking out a template, but it's been, what?, three months since he's been around. Had I known he was going to skedaddle, I might have put something together in his absence.

So we should set out collecting the assorted scenes and putting them into a workable format so those of use who are proficient in animation can start cranking something out. We'll need some transition sequences, and an overall scene progression...

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Le Saboteur said:
I believe we're all in the same boat in that we haven't a heck of a lot more to show than when we started out. Of course, I assumed Indy's Brother was off hacking out a template, but it's been, what?, three months since he's been around. Had I known he was going to skedaddle, I might have put something together in his absence.

So we should set out collecting the assorted scenes and putting them into a workable format so those of use who are proficient in animation can start cranking something out. We'll need some transition sequences, and an overall scene progression...

I don't think this is a matter of laying blame on any person. Fan projects are notoriously fraught with commitment issues and this is an accepted part of the process.

The issue we face now is how we move the process forward. I suggest we simplify the process and limit involvement to the remaining key people - unless we can be convinced otherwise.

I'm happy for you to take care of the scripting/scene management. Stoo, character designs. I will do the schematic and lead on the animation. HJJNR can do static images.

All I need is basic descriptions of the scene and movement of objects and characters.

Stoo

Re-born from it's ashes...the Animated Fan Film thread awakes.:)

@ Saboteur: Yes, we need to review what's been planned so far and fill in the gaps. (Indy's bro' had it pretty much all laid out). It's just a matter of going back a few pages and finding the last template of the sequences. I also remember you posted a link (either here or in another thread) to a great site for old maps. We need a high-res "adventurous" map image.

@JuniorJones & HJJNR: Since we will eventually have to co-ordinate the sharing of files, etc...How about we do a TEST clip using the end title card (Indy/Map/Logo) in order to determine the workflow between us?

HJJNR: Jungle Background
JuniorJones: Indy Character Animation
Stoo: Motion Graphics
Anyone Else: Anything You Want

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
Re-born from it's ashes...the Animated Fan Film thread awakes.:)

@ Saboteur: Yes, we need to review what's been planned so far and fill in the gaps. (Indy's bro' had it pretty much all laid out). It's just a matter of going back a few pages and finding the last template of the sequences. I also remember you posted a link (either here or in another thread) to a great site for old maps. We need a high-res "adventurous" map image.

@JuniorJones & HJJNR: Since we will eventually have to co-ordinate the sharing of files, etc...How about we do a TEST clip using the end title card (Indy/Map/Logo) in order to determine the workflow between us?

HJJNR: Jungle Background
JuniorJones: Indy Character Animation
Stoo: Motion Graphics
Anyone Else: Anything You Want

...like a pheonix from a flame...

Okay, quick questions.

1. What do you want indy to do (wink, say hello, turn head, dodge a bullet?), camera angle (close up, wide angle, etc), for how long (in seconds)and in what format?

2. I may need to adapted the indy head for movement (if I do it will be less cartoony) or would you like still like to do the style sheet?

3. When you say motion graphics, do you mean directing the "layers" with additional stuff.

We can discuss file sharing through PM's.