• Superman Returns

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Man of Steel

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Batman v Superman

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

metalinvader

The very first one,Followed by number 2.3 and 4 where crap.
I never did see the new one,I outa one of these days.

Herr 'Controversy' Gruber prefers Superman III. It is the most entertaining and funniest of all of them. However, the best film is Superman:The Movie. Richard Pryor falling off a skyscraper on skis! Priceless stuff, not very Superman, but superb just the same.:hat:

Eric Solo

I loved the Quest for Peace. Especially the part where John Cryer calls Supes the Dude of Steel.

JUST KIDDING!

Superman: The Movie is the best comic book adaptation movie EVER. I once sat thru it twice in one day. And that's a LOONG movie. I got to meet Margot Kidder once. She was very nice. She had personality. Margot Kidder has more personality in her bi-polar little finger than Kate Bosworth will ever have.

The part in Superman III where Supes fights his evil twin is awesome.

At this point of posting, Superman III has an equal amount of votes as the much respected Superman II! If people really try to confront their true feelings about what is a good film and avoid the expected snobbery (Empire better than Jedi is an example) we can all live in peace together. I repeat, the criticised Superman III at this point in posting is just as popular as Sir Superman II.

Define, "Serious Film".

(This aughta be good....)

"true feelings about what is a good film"
Peoples FEELINGS have nothing to do with a film being Good or Bad....

Oh, Sir Clinton of Hammond, feelings DO decide whether it is a good or bad film.
If a film makes you feel good I would class it as a good film even if it was not as bum-licky popular as it's predecessor. Superman III makes me feel good.
James Brown: "I feel good!!!!..about Superman III!!"

Eric Solo

ClintonHammond said:
"Sin City" made it look like out-dated trash...

I think there is a difference between comic books and graphic novels. Comic books are meant for children. Graphic novels are meant for adults. Sin City is a graphic novel. I wouldn't recommend taking your kid to see the movie adaptation of that one.

Now we have a dead heat between Superman II, III and Returns. Like Christopher Reeve said in his book: The less said about Superman IV, the better.

kongisking

As much as I worship RETURNS, I have to go with the classic. Still a masterpiece of gee-whiz fun and sparky comic-book-goodness...(y) It's a real shame that so many hate Returns, though. :( :( :(

nezobiwan

You forgot to include the Donner Cut to Supes II!

But in any case the original is the best, the second one is pretty entertaining (either version of it) and the third and fourth ones don't exist to me.

'Returns' impressed me with its sentimentality and tribute to the original Donner trilogy vision, but ended up being too little too late and too stuffed with CG junk.

The studios really F*&%ed this series up for everyone when they kicked Donner out of the picture. Dude got a really sh^t deal.

Just imagine if half way through filming, they kicked Peter Jackson out of the LOTR trilogy and brought in someone insane like Michael Bay to finish the second and third movies. And you'll get an idea on what I'm talking about.

Major West

Eric Solo said:
I think there is a difference between comic books and graphic novels. Comic books are meant for children. Graphic novels are meant for adults. Sin City is a graphic novel. I wouldn't recommend taking your kid to see the movie adaptation of that one.

Agreed. I think Hammond got the definition of that wrong (no surprise there).

"If a film makes you feel good I would class it as a good film"
You could do it, but you'd be wrong....

Maybe you aughta start by taking a class in critical thinking, so that you can start to learn what the difference is between the objective "Good&Bad" and the subjective "Like&Dislike"....

"I wouldn't recommend taking your kid to see the movie adaptation of that one."
I'm afraid that your personal foibles that appear to lean you toward a "Victorian" style of child rearing are of no consequence to me... Adults can't read and enjoy comic books? Children can't read and enjoy graphic novels? Wow... What a limited world view you seem to have. It seems to me, that such an outlook could only lead one to miss out on a whole lot of enjoyment.... Your loss....

I am still waiting to hear what this supposed definition of a "Serious Film" might be....

"It's a real shame that so many hate Returns"
Why is it a shame? How does their loss, their failure to find enjoyment in something impact your ability to enjoy it? You don't like King Kong any less just because I think it's a steaming pile of skite do you?!?! I should hope to hell not!!

nezobiwan

Why does every thread turn into an argument of Everyone vs. CH concerning subjects that stray further and further away from the original topic?

I'm not venting, and I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I simply want to honestly and truly know why.

Because I'm bordering on exasperation and :sleep:

Now, ON TOPIC:
I sort of want to know how someone can choose Superman III as "the best" when I and II exist.
:confused:

And I didn't hate 'Returns,' it was just too painful to watch because I kept wishing it was Reeve, Hackman, etc. Though Spacey is the only person in the world who I think can do Luthor as well as Hackman did.

nezobiwan said:
Why does every thread turn into an argument of Everyone vs. CH concerning subjects that stray further and further away from the original topic?

I'm not venting, and I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I simply want to honestly and truly know why.

Because I'm bordering on exasperation and :sleep:

Now, ON TOPIC:
I sort of want to know how someone can choose Superman III as "the best" when I and II exist.
:confused:

And I didn't hate 'Returns,' it was just too painful to watch because I kept wishing it was Reeve, Hackman, etc. Though Spacey is the only person in the world who I think can do Luthor as well as Hackman did.

Nezobiwan, I said that Superman III was my favourite, I didn't say it was the best FILM.

"I said that Superman III was my favourite, I didn't say it was the best FILM."

And THAT difference is part of what I'm on about!

Thanks for the supportive example

"Everyone vs. CH"
Well, a lot of people don't give a lot of thought to what it is they type... And I'm not afraid of putting them on the spot about it, of calling attention to their mistakes, and inviting them to clarify themselves.

"Luthor as well as Hackman"
Ug... Hackman as Luthor was almost as distasteful as Nicholson playing The Joker.... barf....