Best moments in Temple Of Doom

EvilEmperorZoRG

The whole movie ;)
What I like to mention is the death of Molla Ram. I always felt bad when he dies. He tortured kids, he ripped hearts out ect But still i feel bad when he dies. That's because he's an awesome actor.
Anyway, if I have to choose a favorite scene, I'll take the mine-bridge scene. From the humor to the action everything is TOP !
I never understood all the hating towards this film (n)

The Drifter

EvilEmperorZoRG said:
The whole movie ;)
What I like to mention is the death of Molla Ram. I always felt bad when he dies. He tortured kids, he ripped hearts out ect But still i feel bad when he dies. That's because he's an awesome actor.
Anyway, if I have to choose a favorite scene, I'll take the mine-bridge scene. From the humor to the action everything is TOP !
I never understood all the hating towards this film (n)

Mola Ram is my favorite Indy villain.
The guy played the role to perfection, and I still get pumped seeing him plummet to his death, and Indy's fedora peek above the cliff face and then the stone comes into view.
Add that scene as another ToD favorite!

RedeemedChild

My top favorite scene is the part in which Indiana Jones is running with that round silver thing shielding his body as he tries to get the antidote. I think that Temple of Doom's opening sequences are top notch although not as thrilling as the bolder chase from Raiders but it's still exciting.

My other favorite sequence is the Mine Cart escape. I don't think anything in Temple of Doom tops the Mine Cart sequence for me.

Actually, something I recently noticed is that Indy pushes her chair away with his foot.

I used to think Chen or Kao pulled her chair back.

This made me VERY happy.(y)

Daley

^^ I agree with this: "We are going to DIE!" never gets old, his delivery and facial expression of utter annoyance is classic :p

The whole opening sequence in Shanghai stands out for me, the exchange at the table, the nightclub brawl, the car chase to the airport..Loved it! But this film has been such a huge part of my life for so long, it's difficult to pick out my favourite scenes.

I still enjoy the gross-out humour at the banquet with Willie & Shorty because I've never grown up :p ...can't help it.

WilliamBoyd8

One of my favorite old films was the 1937 "Lost Horizon".

This scene from early in "Temple of Doom" reminded me of a similar scene from "Lost Horizon":

post_losthorizon_pilotlook.jpg

Chinese pilot from "Lost Horizon"

post_indianajonestemple_pilot.jpg

Chinese pilot from "Temple of Doom"

post_losthorizon_isabel.jpg

This lady in "Lost Horizon" looks familiar

post_indianajonestemple_coins.jpg

As a coin collector I liked this scene from "Temple of Doom",
but why would Indiana Jones be interested in 200-year old coins,
he wasn't a coin collector.

I also liked the Shanghai nightclub opening sequence.
Reminded me a little of another old film, the 1941 "Shanghai Gesture".

:)

Olliana

Indy's brother said:
He is blocked by the chorus line and does this really hilarious "dance", waving his hands from left to right in the air. I'm fairly sure it was supposed to be funny, but even if it wasn't, it still gets a chuckle out of me...every frickin' time!!!

And of course the entire "spike room" bit.

Exactly! :D

@ WilliamBoyd8:

Indy didn't want the coins in the first place. 'The diamond, Lao. The deal was for the diamond.'

I love the scene where Willie wants to stick her arm into the wrong hole, Indy grabs her hand aggressively and yells while pointing at it 'The other one, the other right!' :whip:

Udvarnoky

I think my favorite moment might be "Nice try, Lao Che!" followed by the reveal of Lao Che's name on the door of the cargo plane. It's so campy in the absolute best way and actually a decent encapsulation of the series as whole - Indy gets out of one scrape by the closest of calls only to fall into a bigger mess. This is also one of the few occasions where Indy allows himself a little arrogance or relief and he's immediately punished for it.

Udvarnoky said:
"Nice try, Lao Che!" ...where Indy allows himself a little arrogance or relief and he's immediately punished for it.

Quality moment...youthfull bravado/life lesson, though its probably safe to say he never knew it was Lao's plane eh?

The Drifter

Rocket Surgeon said:
Quality moment...youthfull bravado/life lesson, though its probably safe to say he never knew it was Lao's plane eh?

I wonder if Art Weber, knew it was Lao Che's plane, and willingly tried to send Indy to his doom?

Johnb02

To me it is definitley when Indy is under the black sleep ok Kali Ma and he is going to kill Willie and Short Round is coming to help them. That kid kicked butt. The moment with the ladder was a true Indiana Jones stunt. And when Indy is fighting the Thuggee slave chief and he is being hurt by the voodoo doll. Short Round fights the Majaraha to save Indy. And I don't forget the mine cart chase! Willie punched the Thuggee in the face. Go Willie!