The Curse of King Tut (SyFy series)

adventure_al

On the Syfy channel right now for UK viewers. (you'll get on on plus one)

Seems to be a mini series. This being episode one. However its very much a standard SyFy Channel film, split into sections.

It is not great by any means but it centres round 'daniel freemont' an adventurer/archaelogist in egypt 1922.

Very much and indy clone. I thought I'd mention it as its definately something folks on the message board would enjoy if you take it for what it is. A straight to TV movie.

Le Saboteur

adventure_al said:
Seems to be a mini series. This being episode one. However its very much a standard SyFy Channel film, split into sections.

Stateside you'll be able to find Parts the First & Second on Netflix's Instant View service. When I watched it a couple months back, the second part was improperly synced; dialogue was about three seconds ahead of the picture, so be aware if you decide to watch it.

cursekingtutstomb-14.jpg

That's Casper van Dien (Starship Troopers, Tarzan) in the lead role of Danny Fremont, an adventurer-archeologist very much in the mold of Dr. Jones & Msr. O'Connell. In fact, you could say that the director wanted to build a better action-adventure picture by blending elements from both series'.

adventure_al said:
It is not great by any means but it centres round 'daniel freemont' an adventurer/archaelogist in egypt 1922.

It's decidedly not great, but it wasn't terrible. Middling seems appropriate -- that is, the overall film. That opening prologue is pretty damn terrible. The titular King Tut has...um, metal wings.

'nuff said.

Though, how they managed to preserve the historical record was pretty clever.

6/10

If the architecture seems like it's from another continent, don't worry. You're correct. For some inexplicable reason, India needed to double for Egypt.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cqEYUdmFf1o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>