Red Dawn Remake

caats

the main guy playing Swayze's character was Daddy Kirk in the new Star Trek. he's also starring in marvel's Thor movie. and the kid from jake and josh has actually turned himself into a respectful actor with recent roles.

roundshort

I think the surprise twist will be . . .
It won't be an actual invasion, but these kids will have to "fight" using a video game, and fate of the free world will depend on it's outcome, you know like how Madden NFL decides who will win real football games . . .

Deadlock

I'll bet you anything that it will be a contemporary scenario.

Cold War revival pieces have been none to popular. Though the popular tack to replace War on Terror for any previous conflict (Vietnam being the most often substituted... Iron Man, Shooter, etc.) is getting a bit predictable and I'm not sure how that could believably play for a full-scale occupation of America.

So maybe it's North Korea or Canada in the film...

Joe Brody

So I guess we will see:

- A bankrupt Americans loaded up on debt having to face the music and pay its bills to the Chinese,
- Some sort of cyber attack that brings down national defense, and
- A crafty veteran from Iraq/Afghanistan teaching the kids how to fight Robert Jordan style.

caats

as long as they don't make it China. seriously i never want to do anything that could remotely **** off the chinese. haha.

roundshort

Joe Brody said:
So I guess we will see:

- A bankrupt Americans loaded up on debt having to face the music and pay its bills to the Chinese,
- Some sort of cyber attack that brings down national defense, and
- A crafty veteran from Iraq/Afghanistan teaching the kids how to fight Robert Jordan style.

and a comic releif cat/creature that talks and says "Snarf"

roundshort

Deadlock said:
*Yawn* Die Hard 4.

Frankly, I'm more interested in the film adaptation of World War Z.

did someone say Zombies . . .

No, I think a good gritty remake is perfect. With all the show of Arms in Red Square recently, the Russian subs off or US's coast line . . .why not?

As long as the keep the scene with the kid pissing in the radiator, that is perfect!

Deadlock

Actually, a gritty remake that has the balls to use Commies sounds better than a war on terror equivalent.

roundshort

Deadlock said:
Actually, a gritty remake that has the balls to use Commies sounds better than a war on terror equivalent.

One write said it would be Russians and Chinese, so at least they are Red . . .Maybe they can have Aliens