Toy Story 4

Dr. Gonzo

It looks like the folks at Pixar are seriously considering another according to Tom Hanks.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50177

Please say it ain't so! I love Toy Story but that last one was the perfect cap to an almost perfect trilogy. Somebody stop Pixar! The Toys can live on in the shorts but Another film would undermine the excellence that is the Toy Story Saga.

TheMutt92

It might just be a preliminary idea. Considering Toy Story is now one of Disney/Pixar's biggest cash cows, they're at least going to brainstorm. Which probably also constitutes signing the cast just in case.

Or perhaps Tom Hanks is confused and thinks all these Toy Story Toons he's been doing are actually Toy Story 4?

Either way, I would take it with a grain of sand.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Pixar = Story Story Story

Cars 2 will fizzle out. Sure, sucess monetary wise, and to keep the cheddar flowing. With the new theme park underway, it will be a cash cow. But as a stand alone it'll soon show it's colors.

Monster University is going to be the same.

Incredibles 2 has promise, for deep character development. But I doubt they'll tap it.

As far as Toy Story goes, the only (genuine) story I see left, is Andy marrying Bonnie and having a child so that the toys could be passed on. :p

dr.jones1986

I saw Cars 2 and the Toy Story short before the movie was very enjoyable. I think at this point they should just carry on the Toy Story characters in that medium.

Forbidden Eye

Many people are interested in the line Stinky Pete says in Toy Story 2, "Do you think Andy is going to take you to college? Or on his honeymoon?" Maybe they can have Bonnie grow and then sell the toys on eBay to Andy and he'll play with them on his honeymoon. Then he can pass them down to his kids.

And then they can have Toy Story 5: Toys in Time! Which takes place at the end of the world, and the series rounds off by revealing that Buzz is actually a remodeled Woody in the future, who fell through a freak rift in the space time continuum and ended up wrapped up in one of Andy's birthday presents and without a memory - thus his confusion in Toy Story thinking he was real. Now that would be closure.

Seriously though, yeah, I'd love to see more of the characters in shorts, television shows/specials, theme park attractions and merchandise, but a Toy Story 4? No thanks.(Then again, I felt the same way about Toy Story 3, and that turned out well).

TheMutt92

Forbidden Eye said:
Seriously though, yeah, I'd love to see more of the characters in shorts, television shows/specials, theme park attractions and merchandise, but a Toy Story 4? No thanks.(Then again, I felt the same way about Toy Story 3, and that turned out well).

The difference w/ Toy Story 3 is that it built off the concerns raised in Toy Story 2. Was it neccessary to show it? No, you could've ended it w/ Toy Story 2 and everyone would've been satisfied. But I think it was a nice little coda and the perfect end to the franchise. A fourth would have almost have to by necessity be a separate entity from what had come back before (characters aside), similar to what they did w/ POTC. That's the only way I can see it working.

Sharkey

TheMutt92 said:
The difference w/ Toy Story 3 is that it built off the concerns raised in Toy Story 2. Was it neccessary to show it? No, you could've ended it w/ Toy Story 2 and everyone would've been satisfied. But I think it was a nice little coda and the perfect end to the franchise. A fourth would have almost have to by necessity be a separate entity from what had come back before (characters aside), similar to what they did w/ POTC. That's the only way I can see it working.
Harrison Ford will be cameo in the next Toy Story as a certain adventure character toy!

RedeemedChild

I seriously don't think we need a fourth Toy Story movie. It's time for Pixar to move on and create something new and different. How about give us the something like 'The Life and Times of Merlin'. I'd love to see Pixar make a Potter-esque film about the childhood of King Arthur's trusted wizard as I enjoy the BBC show Merlin.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
RedeemedChild said:
I seriously don't think we need a fourth Toy Story movie. It's time for Pixar to move on and create something new and different. How about give us the something like 'The Life and Times of Merlin'. I'd love to see Pixar make a Potter-esque film about the childhood of King Arthur's trusted wizard as I enjoy the BBC show Merlin.

So, as you said, new and different?

A few of the films have been strongly influenced by others (A Bug's Life with Seven Samurai, Cars with Doc Hollywood), but none have taken an established storyline before.

RedeemedChild

Attila the Professor said:
So, as you said, new and different?

A few of the films have been strongly influenced by others (A Bug's Life with Seven Samurai, Cars with Doc Hollywood), but none have taken an established storyline before.

Ya I'm aware that they carry influences. I was just hoping to see them go in a new direction. I like Toy Story the way it is. I don't want them to milk Toy Story. I fear they will milk Cars seeing as they wanna do Planes as a spin-off to Cars.

I sincerely don't know what Hollywood will do now that Harry Potter is coming to an end and once the Hobbit and Pirates of the Caribbean is over I don't know what they are gonna do in the way of fantasy movies.

TheMutt92

RedeemedChild said:
I sincerely don't know what Hollywood will do now that Harry Potter is coming to an end and once the Hobbit and Pirates of the Caribbean is over I don't know what they are gonna do in the way of fantasy movies.

Actually create original material.

Dr Bones

Toy Story was a giant leap for animated films and I can't fault it. The acclaim and success are testimony to that beyond anything I could spout here on a forum.

Then they made a bunch of other movies, which are mostly very good or even great.

But because Toy Story was so good, people inevitably compare and put the others in the shadow of the "original". People also fear what might be done to a film or characters they have become attached to and so want to keep it "mint in box" instead of risking letting those with the magic do their thing.

Toy Story 2 and 3 are excellent IMO. Heck, they could have just fired out some half baked sequels to cash in as many other successful franchises have done. But no, they treated their baby right and gave the fans a great trilogy that kids of all ages will enjoy for years to come. Modern day classics.

So, sure they could do 4 and if they do great, if not 3 was a great ending.

If they can keep up the standard, there will be a lot of happy eager fans waiting in line behind me, and probably everyone else posting in here.

To infinity and beyond! (y)

Lets bring some Indiana Jones to this lame thread...

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ml91CojlsXg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>