How do you watch the Indy trilogy?.

fatima

Finally, I got some time for reply to this topic!
Well, I try to watch Indy movies alone, it's a private moment for me and it's mine, I want to pay attention to all the details (even knowing I've watched them over than 20 times each...but they are precious to me!) so in case I've some Indy/Harrison fan with me I also don't mind, plus I think it can be much more interesting then!!! ;)

matthiassatlure

I find it easier to watch them by myself, because most people get fed up with me, because I constantly say the lines out loud. Also, I tend to rewatch parts I like (like the truck chase in Raiders) over and over again, the longest being ten times in a row...

The_Raiders

I prefer to watch them by myself, (becasue I'm the only one I know who really likes the movies) , with a bag of chips :cool:

deckard24

I'm usually a by myself watcher as well! My sister( who grew up with me watching them over and over) will watch them with me on occasion. It's kind of a personal thing I guess, because no one I know shares the same level of excitement for the films. I just got my folks to watch Raiders and LC recently, and they really enjoyed them. They probabaly only saw them once before in the 80's, so for them it was like watching them for the first time again. They're both very excited for KOTCS now, so I've got some converts under my belt!LOL

Lao Che Pun

This thread will sound like a broken record if I say that I watch them by myself, but the honest truth is that I'm sure we stand out in society by wanting to watch any film more than 2-3 times...let alone 500 like some.

I like to watch Last Crusade and venture out to my kitchen to fetch a Diet Coke like the legendary Diet Coke Indiana Jones commerical. Does anyone remember that one?

ReggieSnake

My oldest sister likes the movies, so she watches them with me sometimes; my other siblings, however, usually would rather watch something else.
I sometimes drag friends over to watch them, though none of them are nearly as enthusiastic as I am about them. Then, of course too I tend to drive anyone who's around me nuts talking about KotCS, and how long it is till it comes out etc.:rolleyes:(Or Young Indy trivia as of late(y) )

What generally happens is that I watch them alone, I kinda like it that way. Waiting a few months in between views keeps them fresh: I haven't watched the trilogy since November.

The_Raiders

ReggieSnake said:
My oldest sister likes the movies, so she watches them with me sometimes; my other siblings, however, usually would rather watch something else.
I sometimes drag friends over to watch them, though none of them are nearly as enthusiastic as I am about them. Then, of course too I tend to drive anyone who's around me nuts talking about KotCS, and how long it is till it comes out etc.:rolleyes:(Or Young Indy trivia as of late(y) )

What generally happens is that I watch them alone, I kinda like it that way. Waiting a few months in between views keeps them fresh: I haven't watched the trilogy since November.

Yeah i know what that's like. I'v somehow managed to get each DVD from the trilogy on with my friends but they're never interested in the movie right at a very important part they want to go eat or a cat or dog comes up so they want to pet it, very frustratin :rolleyes:

Darth Vile

Similar to my Star Wars watching habits, I have an agreeable partner... and whilst it woudn't be her first choice, she quite enjoys sitting through an Indiana Jones movie every few months (even on a rotation of just 3 movies). Any more frequent than that, I'll just lock myself away in the TV room and watch them myself with a couple of beers...

Hedwig

I watch the trilogy by myself but if I have to watch it with someone it would be my dad. Actually the very first time I watched it was with my parents. My dad really understands what entertainment is about and agrees with me on the fact that Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of the best films ever made. I also watch the trilogy when I'm sick and alone at home. When my folks come home and they ask what have I done while they were gone I answer: "Nothing" and smile mysteriously... Later my sister asks did I watch the trilogy and I admit. Almost the perfect crime...:cool:

Gary2880

Originally Posted by The_Raiders
I prefer to watch them by myself, (becasue I'm the only one I know who really likes the movies) , with a bag of chips

Same here.

Willing to bet you both mean crisps not chips :D damn yankees! :p

I tend to watch last crusade most, then raiders then once in a blue moon ill watch temple, sadly there is just not much i like about temple at all really. the opening is cool up until the plane crash n all but the little kids just get on my nerves.

but yeah, um, on my own i guess, a lazy sunday or saturday evening. either with a mcdonalds or with some crisps

Michael24

Most of my Indy Trilogy viewings have been with my parents. Growing up, we only had either just one TV or only one TV with the VCR hooked up to it. Several times a month we'd have a "Family Movie Night," and many times the choice was one of the Indy films.

In recent years, I've mostly watched them by myself since I now have a TV/VCR for myself in the upstairs spare room. But when the DVDs first came out, we spent three nights watching all three movies as a family since it had been maybe several years since we'd all last watched them together. Nowadays my parents hardly ever time to just drop what they're doing and watch a movie like we used to, so a lot of movies I end up just watching on my own.

The_Raiders

Gary2880 said:
Willing to bet you both mean crisps not chips :D damn yankees! :p

I tend to watch last crusade most, then raiders then once in a blue moon ill watch temple, sadly there is just not much i like about temple at all really. the opening is cool up until the plane crash n all but the little kids just get on my nerves.

but yeah, um, on my own i guess, a lazy sunday or saturday evening. either with a mcdonalds or with some crisps

Ok, crisps :rolleyes: The only people who ever watch Indy with me (or want to watch it with me) are my little cousins, which makes it hard becasue they like to repeat lines and stuff like that, I never say that it can bother me becasue theres at least some people other than me who want to watch it. I'm gonna try to drag a friend or two to the theatre to see KOTCS, but I'll be like the only one interested :whip:

Canyon

Wow, I didn't realise that this thread had been resurrected.

Great to hear your replies guys. (y)

Fantasmic17

Canyon said:
I'm just waiting for someone to reply with "Why, with my eyes, of course." :rolleyes:

How do you watch the triolgy? Is it always with friends, family or just by yourself?

For me, it's usually just good old Canyon. Believe it or not, I have never, ever watch these films with my family (I don't even think that they've even seen all of them) and I have never seen them with friends. To me, it's kind of a personal thing and for the most part, at least, it has always been that way.

I have occasionally seen the films with my other half, which starts of okay, but can be a bit of a nightmare as he he knows how much I like Indy and sometimes he'll start making sarky comments about Indy etc. :mad:

I am interested in hearing your replies. ;)

I know what you feel like. I typically like watching these movies with just me, myself and I (or with someone who hasn't seen them before). Otherwise, the other watcher just doesn't understand.