Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 05-21-2007, 06:35 PM   #51
Antonicont
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by romantico
Seems much of the story will delve from Erich von Däniken's 1968 novel Chariots of the Gods?"

I don't like the idea of lil' green aliens messing around with Indy. I've always tought the alien stuff was a cheap way to cover a general lack of good ideas, even if my optimism is kept alive by the good use of extraterrestrial topics in early Spielberg's flicks (Close Encounters of the Third Kind; E.T.). I think the ancient religious artifacts are way more fascinating, basically 'cause they involve the deepest of human beliefs, Faith. However, an inflated use of religious stuff may become redundant. So, my hope is that, if aliens are really involved, their role will be kept to the end of the movie, when the mistery has to be solved (à la Raiders of the Lost Ark, like someone else rightly noticed before).

P.S.: Ehm, at least the supposed source of inspiration is an award-winner. Just type Erich von Däniken here, and see what happens...
Antonicont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:18 PM   #52
The Professor
IndyFan

I'm not sure about all this alien stuff, but I wouldn't mind seeing it in the teaser alone. In other words, that could be the wrap-up story from the first few minutes of the movie, but the main plot involves something else.
The Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:04 AM   #53
MsIndy07
IndyFan

Indy The Title

I know IMDB.com isn't usually the best source for spoilers, but can anyone tell me if ths is true or not.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367882/board/nest/74548898
MsIndy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:17 AM   #54
Moedred
Administrator

Just tell us what it is. I'm not going to register at IMDb.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:40 AM   #55
Finn

Nothing shocking...

The thread reports it as "City of the Gods". Shot down already.

And again, with no better source than this, this should be in the thread dedicated for these junk sources. Merged.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:00 PM   #56
MsIndy07
IndyFan

Thanks! I sounded pretty good though. Better the "Indiana Jones and the lost aliens of Area 51"
Old 05-22-2007, 04:31 PM   #57
scifiwolf
IndyFan

Wow. I just saw the news from CHUD. Coupled with the news of filming in New Mexico, it sounds like it might be legit. When I posted this storyline almost a month ago, I didn't actually expect to hit so close to the mark. Kinda hate the rumor about Shia playing a greaser. Oh well...
scifiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:46 PM   #58
The Whip
IndyFan

I think that an alien story has potential. Especially if its more Close Encounters than Independance Day.

I also think it may be a good thing if it drops everybody's expectations a notch or two.
The Whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:57 PM   #59
Rae-deemer
IndyFan

Is there any chance that these stories about crystal skulls are fake? Maybe created by Spielberg and Lucas to throw off the scent a bit. God I hope so.
Rae-deemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:07 PM   #60
ElsaFan
IndyFan

What are crystal skulls?
ElsaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:08 PM   #61
San Holo
IndyFan

Ya can't have Indy find the Lost Ark and the cup of Christ, then say that the divine origins of these objects came not from God, but rather creatures from outer space. FN lame-Have Lucas and Spielberg became Scientologists?
San Holo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:03 PM   #62
effin
IndyFan

you don't know that's how they will explain things.
effin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:27 PM   #63
Shortie
IndyFan

I like the idea of Indy II (as I call him) & Indy finding out, dramatically, of their relationship together.
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:02 PM   #64
Indy1986
IndyFan

let's just trust Spielberg! i mean they know what they are doing
though i am not thrilled about the alien idea
i wish i could resist reading those damn spoilers....just to hard no i have to worry about aliens
Indy1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:20 PM   #65
00Kevin
Indyfan

this scenarios is very interesting

I was never a big fun of the alien plot, but the way it was presented sounds, well...interesting
00Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:07 AM   #66
MsIndy07
IndyFan

No aliens...PLEASE no aliens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 09:58 AM   #67
Zorg
IndyFan

Keep it cool, people! There won't be aliens, not in the sense you're thinking of now. Read the news on CHUD carefully...

And: please, just don't judge this before we've seen the film!
Zorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:46 PM   #68
Finn

You know... something about this still sounds somewhat shifty. I can't quite place my finger on it, but there's something... (or then it will get all very clear once we get more info on this).

Hey, here's a thought for you: What if this all is simply another layer of smoke and mirrors? I mean, they're knowingly letting out some bogus story that will give the media and fans something to gnaw on while they keep working with the real McCoy?

They did it with Return of the Jedi...
Old 05-24-2007, 01:50 PM   #69
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
You know... something about this still sounds somewhat shifty. I can't quite place my finger on it, but there's something... (or then it will get all very clear once we get more info on this).

Hey, here's a thought for you: What if this all is simply another layer of smoke and mirrors? I mean, they're knowingly letting out some bogus story that will give the media and fans something to gnaw on while they keep working with the real McCoy?

They did it with Return of the Jedi...

I wouldn't be surprised. Nothing's really a spoiler anyway until its officially confirmed.
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:51 PM   #70
Moedred
Administrator

Spielberg's people crafted an intricate alternative relaity game for AI called the Beast. A fraction of this effort could give us the runaround for a year. Especially if there's no coherent plot to craft. It would be nice if there was one though. Reports of glowing skulls spooking the crew at night, etc, then a crystal-skull-free movie next May.

Blue Harvest and the Beast were simple and elaborate lies, both forgivable. I wonder what's next?
Old 05-29-2007, 01:51 PM   #71
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

A poster from Indylounge.com claims to have insider knowledge of Indy 4 filming in
New Mexico

Here's what he said (take this with a grain of salt):

"OK...so I was horseback riding at my friend's HUGE ranch here outside of Las Cruces, New Mexico, and I saw some trucks and workers out in the distance. I asked what it was all about and Billy (the ranch owner) told me, "Oh that's just a Spielberg movie set being erected. They are paramount workers and the movie is going to shoot on or around June 26-27th. The movie is set in the 1950's and it's going to star Harrison Ford."
:-/ ???
"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME EARLIER!!!!" :-X :-X
So I have a bit of inside info. One of which is a disappointing spoiler. Read on if you dare......
The ranch is a HUGE landscape of mountains as far as the eye can see. Billy, the owner, told me that they had showed him a painting of a couple of buildings side by side with a long fence and period cars and motorcycles parked there. **HERE'S the PROBLEM they are erecting a LAUNCH PAD!!!! ** There will also be a huge skid mark in the land that is supposed to be a crash site. So I guess the alien rumors are true, stupid as it sounds. I saw the guys who are erecting the set drive by. Before leaving almost as quickly as they came, they dropped off a case of beer to Billy and explained to him that they are feeling enormous pressure from paramount to keep quiet so they could no longer discuss the project. There is one guard there that stays at the shooting site 24/7 and sleeps in his car. Billy told me that they are also shooting at the Deming Air strip and commute an hour to his ranch every day!. Apparently a man was tossed off the property after taking pictures recently. This is all I know fellas. I feel kind of bad about posting it in the first place. I'm not sure if I should post this else ware. I'll take your advice and maybe it would be best to delete this whole thing. Let me know."
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 02:22 PM   #72
San Holo
IndyFan

Sounds like complete and utter BS from the get go. This bumpkin cowpoke refers to the shoot as "just a Spielberg movie with some guy named Harrison Ford" ..that's all I need to hear to dismiss this one.
San Holo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 02:55 PM   #73
Finn

Yeah, I second that. The way this guy tells his supposed "backstory" makes me think that he couldn't even point New Mexico on the map.

By the way, as we already are in the spoiler forum there's no need to blacken out the text anymore. Thanks for picking the right thread on the fly though.

Besides, to point out another inconsistency, if it's supposed to be a big secret, how does the cattleherd know what he knows? I guess they can tell (or he can make an educated guess) that they're erecting a movie set, but to drop off the rest of the beans that can make any person with enough knowledge add up one plus one so that this guy can blurt it out at the local roadhouse Saturday night... yeah, right.

Last edited by Finn : 05-29-2007 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:07 PM   #74
Moedred
Administrator

I never know posting the Saucer Men script would lead to so much wonderful disinformation!

Here's another thing:
I never noticed how... dirty smilies looked in the dark.
Maybe it's just me.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:29 AM   #75
MsIndy07
IndyFan

Anyone hear anything about this?....

http://imdb.com/name/nm0462895/board/nest/67639155

I doubt it, just want to see if anyone else had heard about this comment:

"He announced that there would be a pirahnna (sp? (Mean Fish, in case my spelling is so appauling you can't tell.) scene."