Indy 4 Blu-ray DVD

indyclone25

Johan said:
I don't know if anyone actually gave a day for the release..but I found this: NOV 11
http://www.themovieblog.com/2008/07...f-the-crystal-skull-dvd-release-november-11th

well it should be annouced when and what of the release of kotcs in just a weeek or so---- then people can decide what needs to be bought or not -- i personally will wait on buying a blu-ray player for at least another year , i am not gonna pay four hundred dollars for a player --thats' just insane , i have seen the trilogy on a blu ray player at my friends house and granted they did look and sound good ---but they look a sound just as good on my dvd player and my 32 inch tv . i do want to buy a flatscreen by years end ,tho -- i may be a bit cheap but , dammit, i'm still a man and i need my electronic toys ---lol

Darth Vile

indyclone25 said:
well it should be annouced when and what of the release of kotcs in just a weeek or so---- then people can decide what needs to be bought or not -- i personally will wait on buying a blu-ray player for at least another year , i am not gonna pay four hundred dollars for a player --thats' just insane , i have seen the trilogy on a blu ray player at my friends house and granted they did look and sound good ---but they look a sound just as good on my dvd player and my 32 inch tv . i do want to buy a flatscreen by years end ,tho -- i may be a bit cheap but , dammit, i'm still a man and i need my electronic toys ---lol

Blu-Ray is worth investing in if you have the set up i.e. the other equipment to sit along side it. I invested in a Blu-Ray player a few months back (the new Panasonic), and the difference in quality is quite apparent as long as you are watching through a HD plasma and have a good audio set up. Well worth the investment (and they look great too). (y)

The Man

Darth Vile said:
Blu-Ray is worth investing in if you have the set up i.e. the other equipment to sit along side it. I invested in a Blu-Ray player a few months back (the new Panasonic), and the difference in quality is quite apparent as long as you are watching through a HD plasma and have a good audio set up. Well worth the investment (and they look great too). (y)

Are you Region 2? Is the Panasonic region-free?

They should package the discs in an ultimate collectors edition lead-lined refrigerator box set along with an exclusive plush gopher.

bonoferox

Specs and Art

kingcrystalr1artworkpic2.jpg

kingcrystalr1artworkpic6.jpg

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: 2-Disc Special Edition

Disc One

? The Return of a Legend?The evolution of the new film and a tribute to the legendary hero and his creators.
? Pre-Production?Follows Steven Spielberg as he creates animatic sequences, Shia LaBeouf as he learns to swordfight and captures the reunion of filmmakers and cast on the soundstage.

Disc Two

? Production Diary: Making Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
- Shooting Begins: New Mexico
- Back To School: New Haven, Connecticut
- Welcome to the Jungle: Hilo, Hawaii
- On-Set Action
- Exploring Akator
- Wrapping Up!
? Warrior Makeup
? The Crystal Skulls
? Iconic Props
? The Effects of Indy
? Adventures in Post Production
? Closing: Team Indy
? Pre-Visualization Sequences
- Area 51 Escape
- Jungle Chase
- Ants Attack
? Galleries
? The Art Department
- The Adventure Begins
- Cemetery and Jungle
- Akator
? Stan Winston Studio
- Corpses, Skeletons & Mummies
- Aliens & Crystal Skulls
? Production Photographs
? Portraits
? Behind-the-Scenes Photographs

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: Blu-ray

Disc One

? Indiana Jones Timelines
- Story Timeline: Showcases the key events of the ?Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? storyline.
- Production Timeline: A Making-of chronology for ?Kingdom of the Crystal Skull?.
- Historical Timeline: Dives into the real-world historical influences
? The Return of a Legend
? Pre-Production

Disc 2:

? Production Diary:
- Shooting Begins: New Mexico (HD)
- Back To School: New Haven, Connecticut (HD)
- Welcome to the Jungle: Hilo, Hawaii (HD)
- On-Set Action (HD)
- Exploring Akator (HD)
- Wrapping Up! (HD)
? Warrior Makeup (HD)
? The Crystal Skulls (HD)
? Iconic Props (HD)
? The Effects of Indy (HD)
? Adventures in Post Production (HD)
? Closing: Team Indy (HD)
- Area 51 Escape (HD)
- Jungle Chase (HD)
- Ants Attack (HD)
? Galleries
? The Art Department
- The Adventure Begins
- Cemetery and Jungle
- Akator
? Stan Winston Studio
? Production Photographs
? Portraits

indyclone25

heres what comingsoon.net had to say--------------
paramount pictures has announced that Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull will hit DVD and Blu-ray Disc on October 14. Here is the full press release:

The highest-grossing installment of the phenomenally popular adventure franchise, with more than $770 million at the global box office, Paramount Pictures and Lucasfilm Ltd.'s Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull will make its highly anticipated debut on DVD and Blu-ray October 14.

Released by Lucasfilm Ltd. and Paramount Home Entertainment, the film will be available as a two-disc Special Edition DVD and Blu-ray loaded with spectacular bonus features that allow viewers to accompany the filmmakers and cast on a fascinating journey behind-the-scenes of this modern classic.

Directed by Steven Spielberg and produced by Frank Marshall, with George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy as executive producers, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is the newest adventure in the phenomenally successful INDIANA JONES series, which has earned six Academy Awards® and over $2 billion worldwide.

Set in 1957, the film stars Harrison Ford, Cate Blanchett, Karen Allen, Shia LaBeouf, Ray Winstone and John Hurt, following Indy on a perilous adventure to find the coveted Crystal Skull of Akator. From the ivy-covered halls of Marshall College to the verdant jungles of South America, Indy is relentlessly pursued by sinister Soviet agents who will stop at nothing to get their hands on the eerie object of fascination.

The two-disc Special Edition DVD and Blu-ray presentations feature hours of new content that opens up the world of Indiana Jones as never before through in-depth footage of Steven Spielberg and his cast and crew at work. From Shia LaBeouf's training to become a master swordsman to Harrison Ford's reunion with his fedora, whip...and Karen Allen as Marion Ravenwood, viewers will play witness to the magic of cinema's greatest action-adventure hero's triumphant return to the big screen, as well as the of the extraordinary work of legendary artists who brought Indy's latest thrilling adventure to life.

In addition, all four INDIANA JONES films will be showcased in the quintessential Indiana Jones collection entitled The Complete Adventure Collection, which will include the first three films plus the two-disc Special Edition DVD of the latest installment.

Last edited:

agentsands77

bonoferox said:
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: 2-Disc Special Edition

Disc One

? The Return of a Legend?The evolution of the new film and a tribute to the legendary hero and his creators.
? Pre-Production?Follows Steven Spielberg as he creates animatic sequences, Shia LaBeouf as he learns to swordfight and captures the reunion of filmmakers and cast on the soundstage.

Disc Two

? Production Diary: Making Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
- Shooting Begins: New Mexico
- Back To School: New Haven, Connecticut
- Welcome to the Jungle: Hilo, Hawaii
- On-Set Action
- Exploring Akator
- Wrapping Up!
? Warrior Makeup
? The Crystal Skulls
? Iconic Props
? The Effects of Indy
? Adventures in Post Production
? Closing: Team Indy
- Area 51 Escape
- Jungle Chase
- Ants Attack
? Galleries
? The Art Department
- The Adventure Begins
- Cemetery and Jungle
- Akator
? Stan Winston Studio
? Production Photographs
? Portraits
That's a solid amount of special features. I'll be interested to see what comments are there. I wish we were getting a commentary track, though.

Rhys135

Great! Only a good 2 months away. So I'm guessing we shall be seeing this in the UK either on October 13th or 20th, seeing as DVDs are released on Mondays here.

Wonder if the limited efition Crystal Skull replica DVD set, will be released over here aswell.

The Man

Rhys135 said:
Great! Only a good 2 months away. So I'm guessing we shall be seeing this in the UK either on October 13th or 20th, seeing as DVDs are released on Mondays here.

Wonder if the limited efition Crystal Skull replica DVD set, will be released over here aswell.

Is the Blu-Ray Region 2 aswell?

indyclone25

i'm going to buy the movie with the skull, i'm guessing that should be around $49.99 -------- but if i buy the four disc set that will cost about $79.99 ----but i already have the 2003 and 2008 versions of the trilogy, ---------also, i'm just guessing here , so don't take it as the set price .

or--- maybe the skull will be only sold with the four disc set? nah they already said it came with just the two disc version , didn't they?