Should Henry Jones Sr., Sallah, Shorty, or Willie have been in KOTCS?

Which one would you have liked seen in KOTCS

• Total voters

DocWhiskey

Short Round was basically Indy's son, he should have been invited. Then we could've had the possibility of a Short Round/ Mutt fist fight. Shorty would totally kick Mutt's ass. He knows kung fu.

Raiders90

The only ones who should've been at the wedding were Sallah and Shorty. Willie doesn't cut it because in all honesty, would any of you invite a girl you had a fling with 22 years ago to your wedding?

They could've pulled a King's Quest II and had all of the movie's villains (and the villains of the previous movies) and major characters appear at the wedding regardless of whether they were dead or alive.

foreignerfred

For the same reason I don't want to see Mutt or Marion along for the ride in Indy V, I say no to most of these because they've played out their purpose for the series (and yes, I mean Connery too). Out of all of these there's always more you could do on some level with Shorty or Sallah (beloved supporting cast!!!).

Raiders90

foreignerfred said:
For the same reason I don't want to see Mutt or Marion along for the ride in Indy V, I say no to most of these because they've played out their purpose for the series (and yes, I mean Connery too). Out of all of these there's always more you could do on some level with Shorty or Sallah (beloved supporting cast!!!).

But Short Round and Sallah only knew Indy from his other life, his adventuring life. I mean, Sallah didn't even know Indy's real name after how many years of knowing him until LC?

fixer79

It would've been nice to see at least some of 'em at the wedding.
At the wedding scene, I peered my eyes out trying to spot a past trilogy cameo, but nothing...

Special Edition, George?

:p

|ZiR|

I pretend that Dean Stanforth's wife Deidre is Willie in the wedding scene. She has a passing enough resemblance to the character for me to take my little fanboy delusion and wrap it snug around me like a blanket.

As much as I disliked the Saucer Men From Mars wedding, it was the perfect excuse for former acquaintances to make an appearence, even if they didn't have a speaking role.

And did anyone else notice that we only see the brides side of the pews? I presume the grooms side was empty, but you never know...

Grizzlor

Connery was offered a role, but declined. It would have been nice to see some of Indy's past friends at his wedding, but what if it was done "shotgun," not much time for Short Round or Sallah to get there. I was glad not to see Willie at all.

StoneTriple

AHegele said:
we didn't need anymore trips down memory lane.

+1

To me, next to the the stupidness of the alien invasion in Saucermen, all the past characters being at the wedding was really bad. That's what happens when Lucas isn't kept in check. Fortunately, he was.

Last edited:

Rayder

Sallah
-Henery Jones, too old
-Willie-too annoying
-Short Round-shouldn't he have his own life by now

FansinceRaiders

I would've liked to have seen Henry Sr in there somewhere. Having him watch as his son tries to deal with having a son. I don't like or understand how they could've had him pass away, though. Didn't he drink from the cup in Last Crusade? That meant eternal life, right? For that matter, Indy drank from it first and has grey hair in this movie...HUH??

Grimezy

FansinceRaiders said:
I would've liked to have seen Henry Sr in there somewhere. Having him watch as his son tries to deal with having a son. I don't like or understand how they could've had him pass away, though. Didn't he drink from the cup in Last Crusade? That meant eternal life, right? For that matter, Indy drank from it first and has grey hair in this movie...HUH??

That's what i've been thinking for awhile, did they just completely remove this factor from KOTCS? It's been annoying me for quite a while.

Aggie Crusade

Sallah should have been in place instead of Mac, with Sallah remaining a good guy. Indy was digging in Mexico when he was picked up by the Soviets so it would have made sense for him to use Sallah down there.

Blade

Nobody with any credibility should have been in this film and it was a masterstroke by Connery to pass on it.

MonarchOfTheSea

Grimezy said:
That's what i've been thinking for awhile, did they just completely remove this factor from KOTCS? It's been annoying me for quite a while.

They would only be immortal if they had stayed in the Grail temple. But silly old Elsa had to take the Grail past the seal & cause the temple to fall apart! :( So, when they left the place, they were no longer immortal.