What are you not a fan of?

NYCGoldenIdol

Indy Pendant said:
I hate some of the things I like, come to think of it.

Oh by the way, about those jetergirls and red sox girls, many of them make other female sports fans look shallow. Okay, I knew this one jetergirl(who is such a cheesy ass teenybopper and pisser) who became a baseball fan in 2000 just because Mark Mulder(now with the Cardinals) was a hot piece of ass(as well as the Yankees being such an victorious team. Can I say BANDWAGONER!!!!!)...and that she would call him, Derek Jeter and my fave Tino Martinez her husbands. Pathetic(n) Her girlfriends were all the same, too. NEVER discussed how well their favorite players played the game. Sad, isn't it.

I felt I didn't belong in their circle....and thank God I have left for good:)

And those pink caps and jerseys make me cringe. Sadly, my sister owns one:(

Last edited:

Indy Pendant

Gaaah! I HATE PINK-WEARING "SPORTS FANS!!!" They make me so incensed that I sign back on to the board to talk about how much I hate them even though it is 2:something am. I don't mind people who wear women's-sized shirts, though. If you want something that's fitted, go for it. And there's nothing wrong with discussing hot players as long as you know why people who aren't attracted to them can like them too. Or, in my case, I love this one soccer player because he's 3,000 kinds of hot, but he's forgotten how to score so I don't think he's good. Thing I'm not a fan of: Cristiano Ronaldo. Yuck.

To "prove my worth" as a sports fan, I understand the infield fly rule and the offside rule in soccer, and my favorite basketball defense is the box-and-one (college dontchaknow).

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
|ZiR| said:
Yeah but are they hot desperate 30 somethings? Just kidding! :p

Seriously though, while I see where you're coming from, I can't really blame the dudes for trying. You're an attractive young thing at club. People go to clubs to hook up and network. Who knows? Maybe you're simply a magnet for older men. I say go with it and find yourself a sugar daddy, tout de suite!

Another pet peeve:
Heterosexual women going to gay clubs. :mad:

If they were hot, I wouldn't have a problem, would I? ;) Funny, a gay friend of mine said the same! I don't mind a few years older like 25 (25 is a good age actually), I just don't like guys who 10 years older, creepy and very drunk.

MaxPhactor23

Anyone that actually believes Fox news to be fair and balanced.

Anyone that denies Global Warming.

Anyone that feels environmentalism is pointless.

That very small percentage of people that still like Bush…for some ridiculous reason or another.

Religious extremists. Add to that anyone that push's their religion on me...especially before lunch time. Don't wake me up to tell me that I'm living my life wrong!!!

Judgmental human beings that base their entire opinion of someone off of how they look and/or racists/bigots/sexists.

Homophobes! Though they do make me laugh.

Anyone that thinks I'm Satanic because I'm Agnostic. Hah! Way off there!

Someone that can never admit they were wrong.

People that spread misinformation and/or anyone with a below average IQ score. Tack on to that anyone that believes anything they’re told.

Anyone that actually wears or flies the confederate flag. You lost! Now get over it red necks. The “hippie liberals” kicked your ass.

Gun toting NRA members.

Anyone that seems to feel you can only be a hero by joining the military.

Anyone that feels you must be liberal or conservative and refuses to see that some are middle ground. I can totally tollerate a difference of opinion, but don't be a jerk about it, otherwise I'll snap.

I suppose I could sum all the former up in one big “I hate conservatives/republicans” category.

Star Trek! I so much as glance at it and I feel as if I won’t have sex for months.

Is it me or is Steven King really not that great? Yah I know...I'm probably the only one. I just think his horror is usually horrible and not in the good way. Hah! I don't get how he's known for his horror works when his drama is five times better.

Anyone that legitimately thought the Star Wars prequels were flawless. That is absurd. I don't hate them for their opinion on something as trivial as a film, but I'm darn right going to debate it.

Mindless zombie Lucas drones.

Yuppies that drink Starbucks!

Dirty cops! Some of the scum of the Earth.

I instantly cannot date anyone that claims they don’t enjoy reading. I can’t be with someone that doesn’t appreciate learning.

Anyone that feels smoking is the biggest sin on this planet. Sheesh! Today’s smokers are treated like the Nazi Gestapo.

Slasher films! A twelve year old could write a better movie.

I like some anime…but lord is it overrated. It’s not the second coming! I just don’t get how every artist must now draw in some sort of Japanese medium to be successful.

Legitimate Ancient Astronaut theorists and/or anyone that falls for this stuff.

Pushy vegetarians. I don't have an inherent problem with vegetarianism, I’ve even been vegetarian for a period of my life, but don’t force something down my throat. So I like a burger every once in a while. So sue me!

That reminds me, anyone that sues at the drop of a hat!

PETA members! I’m all for animal rights…but they’re freaking terrorists. Today’s society goes too far with the animal abuse issues. In today’s world it’s more of a crime to kill a tiger then your own parents. Pretty soon walking your dog on a hot summers day will be considered animal abuse. When did it become terrible to let your animal be an animal? Seems like they like it to me!

Last edited:

Benraianajones

Same, I don't like Star Trek. Always bothered me how every "alien" race stands upright like a human and speaks "basic" - ie: English.

MaxPhactor23

Benraianajones said:
Same, I don't like Star Trek. Always bothered me how every "alien" race stands upright like a human and speaks "basic" - ie: English.

I've never understood it either. I've tried to watch it before. I've tried to be open-minded with it. I just can?t get into it. It?s horribly boring to me. The Trekkies always claim it?s more about character development. I get that entirely. I'm all about character development. But there is a way to make that entertaining. Star Trek does not do that in my opinion! I?d rather read the phone book and dictionary!

Benraianajones

Violet Indy said:
Do you know how depressing it is, having desperate 30 somethings hit on you and you're only 19 and even when you tell them that they continue?

What would you do if it was Indiana Jones approaching you...?!:p

Benraianajones

MaxPhactor23 said:
I've never understood it either. I've tried to watch it before. I've tried to be open-minded with it. I just can?t get into it. It?s horribly boring to me. The Trekkies always claim it?s more about character development. I get that entirely. I'm all about character development. But there is a way to make that entertaining. Star Trek does not do that in my opinion! I?d rather read the phone book and dictionary!

Agreed, I saw one episode and this man and and woman sat at a table, having some romantic kind of date. Saw no space action in the episode at all. It was like watching a soap - based in space.

Agent Z

Violet Indy said:
If they were hot, I wouldn't have a problem, would I? ;) Funny, a gay friend of mine said the same! I don't mind a few years older like 25 (25 is a good age actually), I just don't like guys who 10 years older, creepy and very drunk.

As you get older, you will realize just how creepy and desperate people can be at any age, especially when alcohol is involved. ;)

Also, you will realize just the silly dynamic of the life experience that is people who go clubbing and then complain/wonder about why they seem to meet all these strange annoying drunk people. :p

Katarn07

Harry Potter (I don't HATE it or think it's evil, but it is overrated)
Lost
Heroes
American Idol (and pretty much all TV of this lame style)
Celebrities doing stupid things and everyone following their lives constantly
MTV, HGTV and TLC
Starbucks
NFL fanatics (seriously, I don't get the obsession people have over the sport)
Chicago White Sox
Chicago White Sox fans :p

There's a ton more. I'd agree with a lot on |ZiR|'s list though not all of them.

World of Warcraft and all online gaming, all very evil stuff. Destroys lives...
Magic cards same reason

That's a very ignorant thing to say, though you don't mention ignorant people in your list so I can't fault you for that :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Lonsome Indy

someone said it earlier before and it makes a good point: bullies.

i can not stand any type of them. my sister was tormented by these children, especially this one girl, all school year long. she had to go to the office numerous times and even had a conference between this girl to tell her to leave her alone. and you know what? the little, pardon my french, b**** kept doing it.

these were pretty idiotic insults too. they couldnt understand why my sister liked sports. they said that she needed to dress preppier, which why should she listen to them? if shes fine the way she is, then shes fine. i felt bad for her too. she had never been bullied or picked on before and when she came to middle school her life seemed to go to hell.

oh and heres a little note as to how this girl works, she didnt even know what microscopic means.

obviously this kid is a spoiled ignorant girl who thinks if she can belittle someone it will make her feel better and cool. i cant wait till shes in high school, by how that the sure changes.

Hawkeye

George "Dubya" Bush

Britney Spears

Rap

Rappers

"Gangstas"

Racists

Rednecks

Racist Rednecks

Hippie tree-hugging environmentalists who act like they want to f**k Mother Nature

Nazis

Religious extremists who think you're pure evil if you don't believe in their God

People who hate KISS

The Rolling Stones

Death Metal

People who jump on the bandwagon to make themselves look "cool"

Stevie Nicks

Fleetwood Mac

Preppie teenagers whose noses are stuck so far up in the air that they think
they're better than everybody else

The Chronicles of Narnia

Animal Abusers

NYCGoldenIdol

Indy Pendant said:
Gaaah! I HATE PINK-WEARING "SPORTS FANS!!!" They make me so incensed that I sign back on to the board to talk about how much I hate them even though it is 2:something am. I don't mind people who wear women's-sized shirts, though. If you want something that's fitted, go for it. And there's nothing wrong with discussing hot players as long as you know why people who aren't attracted to them can like them too. Or, in my case, I love this one soccer player because he's 3,000 kinds of hot, but he's forgotten how to score so I don't think he's good. Thing I'm not a fan of: Cristiano Ronaldo. Yuck.

To "prove my worth" as a sports fan, I understand the infield fly rule and the offside rule in soccer, and my favorite basketball defense is the box-and-one (college dontchaknow).

No, don't get me wrong. I agree that it's nothing wrong talking about how players are hot but what I was trying to say that what these girls were doing was going way overboard. They didn't seem to care how these players performed on the field. If you are going to be a true sportsfan then you have to pay alot of attention to the game not only how hot the guy is.

I thought Tino Martinez was a hottie(and still is;) ) as well but I also followed his day by day stats on the field. I remember my college roommates picking on me for it because they saw how much of a die-hard Tino and Yankees fan I was:D

Tino is retired now (I miss watching him play the game)and coaching for his brother-in-laws baseball team for the University of Florida. Hopefully, he'll play ball at Old-Timers day at Yankee Stadium in the future...or even coach for the Yankees.

Yeah, and I also like the former Yankee, Ted Lilly. He now pitches for the Chicago Cubs. I have met the guy a couple years ago and he seemed pretty cool.

Last edited:

NYCGoldenIdol

Hawkeye said:
George "Dubya" Bush

Britney Spears

Rap

Rappers

"Gangstas"

Racists

Rednecks

Racist Rednecks

Hippie tree-hugging environmentalists who act like they want to f**k Mother Nature

Nazis

Religious extremists who think you're pure evil if you don't believe in their God

People who hate KISS

The Rolling Stones

Death Metal

People who jump on the bandwagon to make themselves look "cool"

Stevie Nicks

Fleetwood Mac

Preppie teenagers whose noses are stuck so far up in the air that they think
they're better than everybody else

The Chronicles of Narnia

Animal Abusers

I can't stand Britney, rednecks, preppies(especially those who jump on the bandwagon and think they're hot ****), and new school rappers myself. But I do like Fleetwood Mac and the Rolling Stones.

NYCGoldenIdol

Lonsome Indy said:
someone said it earlier before and it makes a good point: bullies.

i can not stand any type of them. my sister was tormented by these children, especially this one girl, all school year long. she had to go to the office numerous times and even had a conference between this girl to tell her to leave her alone. and you know what? the little, pardon my french, b**** kept doing it.

these were pretty idiotic insults too. they couldnt understand why my sister liked sports. they said that she needed to dress preppier, which why should she listen to them? if shes fine the way she is, then shes fine. i felt bad for her too. she had never been bullied or picked on before and when she came to middle school her life seemed to go to hell.

oh and heres a little note as to how this girl works, she didnt even know what microscopic means.

obviously this kid is a spoiled ignorant girl who thinks if she can belittle someone it will make her feel better and cool. i cant wait till shes in high school, by how that the sure changes.

I remember that whole preppy soccer clique when I was in high school during the early
90's. They thought that they were the hottest crowd in school when deep down they weren't. I couldn't stand them, not only that they were so preppy but they were just completely stuck-up.

Sorry to hear what your sister had gone through. I've been through it myself but was able to kick some ass....and those *******s got the point.

Last edited:

NYCGoldenIdol

Katarn07 said:
Harry Potter (I don't HATE it or think it's evil, but it is overrated)
Lost
Heroes
American Idol (and pretty much all TV of this lame style)
Celebrities doing stupid things and everyone following their lives constantly
MTV, HGTV and TLC
Starbucks
NFL fanatics (seriously, I don't get the obsession people have over the sport)
Chicago White Sox
Chicago White Sox fans :p

There's a ton more. I'd agree with a lot on |ZiR|'s list though not all of them.

That's a very ignorant thing to say, though you don't mention ignorant people in your list so I can't fault you for that :rolleyes:

Hey....are you a Cubbie fan. I love Ted Lilly:) :D

I have been a fan of his since his days with the Yankees. I think that he will have another good season with the Cubs. Last year(despite the playoffs) I felt that he showed his true potential as a starting pitcher. I even met him a couple years back, he was cool.

Last edited:

Indy~Annie

oh!! and i dont like dancing with the stars...i may be a dancer....but all it seems they do is wear really skimpy (the ladys)clothes and dance...well...kinda boring after a while....not saying my dances are the best ever just that i thought the dance class i go to is a heck of a lot better! hey its the 2nd best in cookeville Tennessee.;) teehee.

does any one else think the same as me.lol!!!

Turtle

Star Trek,
Reality TV,
Lost,
Heroes,
The recent slew of movie spoofs (Epic Movie, Date Movie, Superhero Movie, Meet The Spartans, Disaster Movie, etc)
2 Entertain

jonesissparrow

Most Rap music produced today
Britney Spears
Paris Hilton
Lindsay Lohan
Any guy dating America Ferrera
Reality Shows.Period.
Some of the shows on Comedy Central
Most of the shows on the Disney Channel
Anime
The Matrix series
Pushing Christianity in your face
People who don't call you back and they promise they would.
George W. Bush
New Spongebob Squarepants episodes
Gory violence
Job applications
waiting in line especially in the DMV
spouse abusers
China and India right now because they have all our outsourced jobs