TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 06-26-2008, 01:44 PM   #1
Leiter91
IndyFan

The Haters thread

It has come to my attention that there are numerous forum members who have a deep hatred of KOTCS...So instead of trolling in random threads...why don't we just take all our negativity, all of our dissapointments, and all of our hate...and funnel it into one dark thread. So...let the sleeze run, let the smear build up. And Lovers, stay away, and don't pull this thread down...This is my attempt to indecent, decently. Okay...let the games begin...
Leiter91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:46 PM   #2
Quickening
IndyFan

There was a haters thread before called the "Haters Haven" but I can't seem to find it.
Quickening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:46 PM   #3
Leiter91
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickening
There was a haters thread before called the "Haters Haven" but I can't seem to find it.
*smacks forehead* It's hard to be an original these days
Leiter91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:56 PM   #4
OmegaSeamaster
IndyFan

Yeah, I can't find it either, and I was the one who started it!
OmegaSeamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:58 PM   #5
Agent Spalko

Censorship is a crime.
Agent Spalko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:01 PM   #6
OmegaSeamaster
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Spalko
Censorship is a crime.

Nuking fridges is also a crime. I bet it was removed at the request of George Lucas and Steven Spielberg.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:51 PM   #7
Finn

Nah, forum policies. Don't ask - we don't understand 'em all ourselves.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:44 AM   #8
Sankara

I still can't believe that they did this lousy embarrassing movie... but I'm glad that the most poeple on this planet think that this movie is lousy... So, Spielberg, Lucas and Ford know that Indy 4 is one the worst sequels of all time...

Well, the Thread "Lies about Indy 4" is closed now but it was one of the best Threads in the history of the Raven...

These lies from the makes are so.... oh boy...
Sankara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:29 AM   #9
The Man
IndyFan

My initial hatred has mellowed into resigned apathy. I care no more. Anybody else feel that it could be some time before you watch the originals again?
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:37 AM   #10
graz
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man
My initial hatred has mellowed into resigned apathy. I care no more. Anybody else feel that it could be some time before you watch the originals again?

I know what you mean (not about Indy because we don't agree on that), but I had the same experience with Star Wars recently. I think the prequels were the start of the rot and I just kinda got disallusioned with the whole franchise. I actually sold my DVD box set of the originals recently because I didn't have any urge to watch them.
graz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:38 AM   #11
EddyW
IndyFan

I try to overcome the apathy by overwriting my memories of the film by reading Darabont's script (which doesn't undo the damage done honestly) and thinking how the movie could have been if they changed "this and that", but it doesn't really seem to work. Flashes of fridges flying through the air still break my heart a little...
EddyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:38 AM   #12
Wittmann
IndyFan

My feelings went from excitement (before the release) to disbelief (while viewing) to disappointment (the week after) to "dont care anymore" (now).

Lets pretend the 4th movie never happened.
Wittmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:43 AM   #13
The Man
IndyFan

Here's a real toughie: can any present 'hater' envisage a future time - even years from now - when they might warm to the movie?
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:56 AM   #14
EddyW
IndyFan

It's happened to me more than once that I've warmed to a film I didn't like at first, but that was mainly because I was too young to appreciate it and my understanding and tastes in film evolved, not devolved. I can see myself appreceating the original trilogy more now that I now they don't (and can't) make 'em like that anymore.
EddyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:17 AM   #15
Dr. Wolfwood
IndyFan

I'm not sure I hate the "Unmentionable 4th", but it was still a great disappointment after all these months and years of expectations. But, having seen how Lucas managed to ruin the SW prequels, I should not be surprised...
Dr. Wolfwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:07 PM   #16
OmegaSeamaster
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittmann
My feelings went from excitement (before the release) to disbelief (while viewing) to disappointment (the week after) to "dont care anymore" (now).

Lets pretend the 4th movie never happened.

I'm all for that.

I only watched each Star Wars prequel a total of once each. I honestly don't remember much about them anymore. So time's been my ally.

I don't think I'll ever see Indy 4 again. Won't miss it either.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:37 PM   #17
DarthMickey
IndyFan

There seemed to be a feeling with all Spelberg and Lucas Fans that they could still pull together and make something once again that's truly a modern masterpiece. We all know the films they have made in the past.With KOTCS it is finally sealed in Cement that will last longer than a Pyramid that those days are long Gone.It's over and will never return.The signs have been there for years and so have there pile of new Movies that are Crap. Hope is lost. Long live the classics! It's all we will ever have.
DarthMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:53 PM   #18
OmegaSeamaster
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMickey
There seemed to be a feeling with all Spelberg and Lucas Fans that they could still pull together and make something once again that's truly a modern masterpiece. We all know the films they have made in the past.With KOTCS it is finally sealed in Cement that will last longer than a Pyramid that those days are long Gone.It's over and will never return.The signs have been there for years and so have there pile of new Movies that are Crap. Hope is lost. Long live the classics! It's all we will ever have.

I couldn't have said it better myself. They should have just let a sleeping dog lie, but at this stage they viewed Indy 4 as a quick payday. They're long past the days of doing justice to their stories and are now just focusing on making a quick buck.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:02 PM   #19
MaxPhactor23
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man
Here's a real toughie: can any present 'hater' envisage a future time - even years from now - when they might warm to the movie?

I've already warmed to it per say. I wouldn't classify myself as a hater. The second viewing was far superior once you know what to expect. Iím also far from a lover though. I'm just not in denial either. It's far from perfect and naturally much is different about it in comparison to the former films. That's undeniable. Iíve written a re-write in my head that I truly believe would have pleased a lot more people then the official movie. Itís far less of a 50ís B movie and far more of an Indiana Jones film.
MaxPhactor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:07 PM   #20
Niteshade007
IndyFan

I agree, MaxPhactor. I don't consider myself a "hater," but disappointed. It was an enjoyable film, and the first time I saw it I left the theater a little sad but mostly happy that I got to see an Indiana Jones film on the big screen. The second time, like you said, it was more enjoyable because I knew what to expect.

The film has a LOT of flaws, but to simply ignore either the film or its flaws is pretty silly.
Niteshade007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:14 PM   #21
MaxPhactor23
IndyFan

There are some things that I’ve actually come to love. When I first saw the film, I felt the ants were incredibly overdone. They’ve come to be one of my favorite parts. Even the rubber tree scene, which I initially found absolutely god awful, I’ve come to survive. It’s not as bad as I originally judged, albeit still corny as hell. Originally I liked about the first hour. I’ve come to like about the first hour and forty minutes. I’m still not wild about aliens. I think aliens in Indiana Jones sounds almost like an oxymoron. But Cate Blanchett’s performance made me bear them. When she finds the Crystal Skeletons finally she really steals the show (IMO).

Last edited by MaxPhactor23 : 06-27-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:25 PM   #22
Niteshade007
IndyFan

Yes, Blanchett did a good job with that scene. Overall I liked her performance, although her accent was pitchy in some parts.

The one I felt bad for Karen Allen. I was excited about her return, as she was my favorite Indy girl. But she was just smiling throughout the whole thing. It was kind of funny, because when my friends and I make movies, I do the same thing, so while I could relate to it, it was just distracting.
Niteshade007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:39 PM   #23
MaxPhactor23
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niteshade007
Yes, Blanchett did a good job with that scene. Overall I liked her performance, although her accent was pitchy in some parts.

The one I felt bad for Karen Allen. I was excited about her return, as she was my favorite Indy girl. But she was just smiling throughout the whole thing. It was kind of funny, because when my friends and I make movies, I do the same thing, so while I could relate to it, it was just distracting.

Yah man! Marion was this giddy schoolgirl throughout the entire film. She was demoted to an airhead all of a sudden. I couldnít help but be annoyed. Her presence was completely lacking. She was there to only connect Mutt to Indiana. Thatís really it. Otherwise she served no true purpose to the script. Sheís essentially just thereÖand suddenly dippy. It reminded me of transformation Marcus Brody went through from Raiders to Last Crusade.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:44 PM   #24
Sam Falco
IndyFan

Not a hater, but I just saw this thread.

Marcus' "transformation" wasnt as big a deal as most think. He's not even CLOSE to being a moron in the movie, he's just totally out of his element when he's in the field, he just isnt cut out for it, he belongs in his museum or at school.
Sam Falco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:06 PM   #25
MaxPhactor23
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Falco
Not a hater, but I just saw this thread.

Marcus' "transformation" wasnt as big a deal as most think. He's not even CLOSE to being a moron in the movie, he's just totally out of his element when he's in the field, he just isnt cut out for it, he belongs in his museum or at school.

I think you’re pulling for strings here considering the dialogue clearly says that he gets just as lost in his own museum as he does in the field. Marcus suddenly turned into a buffoon, why deny it? It’s common sense.