Disney Disgust

The Drifter

Raiders112390 said:
Did anyone else love the Princess and the Frog?

Watched it for the first time a few months ago, and I enjoyed it greatly. Loved every minute of it, and I hope we see more like this in the future.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
The Drifter said:
Watched it for the first time a few months ago, and I enjoyed it greatly. Loved every minute of it, and I hope we see more like this in the future.

I watched it for the first time a couple of nights ago, and I concur. Lovely little film.

Anyhow, I save much of my Disney Disgust for projects like this:

5044970768_f770347b05.jpg

Stoo

RedeemedChild said:
I'm officially disgusted with Disney Channel.

If good ole Walt Disney could awake from his grave and see the so called "Disney Channel" it would kill him all over again. In fact the horrible state of Disney Channel would kill him so hard that he'd never have a chance of reviving and setting things straight; and oh, how I wish that he could return and set things aright.

The programming airing on the Disney Channel as of today is nothing more than intellectually-lacking, brainless hogwash and it isn't creative.

Those programs aren't even true Disney programs as they do not ring true to the "spirit of Disney" in any way at all. Anyone old enough to know the "Disney" of yesteryear will agree that the Disney Channel of today is not worthy of the title "Disney Channel" as it has so far departed from the "magic of Disney" and is now only a body without a soul or more precisely a House without the "Mouse".

Furthermore, I miss the Disney of my childhood.

...as the "magic" of Disney has grown ever so cold over the last few years thanks to rubbish like Camp Rock so to had my enthusiasm but now as I write this I can feel the anger within me boiling over into a fervor to ignite the flame that the House of Mouse gave me back in 1994 (I was born in 1988).

We must reclaim the wholesome goodness of yesterday. It's all that we have to give to the youth of tomorrow.

The best thing we as Disney fans can do is to not become complacent. We must voice our opinions and express our displeasure and utilize our democratic rights as Disney fans in order to save Disney Channel from become a channel of "every foul and unclean thing" of sorts because it isn't the Disney that you and I knew nor is it the Disney that Uncle Walt created and it is our duty as True Disney Fans to resurrect the Disney of yesterday in order that the children of tomorrow may Wish Upon A Star.
Goodness gracious! What happened to those good ol' Disney days when the hero never shot someone point-blank or ran over them with a truck?:confused:
Raiders112390 said:
As for RedeemedChild, I think he's absolutely 1000% correct with regard to Disney. So thumbs up to him.
@Raiders112390: You agreed with RedeemedChild 1000% about reclaiming Disney's "wholesome goodness of yesterday" and getting rid of "every foul and unclean thing". NOW, you are happy that the company will be buying Lucasfilm. Shouldn't you be 'disgusted' by the acquisition? Or is a squeaky-clean version of Indiana Jones what you really want?:confused:

No more people killed by the main hero!:dead:
No more gruesome deaths!:eek:
No more sexual innuendo!:gun:
No more curse words!:p

IndyJoey

Stoo said:
No more people killed by the main hero!:dead:
No more gruesome deaths!:eek:
No more sexual innuendo!:gun:
No more curse words!:p

Not true... Disney made Pirates of the Caribbean... and that wasn't clean... It had people killed by the main character, not too gruesome of deaths, but some that were kind of... gnarly... it had some sexual innuendo's... their aren't really any curse words in them, but who cares, Indy doesn't curse that often...

Montana Smith

Dr. Gonzo said:
Hehe. Wasn't that Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? :p

In the Disney re-edit Dovchenko will play pat-a-cake with Indy, do a song and dance routine with the siafu, and skip off into the forest hand-in-hand with Mutt to live happily ever after among the monkeys. (Strictly platonically, of course).

Spalko will no longer put her hands suggestively on Indy's knees, but will be utterly professionally as she asks him politely if he wouldn't mind striking up a conversation with the skull.

Already conforming to Disney protocol, Marion and the prairie dogs will remain unaltered.

Stoo

IndyJoey said:
Not true... Disney made Pirates of the Caribbean... and that wasn't clean... It had people killed by the main character, not too gruesome of deaths, but some that were kind of... gnarly... it had some sexual innuendo's... their aren't really any curse words in them, but who cares, Indy doesn't curse that often...
Joey, the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies are recent (within the last 10 years) and NOT part of the good ol' Disney days which this thread is talking about.

Either I wasn't clear enough or you misunderstood my intentions. The list was a sarcastic take on (imaginary) wishes & demands from the folks who want Disney to recapture the "wholesome goodness of YESTERDAY" and remove "every foul and unclean thing". Who wants wholesome goodness from Disney but is now filled with glee because that company now owns Indiana Jones?:confused: Joey, can you see the dichotomy?

Re. Curse Words:
In the Indy FILMS, there are *at least* 5 or 6 instances of curses that Disney would NEVER allow!:whip:

Check out this thread, for a beginner course:
Indy swearing...help?

Montana Smith

Having just made a Google search for Disney violence, it appears people have been asking 'Are Disney films too violent for children?'

If George had sold Lucasfilm prior to 2008 Indy might have drawn his revolver in KOTCS, to the horror of those already disgusted by Disney's output!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Stoo said:
Re. Curse Words:
In the Indy FILMS, there are *at least* 5 or 6 instances of curses that Disney would NEVER allow!:whip:

Which instances are those?

Question of the week: is swearing all right when no one understands it's swearing?

Secret swearing has a long and honourable TV and movie tradition. Usually intended to outwit the censors, it can vary in execution but ultimately has the same aim. Star Trek: The Next Generation allowed Jean-Luc Picard to say merde, because it was assumed that no US viewers would understand it meant sh*t in French. Star Trek itself managed to sneak Uhura denying that she was a 'fair maiden' past the censor, while Battlestar Galactica pioneered new forms of swearing altogether with copious use of the word 'frack' as a replacement for the f-word.

The Avengers/Avengers Assemble recently took a leaf out of Worzel Gummidge's book ? a show in which Jon Pertwee used to delight himself by using as many Elizabethan swearwords, including the likes of 'swive' as he possibly could ? by having Loki describe Black Widow as a 'mewling q**m' ? that would be a word that rhymes with 'whim' and is a Chaucerian synonym for the c-word. Now, if you look at the BBFC's web site [spoilers], it gives an explanation in its extended classification information as to why it gave the film a 12A certificate:

The film also contains some mild bad language, such as uses of 'hell', 'damn', 'ass', 'son of a *****', 'pissed off' and 'bastards'

No mention of the use of the q-word. Whether that's because no one at the BBFC knows what it means or because they figured that no one in the audience is likely to know or care, I can't say.

Montana Smith

Disney has distributed some more controversial series through Buena Vista. Alias comes to mind, I can't remember the curse content, but the violence sometimes peaked.

Stoo

Attila the Professor said:
Which instances are those?
In the days of yore, Disney would never use any of these line in their films:

1) Marion: "I'm your G_ddamn partner!"
2) Indy: "Son of a b*tch." (Well of Souls)
3) Indy: "Holy sh*t." (Bantu Wind)
4) Indy: "Leave him alone, you b*stards!" (Blood of Kali scene)
5) Indy: "Oh, sh*t." (Rope bridge)
6) Mutt: "Bullsh*t!"
7) Marion: "You rotten, Russkie, son of a b*tch!"

'Damn/damned' gets used a few times in the films, too. If "The Avengers" has 'son of a b*tch' and 'b*stards', that still leaves 3 'sh*t's and a 'G_ddamn' as inappropriate for Disney. The company is starting to hang around the toilet and it's disgusting!:p

Sidenote: I remember an American TV network (ABC perhaps?) in the mid-'80s censoring Marion's "G_ddamn" line.

Last edited:

Forbidden Eye

Stoo said:
In the days of yore, Disney would never use any of these line in their films:

1) Marion: "I'm your G_ddamn partner!"
2) Indy: "Son of a b*tch." (Well of Souls)
3) Indy: "Holy sh*t." (Bantu Wind)
4) Indy: "Leave him alone, you b*stards!" (Blood of Kali scene)
5) Indy: "Oh, sh*t." (Rope bridge)
6) Mutt: "Bullsh*t!"
7) Marion: "You rotten, Russkie, son of a b*tch!"

'Damn/damned' gets used a few times in the films, too. If "The Avengers" has 'son of a b*tch' and 'b*stards', that still leaves 3 'sh*t's and a 'G_ddamn' as inappropriate for Disney. The company is starting to hang around the toilet and it's disgusting!:p

Sidenote: I remember an American TV network (ABC perhaps?) in the mid-'80s censoring Marion's "G_ddamn" line.

You seem to have forgotten this is the same Disney that owns Touchstone and for 17 years owned Mirmax which consisted of films like "Pulp Fiction" and "No Country For Old Men".

The biggest thing this deal changes is where profits are going to be going to. Aside from that, the Lucasfilm brand is going to remain the same its been in recent years(well, besides that Kathleen Kennedy is going to be calling more of the shots than George is).

Stoo

Forbidden Eye said:
You seem to have forgotten this is the same Disney that owns Touchstone and for 17 years owned Mirmax which consisted of films like "Pulp Fiction" and "No Country For Old Men".
Is there a "Pulp Fiction" ride or merchandise in any of the Disney parks? Films like that are conveniently distanced from the Disney name. When (or if) they get to it, which banner do you think a new Indy movie would be released under: Disney, Touchstone or Miramax? I haven't seen, "The Avengers", (nor do I care to) but does that film have a Disney logo attached to it?:confused: I'm curious to know.
Forbidden Eye said:
The biggest thing this deal changes is where profits are going to be going to.
Agreed!:hat:
Forbidden Eye said:
Aside from that, the Lucasfilm brand is going to remain the same its been in recent years(well, besides that Kathleen Kennedy is going to be calling more of the shots than George is).
With all due respect, Forbidden Eye, there is no certainty in that regard. It's all up in the air. A little, green guy once said: "Always in motion is the future.";)

Last edited:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Stoo said:
I haven't seen, "The Avengers", (nor do I care to) but does that film have a Disney logo attached to it?:confused: I'm curious to know.

Nope, Just Marvel and Paramount. Yep, Paramount. They do play well with each other.