A Temple Of Doom holster.

adventurestuff

I just finished working on my new TOD Webley holster. I was going for complete historical authenticity a well as screen accuracy. What do you think?

TOD Holster:
IMG_7831.jpg

IMG_7840.jpg

W.E.

adventurestuff

Making the TOD holster

Well, there was a lot of research and development as I tried out different patterns, but once the pattern was finalized I'd say it probably took about 3-5 hours total to construct. Not counting the time in between drying the dye and sealer etc.

Cutting the pattern: 40-60 mins
Dying the leather: 30 mins
Hand stitching: 120 mins
Finishing: 45 mins

W.E.

Montana Smith

That's some fine work, W.E..

Here's photos of the original Webley/S&W holster that I have, though I'm nopt sure all of these were to same pattern:

DSCN3654.jpg

DSCN3655.jpg

adventurestuff

Holster types

That's a nice one Montana! There's literally hundreds of different variations on this holster. Since it was a British military issue holster at the time, many factories produced a holster for the Webley. Most were machine made at the time. I hand made mine so the stitching is bound to be a little larger. The shape you have there is the most common one. Thanks for posting with the ruler next to it. Most people don't realize how big these holsters are.

W.E.

Montana Smith

adventurestuff said:
That's a nice one Montana! There's literally hundreds of different variations on this holster. Since it was a British military issue holster at the time, many factories produced a holster for the Webley. Most were machine made at the time. I hand made mine so the stitching is bound to be a little larger. The shape you have there is the most common one. Thanks for posting with the ruler next to it. Most people don't realize how big these holsters are.

W.E.

Your's looks very neat and precise, W.E., it must be hard stitching tough leather so precisely by hand.

With regard to the many variations, I'd forgotten that my 1/6 Dragon in Dreams John Coleman 1940 British Expeditionary Force figure, has a Webley holster that has no flap at all, just a single strap.

Joosse

Adventurestuff, my compliments! Your holster looks amazing.

I went the short way and bought an original, so I have a lot of respect for people who can make these things themselves. (y)

I was wondering if you are also into historical re-enactment? Becuase of what you said about historical accuracy. In that area there is probably quite a market for these holsters as well, should you ever wish to produce more of them for the purpose of selling them.

adventurestuff

Accuracy

I am very much into historical accuracy, but I do not partake in re-enacting other than at Comic Con in San Diego. I've been studying holsters for a while now and the Webley holsters are a mixed lot. Lots of different style variations.

I'm going to try and make a few different styles from the photos I've seen. Then I can post pics of the whole set and we'll see which one we like the best.

:D

W