Pictures from last years Collectormaina 3 convention

Canyon

I thought it was high time I posted these.

Last year, myself and two others from TIE met in Milton Keynes and not only got to meet four actors from the trilogy, but also got to interview them as well.

Paul Freeman (Belloq) John Rhys-Davies (Sallah), David Yip (Wu Han) and Julian Glover (Donovan) as well as several others attended the convention and here are some photos and autograps that I was able to get:

John%20Rhys%20Davies.jpg

John%20Rhys%20Davies%20autograph.jpg

Paul%20Freeman.jpg

Paul%20Freeman%20autograph.jpg

David%20Yip.jpg

David%20Yip%20autograph.jpg

Julian%20Glover.jpg

Julian%20Glover%20autograph.jpg

The interviews can be found here on TIE:
http://www.theindyexperience.com/interview.shtml

(Please ignore the date on the bottom right hand of the photos. I think the camera must have been set the wrong year).

Last edited:

Indyologist

Wow, Canyon-- those are terrific! How gentlemanly of them to acknowledge you and take some pics with you as well!

Finn

Staff member
<small>Mods are only allowed to edit messages that are out of line... not typos.</small>

Canyon

Okay guys. Here's a story that you might be interested in reading!

On the May bank holiday weekend last year I attended the Collectormania 3 convention in Milton Keynes, England. On the Sunday evening, the nearby cinema was showing the entire Indiana Jones trilogy on the big screen! Before the showing of Raiders, Julian Glover and Paul Freeman came out for a talk, and the audience was given an opportunity to ask them questions. I got to ask them: "What was it like working with Harrison Ford?" and Paul replied with "Harrison is an absolute sweetie!" and they both proceeded to tell us that Harrison was a great actor and really great to work with. I guess I must have seemed fairly enthusiastic in the audience, because at the end of the talk bofore they left, Julian actually came up to me in the audience (I was in the front row) and he asked me if I would be at the convention the next day. That was pretty surreal as he didn't even know that I was going to meet him for an interview. After the showing of Temple of Doom, John Rhys-Davies came out for a talk which was really interesting.

The next day (Monday) I met up with Peter and Ralph from the Indy Experience, and we proceeded to the organiser's booth, who told us that they didn't know anything about our interviews. Well, Canyon wasn't gonna go home empty handed was she?! I then proceeded to speak to each actor and asked them if they would mind giving up a little bit of their time for an interview and I have to say that all of them were very nice about it. I could hardly believe it when I approached David Yip's table and he told me more than once that he really liked my Indygear! Woah, cool!

Some time later, we went back to do the interviews and I interviewed Julian Glover (Donovan) which I have to admit, was a little intimidating but all in all, Julian is great guy, as were all of the others. The other surreal thing is that he recognised my accent and told me that he grew up in Bristol (the same city that I am from!). Before the interviews with David, Paul and Julian, I queued up to see John and he had so many peole in the queue, I was given a ticket with a number and when that number came up, I would be able to speak with him. Well, we did the other three interviews, and I got back in the queue. I was nearly at the front, when this guy, must have been John's agent said he found out that I wanted get an inteview with JRD, but that it might not be possible and I told him I understood. Well, when I did get to the front of the queue, John was sat down and he signed my picture and I asked him if he would consider doing an interview and he said to come back later, and he would see what he could do. I then asked for a photograph and he said to me : "Would you like to take the picture here? Save an old man getting up?" with humour and I replied: "Oh John, you're not old!"

Lastly, me and Iain had to leave at 4pm and Peter and Ralph said they would do the interview. Well, on our way back to Bristol, I had a call on my mobile sayng that they had managed to secure an interview with John Rhys-Davies, and I couldn't have been happier!

To this day, I can hardly believe that I got to meet John Rhys Davies, Julian Glover, David Yip and Paul Freeman.

Definately one of the greatest weekends ever!

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Ditto what Finn said, and I get one post more for every corrected typo. :D

Finn

Staff member
<small>Why? It's really simple. Every edit leaves a notification to the bottom of the post, and if it was made by the mod and not the member him/herself, it will arise a common question what unsophisticated things there was in the post that was edited away... even if there hadn't been any and the moddie was just correcting a typo.

So let there be a question only when there was a reason for one.</small>