The Official Wild Goose Chase Thread (for all the rumors with undisclosed source)

S

Satipo

As I already wrote on imdb: This is fake! The Trilateral Commission was founded in July 1973!!! Indy 4 is set in 1957! ;)

Finn

Staff member
This is exactly why we have the Wild Goose Chase Thread. It's even got a pretty sticky to it, so it shouldn't be hard to spot. So let's just try it again in here, though it seems pretty much busted already...

Last edited:
P

phillipmscott

A-Bombs MODS PLEASE MOVE TO SPOILER SECTION

SPOLIERISH !

The Ark, A-Bombs and Alien Technology

Given what we already know about the power of the Ark, I think it's conceivable that it provides the source for the atomic energy subplot possibly running through IJ4.

Consider that it's unknown technology (alien, religious or other) obtained by the US Govt, and as such would probably find a home at a proto-Area 51 facility someplace such as Demming, having been moved from the storage facility featured in RotLA.

From what we saw in Raiders, the effect of opening the Ark is comparable to that of detonating a A-bomb (pillar of fire, hurricane-like wind, incredible temperatures). Maybe the US harness it for their atomic program ? Seems only right that the USSR would look to secure it for the same reasons the Nazis did.

In know theres a lot of assumption here - but plausable ?

Last edited:

loganbush

The ark was the Power of God as they already stated. Indy and Marion did not look at it and were saved. I don't think spirits coming out of the ark are atom bombs.

P

phillipmscott

I wasn't saying that the Ark was an A-bomb, I was simply saying that it's power could've been examined/harnessed as part of the A-bomb project. The fact that it's other-worldly (spiritual, alien, whatever...) technology possibly places it in the Area-51 category. I was simply proposing a way to tie the rumoured strands of the plot together...

Ark (return referenced by IMDB, CHUD and others)=>'ancient alien' rather than 'supernatural' device (speculation on my part)=>relocated to Area-51 type facility (US airbase location- referenced by IMDB, CHUD and others)=>incredible power harnessed by nuclear programme (speculation on my part)...

I've heard wilder plot theories.

"The ark was the Power of God as they already stated" - it's been speculated that God was an alien in this script treatment. If the Ark was his transmitter, then is it a means for contacting an ancient race in deep space, or a remote weapon left on Earth by them ?

Johnny Nys

Might there be a clue in the latest article about the new Indy toys?

Remember what that government guy said at the end of Raiders when Indy asks where the ark is?

Maj. Eaton: We have top men working on it now.
Indiana: Who?
Maj. Eaton: Top... men.

Now look at the Hasbro quote.

Suffice to say that we have top men working on it.

Just adding fuel on the fire ;)

NileQT87

Karen Allen spotting?

on the imdb boards:

nogreatshakes-1 said:
Karen Allen is in it. She's here in Hilo right now where they're filming. Looking GREAT.

lynettecarrington said:
Source please! Set's closed. You've seen her?

nogreatshakes-1 said:
Saw her (in a local store). Spoke to her. Asked her if she was in the film. She smiled enignatically and would neither confirm or deny. But really, why else would she be here? Hilo is like the least touristy place in Hawai'i - celebs do not come here for vacation.

Many of the movie folks have been seen around town - Harrison Ford in Starbucks, etc. The local newspaper had a front page story that was a breathless, bite-by-bite description of George Lucas's meal in a local restaurant. Hilarious - I wish it were online to share.

Remember, Hilo is a very small town and everyone knows everything. The set is closed, but everyone knows where it is, and where all the cast and crew are staying, and every time a celeb appears on the street. We haven't had this much excitement since... well, ever. :) The last movie filmed on the Big Island was Water World in 1989, and that was on the other side of the island.

misnomer

I believe him...comes across very down to earth....I dont think this poster is out for attention. cool that Marions in it, but, it really wasnt unexpected. I doubt she'll have alot of screen-time.

NileQT87

if this lends any credence to the report--the fact that harrison has been seen in starbucks seems about right. those pictures of him in new haven made it seem like he had coffee out of there on tap.

i think we might be getting a very caffeinated indy.

i think marion will be in this. i really do. which is why i was pleased as punch that cate blanchett is likely a villain. it means that there is a possible opening for marion.

sounds like we might be getting a indy and the ravenwoods picture.

sarah navarro

its probably true Harrison does always have starbucks in his hand .

i heard that shia labeouf was in hawaii also... i know your going to want proof

Niteshade007

Well, it's seems genuine, but I don't like to trust random sources.

All I ask is for romance in this film. I don't care if it's Blanchett or Allen, but a romantic subplot would be nice.

The only thing that has me skeptical about Marion's return is the fact that Spielberg and Lucas decided that each film would have a different Indy Girl, according to the DVD documentary, anyway. Now, whether or not they stuck to that I'm not sure. But it seems to me that if they were to bring Marion back, they would have done it in Last Crusade, when everyone from Raiders (well, ok, just Sallah and Brody) were returning to the film. Although it would be hard to work her into that plot, so I understand the decision.