The Dark Knight Rises

The Man

indyclone25 said:
i heard on e news last night agelina jolie is in talks to be catwoman--- thats what e news said

She's been mentioned quite a lot lately in relation to Catwoman.

indyclone25

well i think she would be pretty awesome in the role -- but i hope that they don't start piling up more and more villians like the late nineties movies ---ugh

No Ticket

Sounds to me like a bunch of rumors and that's all. Ironic that I've heard Johnny Depp will be playing the Mad Hatter in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.

And Angelina Jolie has been mentioned a lot lately as Catwoman just because that's the kind of persona people associate with her. That doesn't mean she's right for the role. I don't want them to start casting big-name actors just beacuse they are big-name actors.

Niteshade007

No Ticket said:
Sounds to me like a bunch of rumors and that's all. Ironic that I've heard Johnny Depp will be playing the Mad Hatter in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.

And Angelina Jolie has been mentioned a lot lately as Catwoman just because that's the kind of persona people associate with her. That doesn't mean she's right for the role. I don't want them to start casting big-name actors just beacuse they are big-name actors.

I completely agree. I like that they get talented actors who aren't as widely known as Depp or Jolie. I don't buy into either rumor, really. Depp is extremely talented, but I feel like that rumor is completely baseless. I have heard Philip Seymour Hoffman as Penguin (I've also heard Bob Hoskins), and while I like both actors, I'm not sure if Penguin would be used. Jolie, as far as I can tell from the article that I read, has inquired about the role of Catwoman. Julie Newmar (the interviewee in the article) agrees with it because Jolie would play a Catwoman a lot similar to her own version, the slinky kitten without much of a point other than sex appeal. Don't get me wrong, I loved all the Catwomen (yes, even Eartha Kitt...I wish I could write that purring noise she makes), but their characters were lacking.

sandiegojones

indyclone25 said:
i heard on e news last night agelina jolie is in talks to be catwoman--- thats what e news said
Usually that stuff is crap. E News is tabloid make believe stuff. Her agent may have contacted WB at her request, but she was likely never was contacted by WB or Nolan for a role. TDK was just released and Nolan hasn't made a deal for a third film.

Philip Seymor Hoffman was really contacted about Pengiun prior to TDK based on an article I read in 2006 (wish I could find it!) that included the films producer disscussing possible sequel stories, but they went a different route for the final film obviously. Who knows what they'll do, but Jolie is a baaaad way to go. I DO NOT WANT CATWOMAN OR ROBIN IN THIS SERIES.

I could maybe see Robin Williams as the Riddler based on his work with Nolan in Insomnia (even though he's usually wacky he could be very serious as he has been for other serious films). He was a little creepy in that film. Andy Serkis had a small role in The Prestige and could be a really good Riddler! If the Riddler is intended to be younger and get into fisticuffs with Batman then perhaps Guy Pearce is a good choice because of his work on Memento with Nolan. Guy is a similar actor as Bale and Ledger IMO. Solid and reputable, but not a "movie star". Guy could even make a good new District Attorney to replace harvey Dent since he was damn good as a detective in LA Confidential.

WillKill4Food

Niteshade007 said:
I completely agree. I like that they get talented actors who aren't as widely known as Depp or Jolie. I don't buy into either rumor, really. Depp is extremely talented, but I feel like that rumor is completely baseless. I have heard Philip Seymour Hoffman as Penguin (I've also heard Bob Hoskins), and while I like both actors, I'm not sure if Penguin would be used. Jolie, as far as I can tell from the article that I read, has inquired about the role of Catwoman. Julie Newmar (the interviewee in the article) agrees with it because Jolie would play a Catwoman a lot similar to her own version, the slinky kitten without much of a point other than sex appeal. Don't get me wrong, I loved all the Catwomen (yes, even Eartha Kitt...I wish I could write that purring noise she makes), but their characters were lacking.
I too completely agree.
Jolie being cast as catwoman would turn this series into the kind of self-gratifying series that Pirates turned into by casting Keith Richards as Jack's father, except this would be worse.
Keith's cameo was actually somewhat enjoyable (because face it, the pirates movies were somewhat campy), and I'm sure that Angelina would be a great catwoman in a campy Batman movie.
But, this isn't a campy series, and any Catwoman character would have to be realistic. Personally, I think Michelle Pfeiffer (sic?) was a good catwoman (better than Nicholson as the Joker in my opinion) and they could only replicate that, unless they took it in a completely different direction.
By that, I mean that she wouldn't have to be obsessed with cats (and definitely not like Halle Berry's catwoman); instead she could be a catburglar that is only nicknamed Catwoman because her identity is not known.
And it would be in that same way that the Penguin would not be a deformed birdman, instead he could be a long-nosed mob boss with that name being only a nickname.

TheMutt92

The Man said:
http://www.pr-inside.com/depp-to-play-the-riddler-r730810.htm

'...JOHNNY DEPP is tipped to play BATMAN villain THE RIDDLER in the next installment of the comic book movie series.'

'...And, according to the National Enquirer, studio bosses also want Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman onboard to play another of the Caped Crusader's arch-foe, the Penguin.'

Hmmmmmmm...

Funny, I used to always say that if Burton stuck around Depp would have wound up in Batman film.

Crusade>Raiders

Well Depp IS going to be the Mad Hatter in another dark Tim Burton movie...but it won't involve Batman >_>

Anyway, I'm sure whoever the studio picks for the villains, its gonna be somebody you didn't even think about. Honestly, were you really thinking Heath Ledger, that guy from 10 Things I Hate About You, would be The Joker? And be ****ing incredible?

The Man

fixer79 said:
Philip Seymour Hoffman (y)

Angelina jolie (n)

Johnny Depp :confused:

Depp could do it, but probably shouldn't. Nolan's movies are more character and less actor. Like Angie, Johnny would throw the equilibrium off-balance.

Forbidden Eye

The Man said:
http://www.pr-inside.com/depp-to-play-the-riddler-r730810.htm

'...JOHNNY DEPP is tipped to play BATMAN villain THE RIDDLER in the next installment of the comic book movie series.'

'...And, according to the National Enquirer, studio bosses also want Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman onboard to play another of the Caped Crusader's arch-foe, the Penguin.'

Hmmmmmmm...

Pure rumors.

Remember, if everything we initially heard were to be true, Johnny Depp was going to play The Joker.

And hasn't Nolan said a big fat no to The Penguin?

No Ticket

Well first and foremost... all the Nolan series Batman films have been based on Batman comics of the 80s eh? Batman Year One... Killing Joke... the Long Halloween or something like that? If you want to find your characters... look back and see what comics from that era were most popular and you'll likely find a story they'll base the new movie off of like they did before.

I'd look for something with Two-Face, Penguin, Catwoman or Riddler in it because they are likely to be what they're gonna use in the next one. But I'd also be on the look-out for any big comics from then that might use different enemies.

agentsands77

No Ticket said:
Well first and foremost... all the Nolan series Batman films have been based on Batman comics of the 80s eh? Batman Year One... Killing Joke... the Long Halloween or something like that?
Not exclusively. THE LONG HALLOWEEN was 90s, for what it's worth, and there was plenty in BEGINS that was from the 70s Batman.

No Ticket

agentsands77 said:
Not exclusively. THE LONG HALLOWEEN was 90s, for what it's worth, and there was plenty in BEGINS that was from the 70s Batman.

Truth, but they are likely to take from the comics again. I would imagine there is some graphic novel or something out there that is quite popular that contains one or more of those characters people are talking about as being in consideration.

I do not know enough about the comics/graphic novels though to mention any. Sadly. :( TDK has had an interesting effect on me though. Of all the comic book movies I've seen, this one has actually got me reading some old Batman comics and I've ordered Killing Joke. It actually got me back into comics (which I haven't been into since like 1996 or something)

Nurhachi1991

No Ticket said:
I'd agree if The Joker could come back and kill him by the middle of the next movie.

Well maybe the Joker could come back I'm sure another actor could do the role........ Unlike the new Punisher move you can't do the Punisher without Thomas Jane sorry no sale.