Lucas ponders Indy 5

sandiegojones

Crack that whip said:
I think you're right, except I don't know that I can say it makes Lucas "wrong" so much as "disappointing."
Agreed. I'm not a Lucas hater at all. I like most of the SW PT and KOTCS, but I also would agree that they are not as good as the originals. Some of what they lack is the spirit of the old films due to the technology used to make them.

I also think that the famous divorce that Lucas went through permanently changed his perception and forever damaged his filmmaking approach. It caused him to focus on the business of movies more and the stories (specifically their heart and spirit) less.

nitzsche

George Lucas is a terrorist, just not in the same sense of the way we Americans have come to use the word.

Saying you may make a movie gets the attention of people, and then him threatening that it will be done his way or not at all, is simply, terrorism. Its using fear to get your way.

You need help... because that was insane, right there.

MaxPhactor23

nitzsche said:
The most respectable motivation is sticking to his vision rather than compromising. He got Indy 4 done. He said he compromised with Spielberg though. They both compromised. Neither Spielberg nor Ford had to sign on to it. They did. Seems everyone got out of it what they wanted put into it. It took 19 years.

The majority liked KotCS. The snot-nosed asshats are in the minority. They cry really loudly, so it sounds like a majority, but it isn't.

Lucas was given a mandate from fans to make Indy 4. Based on the box office and the response from general audiences, he has a mandate to do a fifth.

To try and suggest Lucas does not allow collaboration of ideas is laughable.

It?s openly known, not laughable. Your ignorance is astounding. But then, coming from you, it?s not surprising. It took nearly 20 years for them to make this film. Why do you think that was? Because George Lucas didn?t want to compromise. He wanted this film to be riddled with UFO?s and corny Sci-Fi B-movie elements that completely conflict with Indiana Jones. Steven didn't. Lucas delayed this picture almost two full decades because he wanted complete literary control. Spielberg has openly admitted in interviews that George Lucas is very stubborn. It?s not laughable, it?s fact. Learn to read before you speak.

Crack that whip

Deckard said:
You contradict yourself every 5 secs.

Never wished him dead or said I would kill someone.

Never said that either. Never mentioned the death of anyone let alone alot of people.

All your posts were simply misinterpreting what I said and in responce to only me. And I Never equated a movie to terrorism. You lose and you may want to get a catscan.

LMK if you want me to remind you how to wipe your ass or what you had for breakfast.

Nope; those original posts of mine were all clearly sarcastic, and even if one takes the ideas in them at face value, they still don't contradict anything - I didn't accuse you of being a murderer (though if one takes my post seriously, then one would say I'm encouraging you to commit murder, which would be worse, if it weren't for the fact that it clearly isn't serious). Bzzt. Try again.

- Oh, but wait, actually... if you take those posts seriously (specifically, the second one you quoted after making your "contradict yourself" statement), then yes, I did say you had a "rational, well-reasoned stance," which clearly isn't correct at all - granted, I didn't mean for that to be taken literally either, but I suppose one could argue that doesn't matter as much as what it was I actually said, in which case yes, I was wrong. My bad. Mea culpa.

But as far as what you said, well... let's just take a look at a refresher, shall we?

Deckard said:
YEA I AM. I know its hard to believe but I also wish the same sort of thing on Osama Bin Laden. I never met him either. As far as Im concerned Lucas isnt a writer anymore, hes a film terrorist. He can go straight to hell.

Hm. How on Earth could I possibly have taken that for you equating Lucas with a terrorist? What was I thinking...

:rolleyes:

(edited to include (the latest version of) Deckard's post to which this was responding, inadvertently omitted from initial post)

Deckard

Crack that whip said:
Nope; those original posts of mine were all clearly sarcastic, and even if one takes the ideas in them at face value, they still don't contradict anything - I didn't accuse you of being a murderer (though if one takes my post seriously, then one would say I'm encouraging you to commit murder, which would be worse, if it weren't for the fact that it clearly isn't serious). Bzzt. Try again.

- Oh, but wait, actually... if you take those posts seriously (specifically, the second one you quoted after making your "contradict yourself" statement), then yes, I did say you had a "rational, well-reasoned stance," which clearly isn't correct at all - granted, I didn't mean for that to be taken literally either, but I suppose one could argue that doesn't matter as much as what it was I actually said, in which case yes, I was wrong. My bad. Mea culpa.

But as far as what you said, well... let's just take a look at a refresher, shall we?

Hm. How on Earth could I possibly have taken that for you equating Lucas with a terrorist? What was I thinking...

:rolleyes:

WOW YOUR SO ****ING STUPID. NO REALLY YOUR RETARDED.

You just contradicted yourself again, saying I shouldnt take your statements seriously, but you take mine seriously. You clearly are a spinster.

And you never ****ing said I called Lucas a terrorist idiot, you said, I said his films incited terrorism. So now your not even sure what you said, and Im gonna let you tell me what I said? Get a ****ing clue nutjob.

Just wow, your a total moron. Read your own statements a little more carefully when you comment on them further bcuz you clearly weren't think about them as you wrote them or you have short term memory loss. You and John McCain would get along well togeather, saying ****, denying it 10 secs later and then forgetting its written down right here for us to referance.

Your full of **** pal.

Last edited:

nitzsche

Ah, MaxPh*cker. You are such a sad sack. Lucas has collaborated and compromised and given up major portions of his projects to other writers and directors while running the most successful production companies ever. That's how he is so successful, because he knows how to use talent.

He doesn't have to compromise on his core ideas though. It's his intellectual property.

Spielberg and Ford turned down several scripts as well -- not just Lucas. They all turned down ideas and scripts. They all compromised. It was a collaboration. Lucas even says as much. He cooperated with some of Spielberg's and Ford's demands.

There are all sorts of sources out there that prove Lucas collaborates on his projects.

It's a ridiculous, paranoid and asinine thing to suggest otherwise.

Indy's Fist

To get back on topic here are the elements that make a great Indy film.
1) Find a great artifact for our hero to seek.
2) Humor (not at the expence of our hero)
3) An element of mystery and wonder
4) Cliffhanger action
5) Stay true to what Indy Jones is

If they give Indy the desire to do something besides saving his dad or picking up on someone else's treasure hunt it should be good.

MaxPhactor23

nitzsche said:
Ah, MaxPh*cker. You are such a sad sack. Lucas has collaborated and compromised and given up major portions of his projects to other writers and directors while running the most successful production companies ever. That's how he is so successful, because he knows how to use talent.

He doesn't have to compromise on his core ideas though. It's his intellectual property.

Spielberg and Ford turned down several scripts as well -- not just Lucas. They all turned down ideas and scripts. They all compromised. It was a collaboration. Lucas even says as much. He cooperated with some of Spielberg's and Ford's demands.

There are all sorts of sources out there that prove Lucas collaborates on his projects.

It's a ridiculous, paranoid and asinine thing to suggest otherwise.

Oh nutzsche, your illiteracy is so adorable. It's like speaking to an infant, but less articulate. I never claimed he's never collaborated, I specifically stated he did collaborate on Crystal Skull, but he’s both power-hungry and stubborn. He doesn't like to share power! There’s plenty of source material out there that agrees. To deny it is to be blindly obedience. Lapdogs like you are pathetic, living your life in servitude to a nerd god. Go get laid…if even possible. Girls aren’t from a galaxy far far away.

And stating anything with Lucas is somehow intellectual just proves your idiocy. Why don't you join us? You're vastly outnumbered. Stop denying blatant fact.

Last edited:

Deckard

MaxPhactor23 said:
Oh nutzsche, your illiteracy is so adorable. It's like speaking to an infant, but less articulate. I never said he's never collaborated, I specifically stated he did collaborate on Crystal Skull, but he’s both power-hungry and stubborn. He doesn't like to! There’s plenty of source material out there that agrees. To deny it is to be blindly obedience. Lapdogs like you are pathetic, living your life in servitude to a nerd god. Go get laid…if even possible. Girls aren’t from a galaxy far far away.

Cmon man, Girls dont like Star Wars so they don't like girls. Its science.

The people defending him so far have either misinterpreted or outright lyed bcuz its the only way to defend his looney tunes behavior. Its a shame bcuz there only lying to themselves, we all know the truth.

Last edited:

Crack that whip

Deckard said:
WOW YOUR SO ****ING STUPID. NO REALLY YOUR RETARDED.

You just contradicted yourself again, saying I shouldnt take your statements seriously, but you take mine seriously. You clearly are a spinster.

And you never ****ing said I called Lucas a terrorist idiot, you said, I said his films incited terrorism.

Just wow, your a total moron.

No, I didn't contradict myself, even if I took yours seriously while saying you shouldn't take mine the same way. In the first place, that doesn't mean I'm contradicting myself; if I said in one post I should take one of our posts seriously (yours or mine; it doesn't matter which) and then elsewhere said one should take the same post seriously, that would be a contradiction. Saying that one post should be taken seriously while a different one shouldn't be isn't a contradiction. More importantly, you yourself made a point of indicating your post should be taken seriously:

Deckard said:
Dammit, will someone take Lucas to the god damn vet, and just have him put down already. It's like watching a puppy I use to love and play with who has become old and sickly and eats its own throw up and poop. I actually hope he loses brain function or something so he just can't write anymore.

Deckard said:
I don't care how sick this sounds, I hope Lucas suffers brain damage or a heart attack and just cannot write anymore. I really really do.

See, the first post here could be dismissed as just so much ranting, but the second one, coming after the first and providing reinforcement, made it sound sincere, especially since you made a point of adding the "I really really do." Then you went on to clarify:

Deckard said:
First I didnt say death, I said brain damage or a heart attack, either which you can survive. Just enought to have him stop writing. Oh come the **** on, Indy 5 a good movie? Wake up, your sad man, your just really sad. Get a grip.

... which firmly indicated, by way of your disavowal of wanting him dead, that you really honestly did want him to suffer some pretty horrible fate. That you felt the need to correct it to a fine point (not to me, note, but to someone else) clearly shows how readily and easily anyone could've thought you meant it, and (originally) that you wanted him dead.

And really, this:

Deckard said:
And you never ****ing said I called Lucas a terrorist idiot, you said, I said his films incited terrorism.

... as if that actually were supposed to make you sound rational! "I said his films incited terrorism" - gee, that's so much better than anything I might have accused you of, huh? Glad we got that cleared up!

At various times in this thread I've made a point of trying to be as positive as possible, and shown you alternatives to your frankly rather frothing-at-the-mouth-sounding tirades, but you weren't interested, and excoriated me for even trying to bring this back to some semblance of civility. Honestly, you're really making yourself look bad, here. It's true I haven't done myself any favors by carrying on with you, but I haven't been as rude and insulting and abusive as you have. I pointed out how irrational you were being, and tiptoed around calling you an actual idiot or whatever (saying instead that your arguments made you sound like one, or whatever), but you've shown me no such consideration.

It's abundantly clear nothing productive is going to come of this, so since I have to be at work in the wee hours of the morning anyway and would like to read some less annoying threads before calling it a night, I'm going to quit this thread now. Have the last word if you want.

MaxPhactor23

Deckard said:
Cmon man, Girls dont like Star Wars so they don't like girls. Its science.

The people defending him so far have either misinterpreted or outright lyed bcuz its the only way to defend his looney tunes behavior. Its a shame bcuz there only lying to themselves, we all know the truth.

Feel thankful we're far from alone. We've got the majority. Thank god common sense reigns over mindless obedience, eh?

Deckard

Crack that whip said:
No, I didn't contradict myself, even if I took yours seriously while saying you shouldn't take mine the same way. In the first place, that doesn't mean I'm contradicting myself; if I said in one post I should take one of our posts seriously (yours or mine; it doesn't matter which) and then elsewhere said one should take the same post seriously, that would be a contradiction. Saying that one post should be taken seriously while a different one shouldn't be isn't a contradiction. More importantly, you yourself made a point of indicating your post should be taken seriously:

See, the first post here could be dismissed as just so much ranting, but the second one, coming after the first and providing reinforcement, made it sound sincere, especially since you made a point of adding the "I really really do." Then you went on to clarify:

... which firmly indicated, by way of your disavowal of wanting him dead, that you really honestly did want him to suffer some pretty horrible fate. That you felt the need to correct it to a fine point (not to me, note, but to someone else) clearly shows how readily and easily anyone could've thought you meant it, and (originally) that you wanted him dead.

And really, this:

... as if that actually were supposed to make you sound rational! "I said his films incited terrorism" - gee, that's so much better than anything I might have accused you of, huh? Glad we got that cleared up!

At various times in this thread I've made a point of trying to be as positive as possible, and shown you alternatives to your frankly rather frothing-at-the-mouth-sounding tirades, but you weren't interested, and excoriated me for even trying to bring this back to some semblance of civility. Honestly, you're really making yourself look bad, here. It's true I haven't done myself any favors by carrying on with you, but I haven't been as rude and insulting and abusive as you have. I pointed out how irrational you were being, and tiptoed around calling you an actual idiot or whatever (saying instead that your arguments made you sound like one, or whatever), but you've shown me no such consideration.

It's abundantly clear nothing productive is going to come of this, so since I have to be at work in the wee hours of the morning anyway and would like to read some less annoying threads before calling it a night, I'm going to quit this thread now. Have the last word if you want.

You mean you wont be around to lie anymore. You don't have to goto work at 9 pm, your out of ideas of how to bull**** people and spin your words more. People just have to read the thread and they'll see its you thats full of ****. I didnt even bother reading all oif your post this time and wont from now on bcuz your just not worth it. Your a stubbron jerk off just like Lucas. You don't like me becaus Im honest and you cant be and it drives you ****ing crazy.

Right there in your ****ing post, I admitted I do not care if he suffers from Brain Damage or a stroke so he cant write anymore, and I don't are if he does, then again accuse me of wishing his death. I didnt. Plain and simple you even ****ing have my quote right there to see, so you can't accept whats right in front of your stupid face, your a ****ing moron. Its not open to opinion anymore, its now officialy a fact, you are having sex with Lucas.

Last edited:

MaxPhactor23

Indy's Fist said:
Man it's like Fridaynight Fights in here. You all need to kiss and make up!:D

It's getting to a point when it's going too far. Can't we all agree...Lucas lost his mind? ;) (y)

Now I've got a life to live and a girlfriend to be with, so I'm out for now. I've got better things to do then bicker about the corrupt flannel king.

Last edited:

nitzsche

Keep on keeping on, MaxPh*cker. Lucas did you wrong, didn't he, little man? He hurt your little world in a bad, bad way. Nothing's going to stop you now. Take back the night like the rape victim you are. No sorry, you're no victim - you're a survivor. Lucas doesn't have your number yet - nobody puts Baby in the corner, man. Fight the power!

You're the good soldier... a veritable leader waging an awesome campaign over the internetz against TeH eVEel Luca$h, Destroyer of Worldz!!!1!

It feels so good down there whenever you get the chance to bash on Lucas. It's too good to even let the scabs heal - you just can't stop - can't get in enough bashing.

You have to be secretly hoping Lucas brings on Indy 5. What else would you do with your life with out more reason to fight, fight, fight the nerdz. Fight'em to the Max!

It's all the more reason Indy 5 should be made - to give you a sense of purpose.

Grizzlor

I'd welcome another Indy movie, but then that's it, no more....but only if it's about the City of Atlantis.

Deckard

nitzsche said:
Keep on keeping on, MaxPh*cker. Lucas did you wrong, didn't he, little man? He hurt your little world in a bad, bad way. Nothing's going to stop you now. Take back the night like the rape victim you are. No sorry, you're no victim - you're a survivor. Lucas doesn't have your number yet - nobody puts Baby in the corner, man. Fight the power!

You're the good soldier... a veritable leader waging an awesome campaign over the internetz against TeH eVEel Luca$h, Destroyer of Worldz!!!1!

It feels so good down there whenever you get the chance to bash on Lucas. It's too good to even let the scabs heal - you just can't stop - can't get in enough bashing.

You have to be secretly hoping Lucas brings on Indy 5. What else would you do with your life with out more reason to fight, fight, fight the nerdz. Fight'em to the Max!

It's all the more reason Indy 5 should be made - to give you a sense of purpose.

He never said anythign like that, simply that he didnt like Lucas and didnt want a 5th. Never said he was "raped" by Lucas or hurt by him. THe man speaks the truth, Lucas is a hack, you could learn something about honesty from him. Instead just more BS spin, the only way left to defend Lucas.

nitzsche

Indy 5 needs to take Indy on an adventure to Antarctica. Get a bearded Indy like YIJC circa 1950 on a quest that also pushes him to the limits against the environment.

Deckard, I have watched this little man bash on Lucas and the SW PT for ages -- even before the latest Indy movie. He's a professional Lucas basher. It's his job. And he pays himself in personal favors.

Deckard

nitzsche said:
Indy 5 needs to take Indy on an adventure to Antarctica. Get a bearded Indy like YIJC circa 1950 on a quest that also pushes him to the limits against the environment.

Deckard, I have watched this little man bash on Lucas and the SW PT for ages -- even before the latest Indy movie. He's a professional Lucas basher. It's his job. And he pays himself in personal favors.

Fair enough, I can safely say, I have never bashed him like this before today, but enough is enough already. I feel like Im lying to myself. I guess its that I allowed CS the time to sink and now I am just really bitter to it.

I give him credit for Raiders and the originals but I just have to agree hes lost it and needs to stop writing bcuz hes only detracting from his previous work.

Tarantino was hailed as the second coming w/ Resevoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction, but now people only recognize him for his later work which was for the most part garbage. Lucas knows this is how he will be remembered, for CS and SW Prequels, not A New Hope selling out like crazy, or the thrill of Temple of Doom. I think he's just desperate to redeem himself, and feels like if hes ruined it all already, it can't hurt to use something we love like Indy to keep trying to fix it.

What need at all is there for this Clone Wars movie? The Clone Wars was alrdy an offical Lucasfilm project on Cartoon Network remember? So now he gets to remake something w/ the exact name only a year after it comes out? Why? Because he doesn't have any other good, or decent ideas.

The X-Files I want to Believe just came out and flopped, why don't they remake the exact same movie, same characters, and plot and release it next month and see if it does better? Its just stupid.

When you come up with a project and it flops. You move onto the next project. You dont keep trying to get it right at the expence of your other work. Or for that matter, films thousands of others worked there asses off on for you.

Why won't he just move on and make something other then Indy or Star Wars? Hes scared. He knows he doesn't have the credibility to do it. And hes scared the millions of guys that dress up like stormtroopers and stand in attention outside of his ranch for no other reason that they can't get laid won't think hes Jesus H. Christ Jr. anymore.

Last edited:

Indy's Fist

Deckard said:
Fair enough, I can safely say, I have never bashed him like this before today, but enough is enough already. I feel like Im lying to myself. I guess its that I allowed CS the time to sink and now I am just really bitter to it.

I give him credit for Raiders and the originals but I just have to agree hes lost it and needs to stop writing bcuz hes only detracting from his previous work.

Tarantino was hailed as the second coming w/ Resevoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction, but now people only recognize him for his later work which was for the most part garbage. Lucas knows this is how he will be remembered, for CS and SW Prequels, not A New Hope selling out like crazy, or the thrill of Temple of Doom. I think he's just desperate to redeem himself, and feels like if hes ruined it all already, it can't hurt to use something we love like Indy to keep trying to fix it.

What need at all is there for this Clone Wars movie? The Clone Wars was alrdy an offical Lucasfilm project on Cartoon Network remember? So now he gets to remake something w/ the exact name only a year after it comes out? Why? Because he doesn't have any other good, or decent ideas.

The X-Files I want to Believe just came out and flopped, why don't they remake the exact same movie, same characters, and plot and release it next month and see if it does better? Its just stupid.

When you come up with a project and it flops. You move onto the next project. You dont keep trying to get it right at the expence of your other work. Or for that matter, films thousands of others worked there asses off on for you.

Why won't he just move on and make something other then Indy or Star Wars? Hes scared. He knows he doesn't have the credibility to do it. And hes scared the millions of guys that dress up like stormtroopers and stand in attention outside of his ranch for no other reason that they can't get laid won't think hes Jesus H. Christ Jr. anymore.
Ask Marvel Comics! They are making yet ANOTHER Punisher remake movie due out later this year!