How to build an even better Indy movie

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
TheRaider.Net & TheForce.Net I know are the most highly visited, based off of what I have been told...but does it really matter?

jenniferelise

raydelark said:
(snip) Are you one of "them"? :) That list of yours is great!

Thanks. Unfortunately, I am not one of "them", but I have just had some time to think about that list. I thought it up probably back in 89, 90, when I first thought they should make another movie. I've probably expanded on it since then, but its the same basic list. And for anyone who's wondering, no I do not have a paper list sitting on my desk, pages yellow from 14 years of time passing by.

-Jenniferelise

FordFan

I think that Sean Connery needs less screen time than before. I can buy an older Indy running around and doing his old routine, but toting Sean Connery around, who will appear even older, will be a real stretch of the imagination. Actually, it'd be great if he could be in it, but riding horses and being held hostage in tanks? No way.

I think Indy's age should be used to comic effect. There shouldn't be a comedian sidekick this time around. I think his age leaves the door open for enough humor already.

It'd be neat to have Short Round back, but I want to remember him as a kid. If I saw him again, I'd see him as "the 30 year old guy that played Short Round". If he had a brief appearance, great. But throughout the whole movie, and it'd seem like they couldn't come up with anything better.

Pat Roach needs to come back. I'll be looking for him throughout the entire movie, and I missed his bigger part in LC.

I am still in the middle in deciding whether Indy should have a 30-year-old girl running alongside him.
I mean that's always been great, but what about Karen Allen? Wouldn't it be great to have her back? Seeing him with a 30-year old would be like Six Days, Seven Nights again.

raydelark

Renderking Fisk said:
Everything that needs to be said can be found in the Making-of featurette on the Fourth Disk. It has to be closer to Raiders then the last two. Not a direct remake but close enough to recapture the original feeling of Adventure.

Sounds great Ren. In what possible ways do you think they'll apply H.P. Lovecraft to the story?

On a side note, have you heard if Akubra or anyone else is going to market their hat in anticipation of fan interest, as there will surely be?

FordFan

Pat Roach being the good guy would be a nice change of pace, but I haven't seen him and Harrison fight since 1984.

I'd be very excited to see that again.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
FordFan said:
Pat Roach being the good guy would be a nice change of pace, but I haven't seen him and Harrison fight since 1984.

I'd be very excited to see that again.

You could have both...it's a great tradition of old films in which Good Guy A has to fight Good Guy B in order to prevent Good Guy B from getting into a fatal fight to the death with Bad Guy A.

See Shane for the classic example...

Pale Horse

Staff member
Ah, Shane ;)

The is a small part of me that resents (or more accurately regrets) that no one considered me as a film connoisseur.

that is just the unenlightened aspect I am constantly overcoming in my own life...

raydelark

apalehorse said:
Ah, Shane ;)

The is a small part of me that resents (or more accurately regrets) that no one considered me as a film connoisseur.

that is just the unenlightened aspect I am constantly overcoming in my own life...

Ten years ago I met a GREAT stuntman who told me "Never give up". He happened to be a very big fan of Alan Ladd.

raydelark

theinfiniteweird said:
Renderking Fisk said:
And Warm Water is wet, a clear sky is blue durring the day, and Akurba makes a pretty good fedora.

My thoughts exactly.

Here are some things they could maybe do that haven't been done: A horse chase, everyone on horses; And underwater trap or chase scene or cave; Indy falls into a deep, dark pit- wtaer at the bottom...maybe, maybe not; I think the use of hundreds of bats, big and small, whatever type, would be good for the critter; wev'e never seen Indy climb a mountain...snow, maybe, maybe not.

Just a few thoughts on new ideas.

Cool! I'd love to see those ideas used! Just wondering, what countries would you like to see in 4?

FordFan

"What've you heard Shane?"

"I've heard that you're a looowdown YANKEE LIAR..."

One of Palance's most memorable roles also.