TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 07-16-2018, 04:40 PM   #51
Dr.Jonesy
IndyFan

Nothing beats the Raiders hat. It was the most worn down looking, had a few odd angles and that pinch on the crown = perfection.
Dr.Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:48 PM   #52
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Jonesy
Nothing beats the Raiders hat. It was the most worn down looking, had a few odd angles and that pinch on the crown = perfection.

Pinch is a little too deep, boxy. Honestly, if hats ever made a comeback, I wouldn't wear a fedora like Indy's. I would one like JFK:
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:08 PM   #53
Gear
IndyFan

"There is no such thing as a stupid question";

I had always been under the impression that Indy's fedora throughout his adventures was the one "Fedora" placed on his head as a teen, and that similarly, his jacket was one he picked up at some point and, like the hat, kept and repaired as needed through the years, like one would a trusty pair of boots. My leather jacket (motorcycle, not Indy), I've done much the same, and owned and worn for years.
I figured the Doc would have his tailored when he could, and hand fix more often than not. Much the same with the ol' hat.

I'd assumed the film alterations were supposed to be creative reflections of the unique story, but I've heard mention from the Indy literature that he has a collection of fedoras and, apparently, jackets.

So, what's the cannon?

If I should choose to worry about it.
Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:14 PM   #54
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear
"There is no such thing as a stupid question";

I had always been under the impression that Indy's fedora throughout his adventures was the one "Fedora" placed on his head as a teen, and that similarly, his jacket was one he picked up at some point and, like the hat, kept and repaired as needed through the years, like one would a trusty pair of boots. My leather jacket (motorcycle, not Indy), I've done much the same, and owned and worn for years.
I figured the Doc would have his tailored when he could, and hand fix more often than not. Much the same with the ol' hat.

I'd assumed the film alterations were supposed to be creative reflections of the unique story, but I've heard mention from the Indy literature that he has a collection of fedoras and, apparently, jackets.

So, what's the cannon?

If I should choose to worry about it.

If you count the novels I believe the Raiders novelization says when boarding the sub he lost his hat. Now, if so, then the hats from LC on are different.

I'd like to think Indy wore the hat he got in 1912 during the YIJC and then put it away for sakekeeping, a relic of his own past, and had one fashioned in a style much like it for use.

I mean think about it, if you have a precious, priceless hat you got as a teen, are you gonna wear it on adventures where it could easily get lost, rained on, or ruined in some way?
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:23 PM   #55
Gear
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
If you count the novels I believe the Raiders novelization says when boarding the sub he lost his hat. Now, if so, then the hats from LC on are different.

Yes, I'd heard that. His "favorite" fedora, no less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
I mean think about it, if you have a precious, priceless hat you got as a teen, are you gonna wear it on adventures where it could easily get lost, rained on, or ruined in some way?

Idunno, 'lucky heirlooms' and such. Especially if you know how to repair and care for them. An early 20th century boy scout could probably pick it up.
Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:37 PM   #56
IndyBuff
IndyFan

It also mentions that Indy picks up a different leather jacket on the zeppelin in the LC novelization. I always assumed the hat was the only piece that was meant to be original, but "anything goes".
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote