Hasbro Indiana Jones action figures wave 1

Billy Ray

Well, they did say "Expect to see the first two waves of the following in February at Toy Fair" and "After that time we?ll see products based on the other Indy stories as well." in the 411 report. To me, that implies that we are just seeing the first two waves (ROTLA and KOTCS) at Toy Fair in Feb, but more waves are coming based on the other two movies. Hasbro never shows a whole year's worth of a line at Toy Fair.

Also, was kind of thinking about the line "other Indy stories as well". If Hasbro wanted to stretch things, I wonder if they would do figures from the Young Indy series too?

Billy Ray

Well, they did say "Expect to see the first two waves of the following in February at Toy Fair" and "After that time we?ll see products based on the other Indy stories as well." in the 411 report. To me, that implies that we are just seeing the first two waves (ROTLA and KOTCS) at Toy Fair in Feb, but more waves are coming based on the other two movies. Hasbro never shows a whole year's worth of a line at Toy Fair.

Also, was kind of thinking about the line "other Indy stories as well". If Hasbro wanted to stretch things, I wonder if they would do figures from the Young Indy series too?

Deckard

Billy Ray said:

or Fate of Atlantis.

Billy Ray

Apparently Entertainment Earth removed their pre-order page for wave 1 of the Indy figures. One of the forum members at Rebelscum, "Tilltheend" ahd this to report:
I called EE this morning and they told me that they were asked to remove the preorder from their site. I ionquired a little further and found out that the release date was tentively set for April but they could be coming sooner than that

Not sure how reliable this info is, don't know the guy, but I have no reason to doubt him either. The preorder link for the Hasbro stuff is gone though. Interesting if it is true that they will be coming sooner. Man, all my extra $$ for my deployment is going to be cancelled out because it will probably all be spent on Indy stuff this year;)

ChromiumBlue37

ChromiumBlue37 said:
As time passes and we get closer to May, I get a little worried that there is not even a rumor about figure from TOD. LC has the more action figure and vehicle potential, but I want to see TOD get it long-overdue and well-deserved focus in plastic.

Did anyone notice that Entertainment Earth no longer has the case assortments for the Indy figures available?

Just as I said earlier in this thread.

Even though the pre-order option is gone, my pending order is still active on my account with Entertainment Earth. That would be fantastic if we got the Hasbro figures earlier than May.

ChromiumBlue37

You're good, buddy! We all watch out for one another here! (y)

Just a little curious as to why the preorder was up for just a short while? :confused:

metalinvader

Looks like the figs arn't going to come early after all...

From this weeks Hasbro Q&A @ yakface.com

Q2: A few e-tailers, Entertainment Earth and BidBadToyStore.com for example, have pulled their pre-order listings for the Indiana Jones case assortments. Are these still "on track" for an April 08 release?

A2: The specific assortments and method of shipping were changed up, so that caused some retailers to have to redo, but we are on track for them be on-shelf a few weeks before the movie.

Wu_Han

I'm confused.

Being a hard core Indy fan I'd perfer to get a complete collection of all that they release. I am a little slow here so help me out.

Wave 1: ROTLA
Wave 2: TOD
Wave 3: LC
Wave 4: KOTCS

Right?

4 Waves = 30 figures approximately
The IJ line is covered.

Now if they unleash all of these waves at the same time how the heck are we supposed to get all thirty? Stores will have to pick and choose which ones to stick on the pegs which means the less popular TOD figures may never show up.

Billy Ray

From JediDefender's Hasbro Q & A:

3. OK, Indy toys. What are we looking at for the launch? Are we talking a "street date" with a big push, including store exclusives (similar to the last few movie lines you?ve done)? If so, any idea what that date will be so we can mark it on our calendars to be sure we have the day off work?

**There will be a tight on-shelf date for the IJ product line, which will be a few weeks before the movie (the theaterical date is 5/22). We can confirm that there will *not* be any store exclusives at the movie launch for IJ... we are focusing on the mainline assortments. The complete lineup will be announced (along with the on-shelf date) at Toy Fair.

Can't wait for Toy Fair! Nice to also know that we won't have to be hunting down store exclusives(y)

metalinvader

Billy Ray said:
Can't wait for Toy Fair! Nice to also know that we won't have to be hunting down store exclusives(y)

Tell me about it.I never understood the point of store exclusives!

@Indycast
A different wave will probably be released 4 months or so.
I know Raiders is being released first with KOTCS VERY close behind.

Wu_Han

Since I am going crazy waiting, I photoshoped together a preveiw pic from Comic Con and the Packaging design photos.

8fl77sp.jpg