In what ways are you a fan?

What kind of fan are you?

• Casual fan, I watch the movies every now and then and grabs items if I happen to see them

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • Devoted fan, I watch the movies more then most other movies and keep a close eye out for items.

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Die hard anything Indy fan, have all the lines memorized and always trying to get Indy items

Votes: 20 37.7%

• Total voters

The_Raiders

Ok I was thinking, how would you define yourself as a fan> A casual fan, a devoted fan, or a die hard crazy about anything slightly replated to indy fan? I would call myself a die hard crazy about anyhing slightly related to Indy fan, there's really nothing else I do or talk about but Indy, I do like star wars, but I can notice the Indy logo from a mile away, Indy is all I talk about and acually shapes my charactor. Which are you? :whip:

LostArk

I'm a big fan of Indy too. I don't own any merchandise or posters, etc. but I'll rewatch the movies a lot of times without getting sick of them and enjoying them more with every viewing.

I think I'm more of a "haha oh wow" fan.

Dr. Wolfwood

There's no option for those who do not collect any items. Unless, of course, you count owning two Indy hats and two versions of the Mark VII bag (real and copy) as collecting (but I bought them in order to use them).

I rewatch the movies every now and then, read some of the books and have even suffered through some of the comics, and consider myself a real fan even if I don't buy Indy figures or any other collectibles ;)

HellofaSandwich

These are adventure movies, so watching them too many times really kills the buzz. I probably watched the trilogy too many times as a young teenager, but having set the films aside for a few years, I was surprised to rediscover the thrills when I watched them again before Crystal Skull came out. I sort of want to lock them in the vault again for another 3-4 years, just so I can get that kind of rush again. Know what I mean?

I consider myself a fairly devoted fan -- I like collecting the books and comics and some of the toys, but I'll never break the bank for Indy or collect tacky stuff like the Indy version of Mr. Potato Head (never liked that dude, even as a child!) that would just take up space that I don't have.

DocWhiskey

I'd say I'm a pretty die hard Indy fan. As I got older I became a bigger fan. When I was a little kid I was obsessed with Indy. He was my hero. When I got into my teens I sorta "forgot" about how much I loved the films. It was sort of like an Indy break. Then I rediscovered Indy in my late teens. I seen old pictures of me 5 or 6 years old with the hat and whip. I realized how much I loved the films. I dug up my old fedora and noticed it didn't fit me anymore, so I ordered a new one and wear it ever since. I've followed KC since the beginning and buy all of the merch and figures. I'm at that age where I'm getting back to my"roots" sorta say.

Nurhachi1991

The_Raiders said:
Lol, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one!! :p

Last Thanks giving when I was taking the insides out of the turkey I held it up and went " Kali ma............... Kali Ma........ Kali Ma Shocktida!!!!!!!!! and I tore out the insides.

Everyone just stared........ :eek:

The_Raiders

Nurhachi1991 said:
Last Thanks giving when I was taking the insides out of the turkey I held it up and went " Kali ma............... Kali Ma........ Kali Ma Shocktida!!!!!!!!! and I tore out the insides.

Everyone just stared........ :eek:

Lol, don't be embarassed I would have done the same thing :p .I always use Indy quotes when I talk in regular conversations, like at a BBQ my sister's friend was embarased to walk up and start picking out food so I said "Eat it. Your,, insulting them, and you're embarassing me, eat it." She didn't even pay attention. :p

Nurhachi1991

Lol I did something similar at Burger King when we got our food I said to my friend " Thats more food than these people eat in a week there starving" He just gave me a weird look.

Also I said to another freind " Maybe now I won't give you the antidote"

The_Raiders

When ever I hear someone say something that's not very beleivable I always give them a skeptical look and say "Come on" like Indy did in KOTCS. And my sister's same friend complains alot and gets mad easy so I said "You don't have to get sore all the time to prove how tough you are, sit down, please sit down." Lol, and those are only the ones I remember among many others! :p

Nurhachi1991

Yeah using Indy lines in real life is fun!

Next I have to get up fro my chair and go " Shut up! thats my mother your talking about ok thats my mother!"

The_Raiders

LOL, I have gotten to use "Maybe, but not today" before, and "You wanna talk to God? Let's go see him together, I have notihng better to do!" and before I got a back ache a my friend said I looked like an old man when I walked and I was like "It's not the years honey, it's the mileage." :hat: I love using Indy quotes! (y)

Nurhachi1991

Lol I hope it was a female friend!

Just the other day when I was with my friend I yelled Joooooonnnnnssssseeeeeyyyy!!!!!!!! just like Mac lol I love that line.

Indy_Chic

Hahaha! Raiders and Nurhachi you guys are making me laugh! :D I would think of myself as a devoted fan though I am fast becoming a die hard one!

Lord_glavin

I wish to be a die-hard fan, but the limits of my budget restrain me from this....and the amount of other things I'm a devoted fan of lol
*off topic discussion part*
also finally while visiting family in NH got my youngest brother (8) to go
"You call him Dr. Jones!"
when he hears my name lol too bad I don't have a coin to flip him and say "My proffesional name"

DocWhiskey

Yesterday my buddy and I were driving to a friend's house and he was like, "I'll go this way and take a shortcut."

To which I replied "Yes, Indy?"

But he's a big Indy fan like me so he yelled, "ShortCUT!"

And we always say, "It belongs in a museum!" even when it makes no sense at all. For instance I remember we were at a movie theater months ago, and my one friend mentioned where she way born, and I just stood up, pointed the ford finger, and stated "You were born in a museum!". Yeah, I'm weird.

The_Raiders

Nurhachi1991 said:
Lol I hope it was a female friend!

Just the other day when I was with my friend I yelled Joooooonnnnnssssseeeeeyyyy!!!!!!!! just like Mac lol I love that line.

When I said "It's not the years honey, it's the mileage" I said that to my sister :p . I've used lots of quotes since I've moved into my friends housem he gives me so many oprotunities to use quotes. :p

No Ticket

I guess I'm casual. I don't go out of my way to find or get Indy items. But I've seen the films hundreds of times and have all the lines memorized. I'm kind of both?