When Did That Ravener Join?

AlivePoet

Okay, this game is really simple (and pointless). Chances are if you've been an active poster, you've become familiar with at least several members at The Raven. And as you catch sight of those familiar avatars, you also most likely catch sight of their join dates. Now obviously it would be too easy to just list off a member and when she/he joined, like this:

AlivePoet, June 2007

:rolleyes: So I propose that we list 3 members and join dates, with one of them being wrong. Like this:

Atilla the Professor, Jul 2002
Rocket Surgeon, Sep 2009
DocWhiskey, Apr 2008

So without cheating, choose the member whose join date you think is wrong and correct it. Then revise the list, eliminating the ones that are right and adding more to keep the list always at three with one of them being wrong. So if I revised the list, it would look like this:

Rocket Surgeon, Jan 2009
Finn, Oct 2001
Violet Indy, Dec 2005

Play!

AlivePoet

VP said:
Finn joined in 2000.

Right, the point was that you had to revise the list by correcting the wrong one and then adding one that is incorrect. So if you revised it you would put, for example:

Finn, Oct 2000
Montana Smith, Oct 2009
Lance Quazar, Aug 2007

Then the next person would have to choose the incorrect one, correct it in their post, and then add two more, one of which is incorrect. The cycle goes on...

Rocket Surgeon said:
So are you administering this game or do we have to find out if we're wrong and then take the next step? What happens when we're wrong? We correct ourselves and go on?

If you "correct" the right ones or don't precisely correct the wrong one, the game continues on. Though the forum members may take note...not that many of them would care. ;)

DiscoLad

Rocket Surgeon said:
I'm thinking about a new thread called Why did that Ravener Join :)rolleyes: )...a few others are sprouting as well. Hmmm.

What's that supposed to mean? :)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
EgyptianPharaoh said:
Discolad:

This is what we are supposed to do...right?

While I admit that the the instructions are confusing, no, I don't think so.

At any rate, it's a comfort to know that you read game threads with the same care you do the rest of the forum...

Rocket Surgeon said:
I'm thinking about a new thread called Why did that Ravener Join :)rolleyes:)...a few others are sprouting as well. Hmmm.

I'm not sure what I think of games for which no real answer can be provided.

Last edited:

DiscoLad

A. Prof. does have a point.

Anyway, I really don't know how to correctly participate in this game.
And I like playing games.