General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Le Saboteur said:
You shouldn't be. Joints are particular things and you don't come back from them 100% in the best of circumstances. Now, if Ford turns out to have fractured his pelvis, well, guess whose name is officially off the short list?

All that's true. I'm just annoyed with the kneejerk tendency to interpret everything that happens out there with Ford and the Beards as tied to a future Indy film, or potentially getting in the way of one. We aren't owed a thing.

Stoo

TheFedora said:
Well, trust me...the pics went over big on several Jurassic Park fan sites I go to.
That's all fine & good but please remember that, in the grand scheme of things, this is an Indiana Jones site.;)
Attila the Professor said:
I'm just annoyed with the kneejerk tendency to interpret everything that happens out there with Ford and the Beards as tied to a future Indy film, or potentially getting in the way of one. We aren't owed a thing.
It's good to see you back, Attila, and I agree with you fully & completely. One of the weirdest interpretations in recent days was the idea that Lucas' presence at the Montreal Grand Prix is a clear sign that he is not working on a story for Indy 5! :confused:

And, yes, "we aren't owed a thing".:gun:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Stoo said:
It's good to see you back, Attila, and I agree with you fully & completely. One of the weirdest interpretations in recent days was the idea that Lucas' presence at the Montreal Grand Prix is a clear sign that he is not working on a story for Indy 5! :confused:

And, yes, "we aren't owed a thing".:gun:

While I have no problems with my esteemed collegue getting all the respect he more than deserves, why is there no {sniveling} love for me, when I've said the same thing time again as recently as just the other day.

Stoo

Pale Horse said:
While I have no problems with my esteemed collegue getting all the respect he more than deserves, why is there no {sniveling} love for me, when I've said the same thing time again as recently as just the other day.
Please know, Pale, that the love is large and your linked statement was completely justified & true. However, my Willy Wonka-related post in another thread was deleted and I'm pretty certain that you did it. For that reason only, I will hate you forever!:D

In response to your comment "just the other day", we have this:
kongisking said:
Fair enough...but though it may be annoying to you because you don't believe 5 is coming, that doesn't mean we are idiots and fools for at least keeping the possibility open that such hints from production members tied to Indy will be SOMETHING. To actively expect them to be....yes, foolish. To hope they are....absolutely nothing wrong with that. Nothing.
Must exercise self-control and keep my mouth shut.
curmudgeon said:
So long as Kathleen is president of Lucasfilm,
I should save this for the Kathleen Kennedy thread but I have no confidence in her doing the Indiana Jones series any justice.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Stoo said:
However, my Willy Wonka-related post in another thread was deleted and I'm pretty certain that you did it. For that reason only, I will hate you forever!

I can neither confirm nor deny, we work miracles in the moderators den. But talk like that will get you off the burger christmas card list. :p

kongisking

Stoo said:
Must exercise self-control and keep my mouth shut.

I'm deeply honored, Stoo. (y)

Now that that's out of the way...

Indy 5 is a certainty. You are all delusional fools to not believe it! Only faith in Our Lord and Savior Indiana Jones can save you from eternal damnation! Convert! CONVERT! :p

Pale Horse

Staff member
Hanselation said:
No Indiana Jones ....

tumblr_mbnh19Z7fU1r68d1so1_500.gif

foreignerfred

Attila the Professor said:
Are you floating a theory about what Abrams might be doing instead?

That's what I'VE been wondering.

A few pages back:

I just re-watched Star Trek into Darkness last night, and I noticed a lot of references (not just to, of course Star Wars) to Harrison Ford-related characters.

I'm not a Star Trek expert, so I don't know if there are Trek mythology reasons for "John HARRISON" or the villainous -- older mentor character "Marcus."

Of course there's Into Darkness' rather obvious nod to the tribal chase from the Raiders teaser, Kirk's knack for getting beat up in a fight more than winning, and of course the transport ship they use to look for John/Kahn is essentially the Millennium Falcon (complete with a near-verbatim reshoot of the Falcon's escape from the death star from Return of the Jedi.

In the table read pic for Episode 7, Ford is sitting next to JJ Abrams, talking very animatedly. And of course, Han is rumored to be very focal in the new movie.

I'm not saying I WANT JJ Abrams involved with Indy 5, but I can't help but think that Ford is talking Indy with the director. Perhaps brainstorming stories. Perhaps Abrams could jump in as a producer?

What do you think? Could they be talking Indy 5? Do you think Abrams wants Indy too?

http://raven.theraider.net/showpost.php?p=553846&postcount=6495

Grizzlor

Keep in mind that Bad Robot (JJ) produce the Star Trek movies, while they don't Star Wars. He has a far larger financial stake in Star Trek. Seems like he was allowed to direct Episode VII and get the franchise back on a new track, and then back to Star Trek, and his TV shows.