How should it end?

curmudgeon

Surprisingly haven't found a thread for this yet.

In the hypothetical situation that they make another Ford movie (or two, if you're that kind of dreamer) and they were to allow for his last film to be a proper send-off for the series...

What would you want the last scene of the final movie* to be?

(*Final movie in the Ford/Spielberg series, before the inevitable and inevitably limp reboot.)

Mickiana

Should end with the hat being passed on (not necessarily literally) to a successor, son or otherwise to allow continuation.

Stoo

The final scene of the last movie with Harrison should be Indy wearing an eyepatch, getting into a green, 1952 Plymouth and driving alone towards New York City at dawn. A majestic, aerial shot of the Manhattan skyline (filmed from a helicopter) with his car travelling towards it and the sun rising in the distance.

Perfect segue?(in my opinion, anyway).:p

Last edited:

Spurlock

The same exact way Last Crusade ended. That was the perfect ending to a series. Riding off into the sunset.

But if that can't happen, at least pass the torch, and show him go out in a bang.

IndyForever

At the end of Indy 6 after an epic Indy 5 cliffhanger I would like just Indiana on his own looking across an epic landscape with the sun setting as he put his Fedora on and the camera panned 360 degrees around him then slowly pulled back as the main theme played would be the best possible ending.

Disney executives know an Indy 5 & 6 would be huge business to them with Harrison attached as long as Steve & George are involved in their usual roles its going to be a massive money maker & crowd pleaser :gun:

HenryJunior

Favorably, if we can get Indy 5 and 6 it will flesh out a second trilogy which can have it's own "ending". I do NOT want 5 and 6 to just be 2 parts of the same movie, so tired of that in film series lately. Each chapter should be independent. It would be really cool if we saw Indy lose his eye!

kongisking

Either Indy sacrifices himself to save his new family, or the final film just simply deals with him going on an adventure with death (either from old age or some other cause) rapidly approaching, and he hopes to prevent it, but in the end must accept his mortality and allows himself to die.

Bonus points if his epiphany comes with the realization that, even though he will be dead, he will forever be a part of history and, thus, his legacy makes him immortal. A fitting reward for a man who dedicated his life to preserving the past.

Crack that whip

I think what I really want is a two-parter, with the first actual theatrical cliffhanger ending in this cliffhanger-derived series, in which the first movie of the two (Indy V) ends with Indy in a really bad way (specifically, having just lost his eye) and the villain having a seemingly insurmountable upper hand, and the resolution coming in the sixth movie the following year, with some perfect ending. I don't want him dying, or doing anything else that contradicts the show, but I also don't need to see him pass the torch to anyone. I'd like an ending that suggests a little more adventure still, even if we don't get to see it.

After that, we can have the inevitable reboot, but I'm not ready for it just yet.

Montana Smith

400.jpg

HovitosKing

I'd rather see the franchise undergo a major reboot or delve back into television than see them try to force something awkward (again) with Harrison Ford. With a bit of inspiration and a dash of creativity, maybe we could get something that reminds us how we felt when we saw the original trilogy or the Young Indy adventures for the first time.

kongisking

HovitosKing said:
I'd rather see the franchise undergo a major reboot or delve back into television than see them try to force something awkward (again) with Harrison Ford. With a bit of inspiration and a dash of creativity, maybe we could get something that reminds us how we felt when we saw the original trilogy or the Young Indy adventures for the first time.

For the 100,000,000,000,000th time: a 2D-animated Indiana Jones TV show would be nice.

Olliana

Nah, I'd rather have 3-D animation, but unlike TCW and Rebels, with a more mature and down-to-earth look and feel.

Udvarnoky

kongisking said:
For the 100,000,000,000,000th time: a 2D-animated Indiana Jones TV show would be nice.

What, you mean a hand-drawn one? You act like you're the first person to think of that. Wanna know why you're the only one saying it? Because it belongs in the same realm as wishing for a life sized T-Rex made out of solid chocolate to materialize in your backyard.

Disney's not going to pay for a traditionally animated 2D cartoon. They can't even be bothered to put out a 2D feature once a decade. The Princess and the Frog was supposed to presage a mini-revivial, but ultimately they gutted their hand-drawn divsion last year.

Randy_Flagg

kongisking said:

I have to admit that I'd really have no interest in an Indy cartoon.

I see two big problems with it:

1. The situations would end up being too over-the-top and stupid because there are no limitations with animation, and because cartoons tend to be exaggerations of what can be done in real life. I can easily picture cringe-worthy scenes like Indy surfing on a shark, or having a fist fight on the wing of an airplane (while occasionally flapping his arms and yelling, "Whoooaaa! Whooaaa!" as he's about to lose his balance.)

2. It would get really, really repetitive. The Indy formula is very basic: Indy must keep powerful artifact out of the hands of villains. They managed to stretch this across four films, and it's already getting a bit long in the tooth. Now imagine seeing it replayed over multiple episodes of a tv show every week. That would get old fast. But if they vary the formula, then it risks not really being Indy (remember how un-Indy-like the Young Indy was?)

Aside from that, I guess I just remember too well how bad some previous movie-to-cartoon attempts have been. Remember The Karate Kid cartoon? The Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventures cartoon? And if you completely forgot that those cartoon ever existed, well, that just further proves my point that an Indy cartoon probably isn't something to get too excited about.

kongisking

Udvarnoky said:
What, you mean a hand-drawn one? You act like you're the first person to think of that. Wanna know why you're the only one saying it? Because it belongs in the same realm as wishing for a life sized T-Rex made out of solid chocolate to materialize in your backyard.

Disney's not going to pay for a traditionally animated 2D cartoon. They can't even be bothered to put out a 2D feature once a decade. The Princess and the Frog was supposed to presage a mini-revivial, but ultimately they gutted their hand-drawn divsion last year.

Calm down, fella. My comment was supposed to be speaking for not just me but ALL the people who have advocated for an animated TV show before. I didn't start that train of thought, and I'm by no means the only one saying it. Last I looked, the idea was fairly popular on here before. Now you claim it's a delusional fantasy on my end? Whatever...

And I don't care if Disney won't pay for another 2-D cartoon. Hence the "would be nice" tag, as that's me acknowledging it would be too good to be true. I am very angry at Disney for turning coward and abandoning 2-D YET AGAIN...just because they think little boys are punks who hate princesses.