Van Helsing

Finn

Staff member
Attila the Professor said:
After that interview...I am convinced that a Stephen Sommers movie is a painful thing indeed.
Wow, finally someone who admits that he read the whole thing.

Anyway... about Van Helsing... it was a thrill ride. And a good one at that. But it wasn't a good movie. Come to me and say that Van Helsing was good as a <i>movie</i>, and I may forget I'm a civilized person.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Hey, I read it. If I find enough time maybe I'll read it in Finnish too.

I

Indy's_main_man

Van Helsing was a steaming pile. It took everythig that universal studios stood for and pissed it away. Not to mention that it distorted classic literature.

The idea that this was better then LC is insane.

I

Indy's_main_man

good point. But if you want visually beautiful films try "Toys" or "Hook"...I loved both of those but they didn't do too well. (theyre both robin williams movies for some reason)

Dr. HenryJones.jr

Strider said:
Hugh Jackman is great, I loved his portrayal of Wolverine. Some people say I look a little like him.

oh yeah, I saw him in big movie screen...ooo *swoon*
Hugh will to play in next movie "The Fountain" in three different characters, the shoot will to be on 1st. November 2004 after the broadway from NY in middle of September 2004.

I

Indy's_main_man

calm down kate!

Just slip in your X-men DVD and turn down the lights

Webley

Last night I saw "Van Helsing the London assignment" its an animated film that sets the stage for Van Helsing.
On the winding and fog-enshrouded streets of London, the sinister being known only as Mr. Hyde terrorizes the city in a haunting spree of mayhem and murder. With the populace in a panic, the legendary monster hunter, Van Helsing arrives in London on a mission to track down and capture the elusive Mr. Hyde.
Its a Van Helsing adventure that takes place before the events of the new film.

I

Indy's_main_man

Not interested in either. The only 2 good things that came from this film were classic monster movies on nDVD (except the crappy "Van Helsing" tie-ins) and the video game.

By the way the new Frankenstein guy doesn't hold a candle to Karloff

Plus the Dracula guy is overacting A LOT

I

Indy's_main_man

It's also cause half the time the frankenstein charcetsr is unbelieveably bad CG

Finn

Staff member
Indy's_main_man said:
Plus the Dracula guy is overacting A LOT
Heh. You know, the impression I got of him when watching the movie was that <i>this guy knows exactly what the value of this flick is going to be and is doing that on purpose</i>.

My hat's off to him. Roxburgh's got a great sense for irony.

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Wow.. that all doesn't sound very positive? and then to think I'm going to see it in the theater tonight. :(

I

Indy's_main_man

Re: Van Helsing rulez

Dr. HenryJones.jr said:

I hope, in the the sequels of Van Helsing will better....

There's not a sequel in the works as far as I kno

Thank god

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
I just came back from the theater.. and I thought it was a cool movie. :)

The only thing it really suffered from was the way to many special effects, if you ask me. And the fact that the characters in these sort of action movies never really seem to get hurt or bleed when they get smashed against walls and stuff like that.

But I agree? a sequel isn't necessary.

Strider

They can't make a sequal anyway, they pretty much used up all the classic monsters, unless they want him to go after the Invisable Man or the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Well.. you never know?
A movie like this ? if it has any success, that is ? is bound to have at least one sequel.