New Acquisitions!!

Agent Z

RelicHunter said:
just scored a Taters of the Lost Ark at Wal Mart. Not huge but its something!:)

They had those in at our Super Wally World. Pretty cool looking (and sounding) and I gave it a try, but it wasn't allowed to be sold. The manager and cashier at the front were cool about breaking the news, so I didn't mind. I just had a chuckle at the cashier remarking how cute it was and that she was going to get one for her son. :p

Billy Ray said:
Regarding Spalko, Dan Curto at Cool Toy Review scored a case of Wave 2 Revision 2, the case that has Spalko, at Target, so I am assuming that she will be out May 1.

Here is his pic from the CTR forums:
Indy-039-SP.jpg

Man, it looks like they messed up her hair on that figure. I'll have to give it a closer look, but she has more of a helmet look than closely-cropped hair.

Deckard

I Hate Snakes! said:
Those cards are really nice. Where did you get them?

Well they had artists do sketches and packed em into the Topps cards packs. So one in every so many packs you got an autograph or a sketch card. I ended up buying almost all of those off of ebay though. Heres a little more.

f65b_1.jpg
toht.jpg
ijsteveoatney.jpg

tod.jpg

belloq.jpg
e2b7_1.jpg
3c55_1.jpg

indianamichaelduron2.jpg
e4ed_1.jpg

youngIndy.jpg
ELSA.jpg
d0a3_1.jpg

ab0e_1.jpg
6474_1.jpg
f29c_1.jpg

0035.jpg

Billy Ray

tnswman said:
LOL!! Guys, that is your much hated ROTLA BAsic Indy figure from Wave 1 :)

I will say that the best way to make a PERFECT ROTLA Indy ( Both Versions ) is to get two deluxe Indy's and the two KOTCS Indy figures and put the Deluxe heads on THOSE Bodies!! DO NOT That's the only heads that will fit on the FAR surperior KOTCS Bodies....THE KOTCS Indy figure is NOT the same upper body as the Basic ROTLA Indy.

Ah, I should have noticed that he didn't have the gloved hands. Yours has a really nice paint job, mine doesn't have that weathered look on the jacket.

LOL, that recipe for the "perfect ROTLA Indy" is exactly why I have been asking if the deluxe head fit on the KOTCS Indy with jacket...that is exactly what I plan on doing.

Billy Ray

Agent Z said:
Man, it looks like they messed up her hair on that figure. I'll have to give it a closer look, but she has more of a helmet look than closely-cropped hair.

CTR will be adding Spalko to the Phot Archive tomorrow, so you will be able to get a closer look.

RelicHunter

Agent Z said:
They had those in at our Super Wally World. Pretty cool looking (and sounding) and I gave it a try, but it wasn't allowed to be sold. The manager and cashier at the front were cool about breaking the news, so I didn't mind. I just had a chuckle at the cashier remarking how cute it was and that she was going to get one for her son. :p

Regardless I WANT Spalko! Here is to hoping whatever Wal Mart I visit has that case!:)

Agent Z

RelicHunter said:
Regardless I WANT Spalko! Here is to hoping whatever Wal Mart I visit has that case!:)

Yeah, I'll wait and see. If it's the only Spalko figure being offered in that size and price range, I may bite. Otherwise, I'm holding out for a bigger and better likeness.

I'm definitely getting the Adventure Heroes mini Spalko though: that one looks awesome but, then again, they ALL look great it seems.

Same goes for the Lego figures. I'm going to go broke getting all those sets. :eek:

The Golden Idol

Billy Ray said:
Ah, I should have noticed that he didn't have the gloved hands. Yours has a really nice paint job, mine doesn't have that weathered look on the jacket.

Yours is different? Why?

Also, does the KOTCS Indy figure's jacket have the same amount of weathering as the ROTLA jacket?

Last edited:
Can someone (Tnswman, you most likely can) verify the accuracy of this relics list?

Wave 1
Indy w/jacket: Temple Relief Sculpture
Cairo Indy: Grail Tablet
Cairo Swordsman: Terra Cotta Warrior Statue
Monkey Man: Remains of Nurhache
Marion: Staff of Ra Headpiece
Belloq: Fertility Idol
Sallah: Terra Cotta Horse

Wave 2
KotCS Indy w/jacket:
KotCS Indy w/launcher:
Mutt w/jacket: Spear of Destiny
Mutt w/snake: Eye of Horus
Spalko: Crystal Skull
Ugha Warrior: Arrow Head
Cemetary Warrior: Funerary Mask
Colonel Dovchenko: Chalice
Russian soldier:

Thank you :cool:

:eek: Sorry, I forgot to fill in the first two...
Wave 2
KotCS Indy w/jacket: EYE OF THE PEACOCK
KotCS Indy w/launcher:The Dagger of Atreus
Mutt w/jacket: Spear of Destiny
Mutt w/snake: Eye of Horus
Spalko: Crystal Skull
Ugha Warrior: Arrow Head
Cemetary Warrior: Funerary Mask
Colonel Dovchenko: Chalice
Russian soldier:

The Golden Idol

I Hate Snakes! said:
I saw this on some site and thought you guys would like to see it.

You can't upload images from your computer onto a message board. Upload it onto photobucket or something and then post it here.

EDIT: Forget it. Nice pic!

tnswman

Ok, Here are teh comaprison and detailed pics of the Deluxe Indy Heads on the KOTCS Bodies..You can see by the comparison pics how the torso just works better on he KOTCS body.
008-4.jpg

Arms straight here:
009-2.jpg

010-3.jpg

Now for detailed pics of the figures I made from combining th Trap Indy Heads and KOTCS Bodies 9 or Indy wit hArk Body in this case )
011-1.jpg

012-2.jpg

013-2.jpg

014-2.jpg

015-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

018-2.jpg

019-2.jpg

And now for those of you who keep saying that the Indy figures Don't look Like Han Solo...Here's your sign!!!
020-1.jpg

021.jpg

THANK GOD they don't look like Han Solo :)

Deckard

Just to clarify what head are you using w/ the Deluxe Ark Body? Is it the Idol Trap Deluxe head?

That combo w/e it is, looks the best to me.

blueseattle

Actually, those last two pictures, where you talk about the Han Solo head, that actually looks like a figure of Fedora, the guy in Last Crusade in the beginning!

Haha.