User Name
Password

Old 07-08-2009, 01:02 AM   #26
hemble
IndyFan

Hi All

Luke Sprywalker wrote
Quote:
Ron, as I said in the Art forum all of these are amazing works of art. These things belong in a museum! I lve the early work, many of those I had not seen before. What were you working with back then? All the 12" ones are my favorite. They are mind boggling good, so life like. The new Ark Ghost is also a beautiful. Great execution and I love the small movie poster on the base of these. Keep them coming, I can't wait to see more. Thanks for sharing...

Now I would love to see you around this forum more often. Please take a look at my thread and offer any tips or suggestions as I am always eager to learn techniques to improve my work.

Spry I really appreciate the feedback and kind words buddy thanks heaps, I saw your work and I was amazed at the detail in your dio's and figures. And mate if you need any help by all means ask away as I will be picking your brain as well.

Ron
hemble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:48 AM   #27
hemble
IndyFan

Hi All

I wanted to make something a little different when I decided to make another Indy dio/display so after a little thinking about it I came up with this idea for a display. My 4 yr old daughter gave me help by telling me to add spider webs and grass/vines hanging of the map after she watched Raiders with me.

RECIPE

1: Indiana Jones - is from TLC dio I made back on 30/05/2009 as I'm still waiting for parts to arrive for this display.

2: Base - I've done a tutorial for the display so you can view the recipe here http://www.hemblecreations.com/tutorials.htm

Ron
Old 07-16-2009, 01:21 PM   #28
deckard24
IndyFan

They just keep getting better and better!!
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:12 PM   #29
Luke Sprywalker
IndyFan

Ron I love this! One of the best because the scene is so iconic. You have made the sideshow piece everything it should be. The moss, spider webs and paint work are legendary. The background is fabulous and well thought out. I appreciate the time you take making the tutorials and have looked over this one twice. I hope it will illustrate to everyone how simply put together foam core and styrofoam looks amazing after covering with paper mache or plaster and painting. I would love to see more people trying stuff like this. On the other hand I wish I could conform to your style and scale so my room would not fill up so fast. Another masterpiece my friend.
Luke Sprywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:23 AM   #30
hemble
IndyFan

Hi All

deckard24 wrote
Quote:
They just keep getting better and better!!

Cheers D appreciate the reply mate.

Luke Sprywalker wrote
Quote:
Ron I love this! One of the best because the scene is so iconic. You have made the sideshow piece everything it should be. The moss, spider webs and paint work are legendary. The background is fabulous and well thought out. I appreciate the time you take making the tutorials and have looked over this one twice. I hope it will illustrate to everyone how simply put together foam core and styrofoam looks amazing after covering with paper mache or plaster and painting. I would love to see more people trying stuff like this. On the other hand I wish I could conform to your style and scale so my room would not fill up so fast. Another masterpiece my friend.

Thanks heaps Spry always great to hear peoples thoughts, you are so right it is amazing how well foam and foam core look after a little plaster or mache.

The other good thing about it is how strong it becomes so you never have the problem of it breaking.

Ron
Old 07-29-2009, 01:55 AM   #31
hemble
IndyFan

Hi All

This was a real nice easy custom to do and a nice addition to my Indy Collection, I just revamped the Hasbro figure and gave everything a new paint job

RECIPE

1: Cairo Swordsman - Everything is Hasbro except for the body/hands and the wrap , the body and hands are from Dragon. The figure was repainted and weathered using Vallejo paints. The wrap is left over cloth which has been trimmed, folded and glued into place.

2: Base - The base was built the same way as the TOD Indy base, It is two pieces of foam core glued togther and then cardboard attached to give it strength. I used a stand that you get with a lot of the Dragon figures, I glued the stand inplace and then covered the whole base using plaster of paris, woodglue, finesand and small railway gravel. Once dry I painted the base with different shades of browns and sands.

Ron
Old 07-29-2009, 03:07 AM   #32
inky_skin
IndyFan

Ron - again I'm blown away by your exceptional skill. The original Hasbro fig looked so lifeless, but your stunning paint job has transformed it.

Every time I see your stuff I'm sorely tempted to try something at 1:6 scale, but it looks like you've got the market cornered

Seriously, you've taken a kids toy and made it look like a high-end collectible - this thing wouldn't look out of place on a shelf alongside the Sideshow Indy figure.

Kudos man
inky_skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:14 AM   #33
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

Dear Hemble,

Sincerely,

DocWhiskey
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:48 PM   #34
hemble
IndyFan

Hi All

inky_skin wrote
Quote:
Ron - again I'm blown away by your exceptional skill. The original Hasbro fig looked so lifeless, but your stunning paint job has transformed it.

Every time I see your stuff I'm sorely tempted to try something at 1:6 scale, but it looks like you've got the market cornered

Seriously, you've taken a kids toy and made it look like a high-end collectible - this thing wouldn't look out of place on a shelf alongside the Sideshow Indy figure.

Kudos man

Mate really glad you think my work is that good and the kind words are verymuch appreciated. It is amazing how detialed the Hasbro stuff is especially when you strip the factory paint off.

DocWhiskey wrote
Quote:
Dear Hemble,

(blew my mind pic)

Sincerely,

DocWhiskey

Cheers mate.

Ron
Old 08-08-2009, 01:20 AM   #35
Mr. Fusion
IndyFan

Beautiful as always!
Mr. Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:08 AM   #36
Luke Sprywalker
IndyFan

oh man I missed this last week. Very nice Ron. Great pose on the figure and the paint work makes him so life like. Also great tailoring on the soft goods, they too look real and so form fitting. Beautiful work Ron.
Luke Sprywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:18 AM   #37
hemble
IndyFan

Hi All

Mr. Fusion wrote
Quote:
Beautiful as always!

Thanks mate and gld you liked it.

Luke Sprywalker wrote
Quote:
oh man I missed this last week. Very nice Ron. Great pose on the figure and the paint work makes him so life like. Also great tailoring on the soft goods, they too look real and so form fitting. Beautiful work Ron.

Appreciate the reply mate thanks heaps, and I was amazed how well the clothing is it only took a few minor adjustments to get it to fit nicely.

Ron
Old 08-09-2009, 12:21 AM   #38
hemble
IndyFan

Hi All

I've had the Belloq figure when I got him with the Gold idol pedestal and finally decided to do something with him. I thought about the jungle scene but other customizers have done that so I thought I would go with him when he is in the Tanis dig site.

RECIPE

1: Rene Belloq - Is from Sideshow Toys, the only things that aren't are the watch, map, goggles and the statue. The watch is from a WW2 Dragon figure, the map has been downloaded of the net and then printed off, the goggles are made from a piece of clear plastic with pieces from the bits box and the statue is from the 3-3/4" indy figures I thought it just looked good Belloq holding it.

2: Base - The base is two pieces of foam core glued together and left to dry overnight, the wall is large foam pieces cut to size and pulled apart to get the decade look and then glued to the base.

Once everything has dried plaster of paris was used to cover the wall and then kitty litter and fine sand was added to the rest of the plaster and the rest of the base was covered. When the plaster dried I used Vallejo paints and pastels to paint and weather the base.

Ron
Old 08-09-2009, 12:56 AM   #39
MarionRavenChu
IndyFan

WOW they are simply AMAZING, Beyond EPIC!!!!
MarionRavenChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:58 AM   #40
Little Indy
IndyFan

Well from the waist up you got it spot on. From the waist down is still to be determined. HA Just kidding man. Another great work. Very very impresive Hemble. Whenever your name pops up I always take a look to see what you have done.
Little Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:36 AM   #41
Lambonius
IndyFan

Another excellent creation. I do have to wonder if those goggles really fit the 1930s time period, though--but that may be more a fault of the movie itself than your piece specifically. Great job. Definitely the best Belloq I've seen so far!
Lambonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #42
mfisher
IndyFan

The goggles are no more out of place than the rest of the WW2 german equipment they use... they are just simple german dust/wind goggles... same kind you always see on Erwin Rommel's peaked cap in photos..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ca_uniform.jpg
mfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:33 PM   #43
Lambonius
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfisher
The goggles are no more out of place than the rest of the WW2 german equipment they use... they are just simple german dust/wind goggles... same kind you always see on Erwin Rommel's peaked cap in photos..

Well then, I retract my question. Learn something new every day!
Lambonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:48 AM   #44
hemble
IndyFan

Hi All

Cheers guys and thanks for the feedback and comments and Lambonius don't worry bro the only reason I knew the goggles were correct is because I have alot of books and info on Rommel and Rommel's peak cap with goggles that MFisher showed is what I went off.

Ron
Old 08-11-2009, 01:25 AM   #45
NickTurner
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfisher

Yes, except that Rommel used a pair of BRITISH goggles thank you very much! Not ALL the good stuff from WWII was German you know.

Just my roots showing here. True though.
NickTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:32 AM   #46
NickTurner
IndyFan

Ron Hemble (not sure if that's name or handle?), great job on Rene's face particularly. I have been so un-impressed so far with Sideshow's Belloq, but it seems like it's a decent face after all. Still seems to be a touch of Micheal Caine in there. I can see this face under a pith hat in Zulu!

You really did bring him to life.
NickTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #47
hemble
IndyFan

Hi All

Nick thanks for the feedback about the goggles mate I never knew that and the German's had about %99.9 of the better equipment LOL. The Belloq heas is a pretty good likeness once you sand down the jaw line, and thanks to mfisher as he did it and looked awesome.

My name is Ron Hembling but I use hemble as my handle.

Ron
Old 08-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #48
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
These pieces are outstanding! You must be some sort of higher-being to be able to make these masterpieces! Never seen such great customs before. great job.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:02 PM   #49
Rocket Surgeon

Great customs... do you reuse your Indys or do you have different ones for each display?
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:06 PM   #50
hemble
IndyFan

Hi All

Lonsome_Drifter wrote
Quote:
These pieces are outstanding! You must be some sort of higher-being to be able to make these masterpieces! Never seen such great customs before. great job.

Very much appreciate the kind words thanks mate. And I think it's more of a vivid imagination to be honest with you.

Rocket Surgeon wrote
Quote:
Great customs... do you reuse your Indys or do you have different ones for each display?

Thanks heaps mate and there's a different one for each display.

Ron