Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Collecting Indy
User Name
Password

Old 02-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #76
indyclone25
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobi-1
While they're at it they should rerelease the Temple of Doom wave as well.
the way i see it (cause in hong kongis where they are made available)on ebay they made them and alot of them are being sold from there. at about 10 dollars a figure , not a bad deal ,

Last edited by indyclone25 : 02-14-2011 at 02:36 PM.
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #77
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael
Headpiece and the Staff of Ra to go with the Desert disguise Indy. Scale-size Sankara Stones for the (IMO) Best Indy Hasbro figure, the ToD Indy.

It stands to reason that the "new" accessories will be items that were already in the works but never released. I seriously doubt we'll see alternate heads or hands.

I think the most likely candidates are headpiece and the Sankara Stones. IMO, those are what we really need to "complete" the line. Anything else, for me, is gravy.

(though a properly scaled Cross would sure help, too.)
Lance Quazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:50 PM   #78
Exulted Unicron
IndyFan

I'd love a set. But like normal, its an SDCC exclusive and thus, it'll be well out of my price range and highly limited. Shame really, cause I really want that dress marion, mechanic, satipo and toht
Exulted Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:00 PM   #79
ChromiumBlue37
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromiumBlue37
My guesses for the kit-bashed Indiana Jones figure with accessories would include some of the iconic treasure in the 3 3/4 scale to the figures -

Chachapoyan Idol
Staff of Ra
Urn of Nurhachi's Remains
Sankara Stones
Cross of Coranado
Holy Grail
Crystal Skull

Whip Coil
Whip Lashing
Gas Mask Bag
Pistol
Shovel
Head with hat
Head without Hat
Variety of Snakes

See my above quote for my list of hopeful accessories. Hey, they did say there would be a LOT of accessories, right?
ChromiumBlue37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:32 PM   #80
featofstrength
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobi-1
While they're at it they should rerelease the Temple of Doom wave as well.

And the Last Crusade Adventure Heroes
featofstrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:41 PM   #81
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

Quote:
See my above quote for my list of hopeful accessories. Hey, they did say there would be a LOT of accessories, right?

I don't at all mean this in a snarky or sarcastic way, but did you buy the other figures from the line?

Because most of those already exist.

Chachapoyan Idol - Made It
Urn of Nurhachi's Remains - Made It (but a little out of scale)
Cross of Coranado - Made It (but a little out of scale)
Holy Grail - Made It (multiple scales)
Crystal Skull - Made It (multiple scales)

Whip Coil - Made It
Whip Lashing - Made It
Gas Mask Bag - Made It
Pistol - Made It
Shovel - Made It
Head with hat - Made It
Head without Hat - Made It

The only things on your list that the haven't made are the snakes (initially previewed as coming with Marion, so let's keep our fingers crossed), the stones and the headpiece.

Like I said, those last two really seem like the no-brainers for the Ultimate Indy and were most likely already in the works.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:46 PM   #82
I.M.J.
IndyFan

But do we really think that there will be a plethora of new accessories? It might be more likely that Hasbro will create an Ultimate Indy figure by packing him with a lot of the smaller artifacts and accessories that have already been produced, no?

I'd still love for a nicely scaled set of S. Stones and whatnot like the rest of us, but I'm just saying that it makes more sense that they reuse leftover parts or molds.
I.M.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:03 PM   #83
phantom train
IndyFan

I was a huge fan of the IJ figures that came out in 2008, and was extremely dissapointed that the line got cut short because of poor sales - I enjoyed the brief time we had of being able to go to the store and buy IJ figures again after so long, and it was sad to see the line fail before it really ever got a chance to begin.

So, IMHO this news is kind of bittersweet:

On one hand, it's great that these figures are finally being released.

On the other hand, it will be very tough for many (myself very much included) to get ahold of these. I have no intention of going to the Comic-con, and since I won't be able to get them there I presume the only other way to buy them is via E-bay or an E-tailer. However, I don't like ordering things online because I have had issues with items not reaching me after they're shipped (i.e., sometimes things have gotten lost/misplaced in the mail), so I don't order through the mail anymore.

I completely understand that these had to be some kind of an exclusive in order to be produced, but I wish they had instead been a store exclusive of some sort, or even a Diamond comics exclusive (so that comic stores would have gotten these). Too bad.
phantom train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:08 PM   #84
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M.J.
But do we really think that there will be a plethora of new accessories?

I certainly do NOT expect many new items. I'd be delighted if we got the headpiece or the stones or both. During their old Q&As, Hasbro confirmed both were in the works.

But, you're right, we may just get old stuff. Wouldn't surprise me at all. The "extra" Indy is pure gravy for me, the real "holy grail" is those other five figures.

One thing I know for certain - Hasbro's idea of "lots of accessories" and collectors' idea of "lots of accessories" are very, very different.

Last edited by Lance Quazar : 02-14-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:29 PM   #85
I.M.J.
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom train
However, I don't like ordering things online because I have had issues with items not reaching me after they're shipped (i.e., sometimes things have gotten lost/misplaced in the mail), so I don't order through the mail anymore.

-meh- Unless this has happened to you significantly more than the average person, I'd say this is sort of like refusing to wear a seatbelt because you heard someone got trapped by one when a car flipped over, man.

I wouldn't sweat it as long as you are using a reputable dealer and addressing your information correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Quazar
One thing I know for certain - Hasbro's idea of "lots of accessories" and collectors' idea of "lots of accessories" are very, very different.

Absolutely!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:44 PM   #86
Kevin
IndyFan

I wonder if these will come with boxed relics, or with stands instead.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:35 AM   #87
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

^Pretty sure that WAY back during their Indy Q&A's, Hasbro said they wouldn't be doing relics beyond the additional four waves.

Granted, the line itself didn't last beyond those four waves, but since they weren't planning anything, I think it's safe to say there won't be relic crates with these new figures.

As discussed, I desperately hope they come with all of the accessories that were originally previewed for these figures.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #88
tnswman
IndyFan

I'm still loving the idea that these could come out on vintage style cards much like the new Star Wars figures are doing. It would be a FANTASTIC way to re-live the 30th anniversary...and let's face it, these are the figures to do vintage cards with. All of these ( minus Sepy ) were in the original line.

What an AMAZING way it would be to "end" the hasbro run.
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:57 AM   #89
I.M.J.
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnswman
I'm still loving the idea that these could come out on vintage style cards much like the new Star Wars figures are doing. It would be a FANTASTIC way to re-live the 30th anniversary...and let's face it, these are the figures to do vintage cards with. All of these ( minus Sepy ) were in the original line.

What an AMAZING way it would be to "end" the hasbro run.

I thought that was just wishful thinking on our part? Was there a report that this was even a remote possibility?
Old 02-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #90
ChromiumBlue37
IndyFan

Never considered that there were relic crates as the pack ins. What a surprise that would be to get some sort of unseen, unexpected surprise. Back in the day we never did see carded examples of those figures. Seems that they were displayed on the ComicCon slideshow and then there was an announcement 2 months later that the line was cancelled.

Of course just getting these 5, (now 6), figures is just a dream come true.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:51 PM   #91
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Never considered that there were relic crates as the pack ins. What a surprise that would be to get some sort of unseen, unexpected surprise. Back in the day we never did see carded examples of those figures. Seems that they were displayed on the ComicCon slideshow and then there was an announcement 2 months later that the line was cancelled.

Of course just getting these 5, (now 6), figures is just a dream come true.

I wouldn't expect new relics, as these would probably have been shown with the prototypes (along with all the figure accessories). Just a hunch.

Like you say, having these figures released on their own is a big surprise and bonus. Since I have at least one of everything Hasbo released for the 3 3/4" line, I'll have to track this last wave down to keep it complete!
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:40 PM   #92
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

Guys, there will be NO new relics!

Hasbro said back in 08, before the line was even officially dead that the relics weren't going to continue beyond the first four waves. Even if we HAD gotten the Raiders wv2 in '09, there would have been no relics then.

So there certainly won't be any now. All we can hope is that the promised "extra accessories" with the new Indy will be something special.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:30 PM   #93
Kevin
IndyFan

When do they typically release press (hi-res) images for SDCC exclusives?
Old 02-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #94
Kevin
IndyFan

Quote:
^Pretty sure that WAY back during their Indy Q&A's, Hasbro said they wouldn't be doing relics beyond the additional four waves.

Granted, the line itself didn't last beyond those four waves, but since they weren't planning anything, I think it's safe to say there won't be relic crates with these new figures.

As discussed, I desperately hope they come with all of the accessories that were originally previewed for these figures.

Now that you mention it, I do seem to remember reading something about no new relics beyond the 2008 figures. However, I also remember reading something about stands replacing the relics. I wonder if this will be the case with these figures, or if they will just stick with the accessories.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:01 PM   #95
I.M.J.
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
Now that you mention it, I do seem to remember reading something about no new relics beyond the 2008 figures. However, I also remember reading something about stands replacing the relics.

I recall the same thing, but I'm with Lance Quazar on this one... I can't see Hasbro manufacturing brand new accessories. Remember, we are getting a kit-bashed Indy. It's most likely that he will just include a pack-in of accessories that we saw across the line previously.

I suppose it's possible that they'll include Sankara Stones, considering how simple and cheap it would be to manufacture them, but I'm betting that we'll be seeing Salla's shovel, Shorty's torch, stuff like that.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #96
Kevin
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M.J.
I recall the same thing, but I'm with Lance Quazar on this one... I can't see Hasbro manufacturing brand new accessories.

You are probably right, anything we get in this set will be product that was set and ready to be released with wave 5 in 2009, or recycled from the previous waves. That being the case, I doubt we will see newly-sculpted Sankara stones or anything like that with the "ultimate" Indy; as you say, it will probably just be existing accessories from all four films (idol, grail, cracked whip, coiled whip, gun, crystal skull, etc.).

But, I am still holding out hope for figure stands. Aside from the figures themselves, we don't know what other items they had completed tooling on before the line was canned. If they got as far as test shots with the figures, there is a good chance they had also developed a mold for the stands.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:47 PM   #97
ChromiumBlue37
IndyFan

Quote:
Guys, there will be NO new relics!

Hasbro said back in 08, before the line was even officially dead that the relics weren't going to continue beyond the first four waves. Even if we HAD gotten the Raiders wv2 in '09, there would have been no relics then.

So there certainly won't be any now. All we can hope is that the promised "extra accessories" with the new Indy will be something special.

Deep down, I never expect anything from Hasbro. It was just nice to imagine and hope.

As I said before, just getting these figures is a dream come true for me and will bring a sense of closure to the line. Thank you, Hasbro!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:58 AM   #98
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnswman
I'm still loving the idea that these could come out on vintage style cards...

I never thought they would release them individually, they'll probably come in a box together...

Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:35 AM   #99
Billy Ray
IndyFan

Apparently they are sculpting a new head for the Indy, so I guess new accessories like the staff and Sankara stones aren't completely out of the question, but I agree that they will most likely just be receycled stuff...unless they had tools for some of this stuff already.

I like the idea of the vintage cards. They are doing a big set of "Revenge of the Jedi" carded figures for SDCC, old figures on new cards packaged in a Death Star box:

Maybe we'll get something like this but, to be honest, I'd be just as happy if they came in a white cardboard mailer and plastic baggies.
Billy Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:30 AM   #100
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Ray

Maybe we'll get something like this but, to be honest, I'd be just as happy if they came in a white cardboard mailer and plastic baggies.

According to the Toy Fair announcement, the figures,
"...will be in a big special box that opens to reveal all 6 figures on cardback. "

I honestly don't get the love for the vintage cardbacks. Other than the (extremely limited) nostalgia factor, they are just ugly cards. Badly designed and unattractive. Fortunately, there is simply no way Hasbro would use them.