It is not the age that is a problem

adrian142

Hi,

while the rumours for a fifth installation begin to get more concrete, I have to confess that it is not Harrisons's age that worries me.

It is the time period a fifth installation has to be set, when Harrison is in his 70's.

Last time :)whip: Skull) it had to be the 50's. But cannot imagine anything in the 60's. :sick:

Why not make a movie with Harrison Ford and Chris Pratt?
Starting and finishing with Harrison.
And the part in the middle being set in the 20's or 30's and being played by Pratt. :gun:

Indiana Jones and "The Adventure Of A Lifetime".
His biggest riddle.
He wasn't able to solve way back then.

Starting with Harrison being in a very very dangerous situation.
Him stating "Will I never learn?"
And than a Flashback to the old era with lot's of undiscovered space on the planet, wehere mystery still has it's place. With Nazis or whatever.
With Chris Pratt introducing the new, younger Indy, but not being able to solve this riddle.
And after a lot of Action, turning back to Harrison.
Older and wiser and solving his "Adventure Of A lifetime".

What do You think?

Cheers, Adrian

Randy_Flagg

Yeah, many people have suggested having Harrison bookend the movie, and I think it's a definite possibility. But, there's a risk of backlash when fans start saying, "Hey, you got Harrison Ford, and you only used him for a quick scene at the beginning and end of the movie?! Lame!!"

I agree that the 60s (or more likely 70s) setting doesn't appeal so much. I guess the best way to work around it, if they want to have Harrison in the entire movie, is simply to make the time period irrelevant by setting the movie entirely in some distant environment that's removed from modern civilization, and making the villains non-political ones (maybe a rival archaeologist or a cult.) The beginning of KOTCS went a bit overboard with the "Look! It's the 1950s! Woohoo!!!" attitude. TOD, on the other hand, proved that the time period doesn't really NEED to be front and center (obviously certain aspects of TOD were tied to the time period, but it never felt like the film was calling attention to it so much.)

IndyJoey

I kind of feel like it would make more sense to use Harrison as the main Indy actor but with flashbacks when he was younger, perhaps JUST out of his Ph.D. with Chris Pratt. Make it that this is an enemy he faced when he was younger, showing Harrison's Indy as having a lifetime of experience, while still introducing Chris Pratt as Indiana Jones. You could keep Harrison as the star, and then if Disney went and made a 6th movie afterwards they could use Pratt as the star because he would've already been established as Indiana Jones.

Hanselation

IndyJoey said:
I kind of feel like it would make more sense to use Harrison as the main Indy actor but with flashbacks when he was younger, perhaps JUST out of his Ph.D. with Chris Pratt. Make it that this is an enemy he faced when he was younger, showing Harrison's Indy as having a lifetime of experience, while still introducing Chris Pratt as Indiana Jones. You could keep Harrison as the star, and then if Disney went and made a 6th movie afterwards they could use Pratt as the star because he would've already been established as Indiana Jones.

I absolutely agree to this. For now it's not the age, more important is the story and a well written script for the next movie with Harrison as Indiana Jones. Short flashbacks, like in LC will help to prepare Indiana Jones for more instalments in the future, but for know Harrison Ford is - at least for me - still believable as Indiana Jones.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
IndyJoey said:

Chris Pratt is currently 36. That puts him at the same age Harrison Ford was in 1978, the year after <I>Star Wars</I>. They'd need to have a plan for a fifth film very soon if they even want him to be younger than Ford was when he filmed <I>Raiders</I>.

The Reaper

Attila the Professor said:
Chris Pratt is currently 36. That puts him at the same age Harrison Ford was in 1978, the year after <I>Star Wars</I>. They'd need to have a plan for a fifth film very soon if they even want him to be younger than Ford was when he filmed <I>Raiders</I>.

What? Why does it matter what the actors' actual age is? It's Hollywood. What matters is the age the actor plays in the film and what they look like. Duh.

Pale Horse

Staff member
The Reaper said:
It's 's Hollywood. What matters is the age the actor plays in the film and what they look like. Duh.

Some would argue too that the ability to throw a punch without throwing a hip is important to, no? At least in an action film.

Old man throws a hip

Last edited:

Walecs

I swear by God that if Indy will be played by Chris Pratt (or by anyone other than Ford or Ingruber) I'll never watch it.

Duaner

Walecs said:
I swear by God that if Indy will be played by Chris Pratt (or by anyone other than Ford or Ingruber) I'll never watch it.

I seem to think the Chris Pratt ship has sailed.