The Search for Noah's Ark

IndyBuff

That sounds really interesting. I can't wait to hear more but unfortunately I'll be at work when the footage airs on television. I'll have to tape it or something. Hopefully they've found something real and authentic this time around.:)

Tennessee R

Actually, I know of these people, and the same ones to 'discover' this site has hi-jacked other sites, such as the real Mt. Sinai in Arabia.

They went over four years after Ron Wyatt had shown the Saudi Arabian Government this mountain (Which they then built a 12 feet tall chain link fence around, and posted a guard house), using Ron's map, and these people said that they had been the ones who discovered Mt Sinai.

They also lie about things. Such as calling a 60 foot tall boulder 6 feet tall. Obviously they had not even seen this particular boulder.

But, we'll see what they show, anyhow. ;)
I'm not holding my breath. But we'll see.

indyt

This should be very interesting. I hope they retrieve some good evidence. I know it exists and hope it is found.

San Holo

I will keep an open mind, at least until more evidence is released. Since the 1940's, the U.S. Government has been very interested in Noah's Ark. The CIA has a bulky case file and satellite pictures on " an impressive-looking, boatlike structure that sits within an icy tomb on the slopes of Mount Ararat".

Johan

Tennessee R said:
Actually, I know of these people, and the same ones to 'discover' this site has hi-jacked other sites, such as the real Mt. Sinai in Arabia.

They went over four years after Ron Wyatt had shown the Saudi Arabian Government this mountain (Which they then built a 12 feet tall chain link fence around, and posted a guard house), using Ron's map, and these people said that they had been the ones who discovered Mt Sinai.

They also lie about things. Such as calling a 60 foot tall boulder 6 feet tall. Obviously they had not even seen this particular boulder.

But, we'll see what they show, anyhow. ;)
I'm not holding my breath. But we'll see.

Your information is wrong. I actually have a DVD of them interviewing a family that have visited the site numerous times before them and also believe it is Mt. Sinai.

Tennessee R

IndyJohan said:
Your information is wrong. I actually have a DVD of them interviewing a family that have visited the site numerous times before them and also believe it is Mt. Sinai.

Actually, no, my info is right. I can usually back up what I say, but thank you for being sceptical. More people need to be that way. (Or at least about ceartain things) "Prove all things, hold fast that which is good".

These people you refer to were friends of Ron Wyatt, and actually gave him some footage of the mountain, etc. that he wanted. Then, four years later, they turned footage over to Cornuke and Williams, and you can see that in some of their tapes, they took the footage on Ron's video, and played it backward. ;)

Cornuke and Williams claims to have discovered Mt. Sinai using the Bible, when they hooked up with Ron's sources, used Ron's info, went over four years later, and
WOW! Look what we found!
Yep, they found it right where Ron said, and right where Ron Wyatt had shown the Saudi Government. (Who then put up a tall chain-link fence, and a guardhouse.)

I've also seen Cornuke's video, but if you check into it, you might be interested in getting Wyatt Archaeology's "Discovered: The Exodus" (Sorry if it seems I'm selling) to learn the truth about the discovery of Mt. Sinai in Arabia.

Actually, you don't have to order anything. A detailed account has been provided for free:

http://www.wyattmuseum.com/mount-sinai.htm
or secondarily,
http://www.wyattnewsletters.com/indexartcls.htm

Both are pages of www.wyattmuseum.com

Please tell me what you think.

Tennessee R

As with anything with so little information, I'd have to have more facts, but the site is not even anywhere near the Biblical length of Noah's Ark.
And the Bible (In Hebrew) says that Noah's Ark landed in the "mountains of Urartu" (The whole region surrounding Mt. Ararat).

smokin_si1138

Noah's Ark? Or the Ark of Atrahasis?

How many of you know about the Mesopotamian flood legend? It's widely accepted to have been in existence earlier than the Biblical accounts and is almost exactly the same story but with the big difference that it's not Noah or God, but Atrahasis and two gods (a good god and a slightly annoyed god).

Of course Biblical "archaeologists" tend to ignore that. But then some of them also claim the world is 6000 odd years old.

Tennessee R

How many of you knew that there were hundreds of flood accounts similar to the Bible's, in almost every major civilization on the planet?

The Epic of Gilgamesh is just a prime example.

Of course, many Biblical scholars, Creationists, and amateur Archaeologists are quick to acknowledge this.

There might really have been a global, catastrophic flood.

smokin_si1138

Aye, this is true. But as far as I'm aware the earliest version, pre-dating the Biblical account, originates from Mesoptamia (and is the version rehashed in Gilgamesh) and involves the "two god" story.

This version dates back to around 1600 BC but probably originates from an earlier period. It is therefore more than likely earlier than the Biblical account.

It could be argued that the Mesopotamians and the Israelites were both interpreting an earlier catastrophe, changing the story to fit in with their ideological beliefs, with "Moses" or whoever actually authored the first three books of the Old Testament, collecting various stories from the region and adapting them to form a Jewish and later Christian mythology (this would also explain the similarities between creation stories).

But whereas the Babylonian and Sumerian myths were forgotten as those civilisations collapsed, the Jewish/Christian mythology has gone on to be rather successful (surely making the Torah/Bible the most successful PR documents of all time).

My personal belief is that there was some catastrophic event, not on a global scale (though some have cliamed it may relate to the melting of the ice caps after the last ice age...) but on a large local scale (see the various theories pertaining to the Black Sea Flood). This story then passed into oral tradition and became a story that later came to be written down and adapted to fit into various ideologies.

Anyone stepping back in time would have great difficulty finding anyone called Atrahasis or Noah as I believe these were fictitious characters created to give the audience someone to identify with, whilst the god characters were introduced as an explanation of events which were beyond the ken of human reason at the time.

qwerty

I just realized something. There is a big chance that Noah's Ark never realy existed.
You people say that there was some kind of a flood in the time when Noah's Ark story happen. What if people did not want to forget flood and they started telling stories wich at the end turned into this.
Maybe the only reason why we know this story is becouse actual flood shouldn't be forgoten. But important thing is the esence of it and not the actual plot (which is I have to say preaty stupid).

JerryKing

The link no longer contains anything on the subject, but based on the discussion, I assume this is about Bobby "I am Indiana Jones! I even wear a hat sometimes!" Cornuke and Larry Williams, isn't it? If that is the case, I doubt they will be going looking for anything for a while, unless it's a "Get out of jail free" card for Larry...

Last edited:

JerryKing

By the way, if Ararat was not so freakishly cold, I would be tempted to apply for a Turkish visa and drag a piece of wood on that mountain myself, to "discover" it with cameras present and then sell its chippings... A certain French scammer has already done it.

Doc Savage

I find it ironic, given the posts on this thread, that the Christians are the ones accused of narrow-mindedness.