WillKill4Love

Nurhachi1991

Nicely said Violet Indy

But Willkill4food every guy has been in your position. I have blown alot of chances with girls I liked and I could slap myself upside the head for that but you just gotta move on.

Kingsley

I know girls that can't remain alone for a while... maybe that's the case.
Anyway, if she break up soon with the new guy, then she isn't very sure of what she wants.
She did mention something that can be read as an interest in you, but as Violet says, she didn't insist either... mmm, I would say move on with your life, and if it's not too hard to deal with, remain friends... and time will tell you if there can be something more between you two.

Finn

Staff member
If it's of any condolence, you still have a lot of chances to fall for someone.

It's nearly a decade since I was in high school (or what's the local equivalent) and I don't know anyone who would still be together with his or her past sweetheart.

However, I do know a couple who were in the same school but couldn't care less about each other back then. It's a strange world.

WillKill4Food

Violet Indy said:
To be honest, do you really want to date a girl who picks up boyfriends like there's no tomorrow?
I wouldn't say that about her. I mean, her last boyfriend seemed like a jerk, at least to me he did, and I can't blame her for wanting to start anew.

Anyway, as for the other posts, since the general consensus seems to be "move on," I guess that's the best course I could take.

Thanks.

If anything good comes out of this, I'll update it.

The Man

WillKill4Food said:
I wouldn't say that about her. I mean, her last boyfriend seemed like a jerk, at least to me he did, and I can't blame her for wanting to start anew.

Anyway, as for the other posts, since the general consensus seems to be "move on," I guess that's the best course I could take.

Thanks.

If anything good comes out of this, I'll update it.

Do you plan to go to the prom with somebody else? You know, for surveillance purposes..?

WillKill4Food

Well, it's a few months off, actually.
I'm not sure why she brought it up this month.
Hopefully, if no progress is made, I will have long moved on by then, Man.

The Man

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KE60TJn-tUY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KE60TJn-tUY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

muttjones

The Man said:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KE60TJn-tUY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KE60TJn-tUY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

LOL :D

ten characters

Nurhachi1991

Last night Darth Vader came down from planet Vulcan and said if I diddn't take Loraine to the dance he'd melt my brain!

WillKill4Food

Another Update, and Another Question

Well, as you know, she is dating another guy - a guy who over the past few weeks has come to be so profusely irritating to me that the mere sound of his name causes my blood to boil.

Meanwhile, despite my attempts to quell my infuation, I still melt at the sound of hers.

Recently, she and I, along with around twenty other students, went to the nation's capital for the political club that we're in. While we were in there, she spent most of her time with me, even though several of her friends other than myself were on the trip. I hope that this is a good sign, that the fact she went with me everywhere and abandoned them shows that she sees something more than a friend in me.

Then, on the bus ride back, we listened to her iPod and watched a movie together, and she spent most of the trip back lying next to me, my arm around her.

But she is still in a relationship with him.

To make matters even more confusing, her boyfriend can't go to prom. He's busy with sports on that day. So she asked me to take her - as a friend, of course.

I don't know what to do. I am lost. Two of my best friends know about my feelings for her: One of them thinks that I should make my move and see what comes of it. The other, a staunch Christian, thinks I should forget her entirely because she seems to be unwilling to stick with one guy.

What do you guys (and especially girls) suggest?

Do I accept that her and I are just really good friends?

Or do I make some sort of move to ensure that her and I are more than just friends by the time of prom in two months?

Last edited:

The Drifter

This is a story about a beautiful woman. She was married, but seperated from her husband.
She was online, and an 18 year-old lad by the handle of Lance McReed, seen her, and tried to woo her. He was victorious in his quest, and thus they began to telephone each other.
After many days, they met face-to-face, but had that poor lad never tried to ensure his place in the lass's heart, he would have never made it.
Nine years later the two have been married for seven years and together a total of nine.
My moral? Man, jump on the chance. You snooze you lose. Get her, while she's ripe for the picking!

Last edited:

Kingsley

Agree... make her clear you like her, but also that she can't play a game with more than 2 players if she wants to be with you.
The good side of your situation is that probably she would have to choose, and either she chooses you or not, you will know if she was worth your feelings or not.

The_Raiders

Dude... it sounds like a very tough situation... :( I wouldn't feel bad about having you're arm around her... I made out with a "friend" of mine and come to find out she had a boyfriend who proposed to her (I had no idea so I felt terrible :( )
But man, if you really think you have chance, if you truly know in your heart (sounds lame I know and Im going to contradict myself in a moment) then you really need to go for it.

And this is how I'm going to contradict myself with the believe in your heart thing. Well one of best friends really really likes this girl, and I like her alot too. I've known her for a month or so, and I've known my best friend for several years. Well, I really think i could have a chance with this girl, but if I got with her I wouldn't want that to damage my friendship with someone I've known along time, I really don't know how he'd react, if it upset him I hope his older brother (who I've known longer and is my ultimate bestfriend) wouldnt kill me. See man we all got some kind of similar problem.

Finn

Staff member
To quote a female member from another thread...

Violet Indy said:
A bit of good attention is always nice. I'm afraid it's a female trait (provided that they are not completely shy) that girls want/like attention though some just want any attention.
And I might note that men are not exactly free of this sin either. You can witness a male flirting with an attractive female, he's obviously talking her up and she's showing the tokens of attraction, smiles and other body language... but when the time comes to make an advance he backs off - because he's in a relationship.

I don't mean to imply that this kind of behavior is somehow despicable as it's very innocent really - but it can be confusing for the unexperienced.

So keep your cool man, keep your cool. Nothing prevents you from enjoying what you're getting, but it's no reason to start setting up a rose garden. True artists of course get into the same game and start collecting similar innocent signs from other members of the opposite sex - especially when she's around. Attention is one of those things that tend to grow exponentially. You get it from one source, and suddenly you start noticing springs of it all around you.