• toht: face melt

Votes: 51 68.9%
  • dietrich: head shrink

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • gobler: car going over cliff

Votes: 9 12.2%

• Total voters

Matt deMille

I wish there were more to vote for. Poor Pat had TWO great deaths and not one was given on the multiple-choice. So, here's my TOP 5 fave Raiders deaths.

1) Deitrich eating too many Ark lemons
2) Cairo swordsman failing his Intelligence Check
3) German mechanic propeller trauma
4) Peruvian porter with the original stickyback
5) The monkey!

Dr. Bones beat me to it, but the German Mechanic getting frapped is one of my favorite conclusions to a move fight ever. Having said that, Toht's death is unbeatable. I love the way his glasses slide down his face as it melts. The use of practicals effects is both amazing and delightful. If it were done today, it would (a) be CGI and (b) look terrible.

Major Eaton

Matt deMille said:
I wish there were more to vote for. Poor Pat had TWO great deaths and not one was given on the multiple-choice. So, here's my TOP 5 fave Raiders deaths.

1) Deitrich eating too many Ark lemons
2) Cairo swordsman failing his Intelligence Check
3) German mechanic propeller trauma
4) Peruvian porter with the original stickyback
5) The monkey!

:whip:Nice. This comes in 3rd behind Donovan's demise(all time list) and Toht's "explosion" IMO.

AndyLGR

Face melting every time. That was so cool when I was young. My kids laughed when they first saw it, they thought the effects looked crap.

Major Eaton

I'm changing the order from my post above based on a fresh viewing of all the villain deaths in Raiders. They are:

1. Toht's face melt.
2. Dietrich's disintegrating head implosion.
3. Belloq's explosion. (watch his hands too! :eek:)

Calo

For me, its a tie between Belloq's head explosion and Toht's melting face.

Both of their deaths kind of make me chuckle.:p

I think Toht is going to win....This might be weird...but when Belloqs head blows up...It reminds me of a watermelon bursting....LOL....very apitising:sick:

DeepSixFix

AndyLGR said:
Face melting every time. That was so cool when I was young. My kids laughed when they first saw it, they thought the effects looked crap.
It looked so real seeing it as a kid in the theater.

Kai Hagen

I remember watching Toht's scene numerous times when I was a kid because the guy at the video store replayed it over and over again. I'm surprised that it didn't traumatize me because it looked very realistic at that time.

Col. Dietrich

I always loved Dietrich due to his demise and the way it worked was way more complicated than Toht or bellows Head since Dietrich Head had a tube that sucked air out of it and there was a pump to dispense blood there are levers that control all of this stuff plus the head mold itself.

RaidersLovers

Col. Dietrich said:
I always loved Dietrich due to his demise and the way it worked was way more complicated than Toht or bellows Head since Dietrich Head had a tube that sucked air out of it and there was a pump to dispense blood there are levers that control all of this stuff plus the head mold itself.

Actually it's not Dietrich spitting blood, it's his tongue crumbling in blood (Look Closer), also the way his lobes torns, also the rolling eyes are more scary than Toht rolling eyes.

micsteam

Let's just say I know who will not be reappearing in Indy 5.. well with the possible exception of Gobler who might have caught a tree branch going over the cliff out of camera. :hat:

Kai Hagen

My mom used to take me to the mall often. In this mall, the moms used to leave their children in a video store while they went shopping. They weren't concerned about the kidnappings because the town was very safe. The video store used to show Raiders of the Lost Ark over and over again. I watched Toht's scene numerous times. And when a worker saw the blood spray on the Nazi plane, he went to the VCR and repeated that scene about five times. I was only seven when I saw those two parts and it always scared me. A year later, the news media started to warn people about the kidnappings that occurred in the other cities. A movie of a kidnapping based on real events was shown on television. In this movie, the mall where the parents lost their child looked a little like the one we went to. The parents stopped leaving their kids in the malls after that.

Last edited: