Emperor's Tomb hints and tech help

Attila the Professor

Staff member
You don't need to pick it up...the last level level doesn't have an artifact, the one before has one, but the first level of the netherworld, the one with all the terra cotta guys and those blue skeleton things, has 2 artifacts, one on a ledge by where the last blue skeleton is, and the other one at the end of the long series of whipping lanterns.

With that, you'll have all of the artifacts.

D

daviesrobert

Re: HOW DO I GET THE HEART OF THE DRAGON IN EMPEROR'S TOMB?

Thanks man!

The walkthrough I was reading was a bit vague on this and implied THE HEART OF THE DRAGON was the last one. The gallery ain't much though, I was kinda expecting more.

I guess this beggs the question whether it is possible to grab THE HEARTH OF THE DRAGON? Maybe there's an alternate ending if you do. I dunno, I've come pretty damn close!

Cheers,

Rob

druss

I've just bought the emperor's tomb game for the PC and am having problems with the controls. I have tried both the keyboard and game pad but find the camera does not follow Indy around properly. If you turn and face one way it dosn't spin round so you can see ahead for ages, if at all. Also with the walk button held down I can't turn around or look at different angles whilst stood still!

Has anyone else found this or is there a way round it?!

indyfan1202

Hey,

When I play the Infernal Machine, and I try to access the interface, the only thing it does is the Health meter will light up, so I can't save the game or get any of my items. Also, sometimes after I pick up an item, such as treasure or a weapon, the screen will change to black. Can someone please help? Is it the computer, or the game? Any help would be appreciated.

H. Jones Jnr

I had the same troubles when I started trying to play it a year back. I had to give up because of these problems (exactly the problems you describe).

I pretty sure it's because it's such an old game, back then Windows 98 was futuristic and snazzy and DirectX 5 was all the rage. The game isn't expeccting to be run on Windows2000/XP with DirectX 9.

There are a few things you can do to help such as running the game in compatability mode. But even then I only got minimal improvements on Win2000. Apparently XP is much better with old games.

I did think about getting my hands on a N64 emulator and trying it that way, problem is getting hold of the game...

cruster

Re: Re: Von Beck's Revenge

curtsy said:
Nox said:
I seem to be having a technical problem in Von Beck's Revenge. The camera refuses to move and as a result it is very hard to manuever Indy left or right. This would be okay except that Indy turns sharply to the right right before the third whip-jump and, since I can't turn him, he runs into a block and stays there until Von Beck catches up and smushes him. I've tried using the A/D keys but they turn him too far. Gah, camera based movement SUCKS.
I've got the same problem. Did you find a solution?

I know it's been awhile since y'all posted, and I haven't even finished the level yet, but I found that while you're taking the last short jump prior to where you get stuck, if you begin to move the mouse to left just before the jump (timing is important) you should be far enough left of the block that you can still whip and swing. Just remember you don't have to be in the dead center to swing.

Hope this helps if you haven't beat it yet.

[Edited by cruster on 06-21-2003 at 11:35 pm]

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Re: Maybe I'm just dumb!!

cab2 said:
I'm not sure why, however, I can't seem to beat the first mission. I get all the way to the end, and I cannot get the chain swinging again when it stops.Even when I manage to reach the second chain, I cannot seem to grab the second chain after you lock up the big crock. Am I just missing a control or something, or is it a defect I don't know about. I have the game for PC and I think that I have tried all the controls and still am not able to get swinging again. Please help me...I appriciate it... other than this problem..I was really getting into the game and now I am stuck on this part which has me really bummed out. Thanks for any help.

You should read the previous messages on this thread. It has been asked for about 20 times ;).

StarFire

Prague: The Library.
I've found the fake bookshelf, as well as the levers to raise/lower the chandelier in the library. I'm trying to get into the alcove on the fourth floor (opposite end of the library from the large painting). I can't whip the chandelier, nor can I shimmy across to the alcove from the third level because of the railing. Help!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
They don't care much about the multiple threads anymore, so don't worry about it. If you are trying to get where I think you are, just try walking on the railing to get into the alcove (the artifact one). I think that's what I did.

Dyre Straits

I know I've discovered some artifacts. Do I have to complete the game with all of them in order for the Artifact option to become active?

Thx

Dyre Straits

Yes, that definitely was the help I needed. Thanks!

Now, I'm afraid I've missed a few....unless the collection showing up isn't necessarily in proper order on the shelves. I have a very nice collection.....just a few missing at certain locations.

I'm afraid this game is just too frustrating in too many aspects to be genuinely FUN!

I've reached the Emperor's Tomb and the controls are so unpredictable, I'm having great difficulty getting Indy to climb out of the wall crushers. While I HAVE made it a few times, he runs into more problems with those zapping orbs and can't seem to reach the end of the level.

EDIT: I have FINALLY progressed past this area and have reached the puzzle of the bells room.

[Edited by Dyre Straits on 06-27-2003 at 03:09 am]

gavinpape

I had no problems at all with the wall crushers.. did it first time... only got crushed once and that was on purpise cos i thought it would be funny.. :)
the zapping orbs were a bastard.. it was frustrasting to go through the wall crushers and the flames again and again....
i found the bells very easy too..

Dyre Straits

Yeah, as for the bells puzzle, knowing how to proceed is the key.

I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but, I just wish the game has in-game save slots. It would swing the pendulum from frustrating to exceptionally fun for me.

Next, I'd concentrate on getting a grip on the camera controls.

Dyre Straits

scubaman2003 said:
I need some help with using the whip with the hook to jump across a deep gap in the Dungeon Section in Prague

You have to do a running whip swing. This one had me stumped for awhile, too. Once you get it, though, it won't be so hard next time.

Essentially, you have to get Indy running with the whip in hand, jump from the opening, do the Whip Swing command and follow through with the release so he lands on the other side. Timing is critical!

Dyre Straits

I had all kinds of problems after I dropped the chandelier onto the goons below.

For whatever reason, Indy would not make a successful swing from the chain to the balcony. I did finally get it, and then had to do it all over again as he got swarmed by the goons from the next room....and very little health left.

Did anyone else have problems with this particular swing from the chain to the balcony?