A New DVD Collection?

No Ticket

Those are some really cool photos there! haha. It's weird seeing them all together like that. What years was that again, 2002?

fixer79

I must say I'm a tad bit disappointed with the new special feature content...
When o when will Lucasfilm put original, vintage documentaries on their DVDs?
:(

Wu_Han

My question is will we have to keep our bonus DVD from 2003 in order to see that four hours worth of material? I only have the full screen version so I need to get the movies again anyway, but I want to get the most complete collection as possible.

Dr Jones

Wow! Doody looks gorgeous! :D

Great images to see them all together.

And I think these DVDs are far greater thought through than Star Wars.

The artwork looks fantastic, and even the features look and sound amazing, the fact there are more features that are new and give us more looks into both the old AND new Indy films.
Hey, and it is even a new tool for introducing new fans to the adventure.

I'll be getting them!

(y)

oki9Sedo

Alison Doody looks incredible in those photos!

Anyway, the new DVDs were clearly hurriedly prepared to coincide with the new films release. The new special features are sh*t.

A brief introduction to the films? The odd new special effects featurette? No deleted scenes or commentaries?

Don't waste your money. They don't even use the theatrical posters for the covers.

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
All pictures below are from various sources like the now closed http://www.theindyexperience.com/. The thumbnails are from this professional website http://www.lfi.co.uk/search-action-...diana+jones&orderby=asc&searchfield=allfields. Take a tour to all watermarked pictures on the site in slight larger size and if you manage to obtain bigger high quality versions let me know.
reunion1.jpg

indy_ladies_ford.jpg

dvdbox_releaseparty.jpg

dvd_press_junket3.jpg
dvd_press_junket2.jpg

ResidentAlien, I hope this makes up a bit for my not so updated posts.:cool:

-Jones-

They should've made a movie in that time, it could've been set in the 1930s, no problem. Ford looked fantastic!

ElsaFan

I clicked your link... Was Alison Doody the star of that press junket or what? More than half the pictures are of her, with the others in the background most of the time. I think she caught the eye of the photographer!

Can't wait to see that junket live on the DVD!

xVendetta17x

I thought they were releasing another box set with an extra bonus disk
I must've been misinformed
But what Art are they using for the covers?

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
I clicked your link... Was Alison Doody the star of that press junket or what? More than half the pictures are of her, with the others in the background most of the time. I think she caught the eye of the photographer!

YES, she still is a very beautiful and attractive woman!!:cool:

phantom train

The 2003 IJ film set on DVD is still readily available at Target and other places for a reasonable price. I have this set, and the picture quality is almost perfect on "Raiders" and "TOD", and is 100% crisp and clear on "The Last Crusade".

So, here's the ONLY question I have about the re-release of the DVD's:

Is the picture quality of these "Special Edition" DVD's any better than the DVD's that were released in 2003?

If not, I am not interested in these. I don't care about any extra special features, and I just see these new DVD's as a way for Lucas to make more money from the fans.

Major West

phantom train said:
on "Raiders" and "TOD", and is 100% crisp and clear on "The Last Crusade".

So, here's the ONLY question I have about the re-release of the DVD's:

Is the picture quality of these "Special Edition" DVD's any better than the DVD's that were released in 2003?

There's no way it could be any better, the films were restored for the previous DVD release.

The only way you'll see an improved picture is to wait for the Blu-ray releases.

xVendetta17x

I wouldn't want to get in BLu-Ray
The Indy films are meant to be like a B-Movie, so it's meant to have more of a picturesque look to it
Making it to clear would ruin the effect

deckard24

xVendetta17x said:
I wouldn't want to get in BLu-Ray
The Indy films are meant to be like a B-Movie, so it's meant to have more of a picturesque look to it
Making it to clear would ruin the effect
That's a good point! As great as it would be to see every bead of sweat and pore on Indy's nose, the older B-Movie look is what makes these movies unique. I'll have to wait and see, because there's no doubt in my mind that I will have a Blu-Ray player in the not too distant future!

As for the new DVDs, I'm thinking about selling the old ones at FYE or one of those stores, and then applying the cash towards the new ones. I really like the look of the new covers, and then there's extra bonus features! That will be hard to resist!